Thirty Five

Blue Blossom

Suyun was on the first flight out to LA from Seoul international airport. She was wearing a bulky jacket, sunglasses and a medical mask to cover her face. There were only a few people in the airport but she swore that some of them were taking her picture. While waiting at the gate to board her plane, she pulled out her cellphone and decided to text some people that she was going to be leaving.

To: Mark, Jackson, Bomi, Amber, Ailee, Minah

I’m going to be heading to LA for the week and I wont be able to get in touch with anyone. Sorry for the late notice.

She sent out the text and then scrolled through her contacts until she landed on Leo’s name. Suyun didn’t know what to text and she was feeling rather guilty about not calling him the night before.

To: Taekwoon~Oppa~

I’m sitting in the airport right now. I’ll call you when I get to LA, kay?

It was a little open ended but it was the best she could do at the moment. The next mass text she sent out was to the Love-E members who were asleep when she left. She basically told them to work hard and that she would text them when she landed. Texting took less time than she thought to Suyun went onto twitter which might have been a giant mistake. Fans were asking her about her last tweet and if it were about a boy, many asking if it were about Jackson. She read an article on AllKpop that claimed that Suyun was in a relationship and that someone would be confirming with the company later. Suyun just rolled her eyes and decided to listen to music instead. She opened a playlist labeled ‘Relax!’ on it and pressed play. The first song to come on was ‘Only U’ by VIXX which made Suyun want to talk to Leo even more. She closed her eyes and let herself melt into the music. She felt her phone vibrate when the song ended and Suyun was jolted from her relaxed state.

From: Taekwoon~Oppa~
Are you still sitting in the airport?

From: My SuSu
Yup

Suyun had just sent her text when her phone starting ringing and Leo’s named popped up onto the screen. She answered it and pressed the phone to her ear.

“Are you okay?” Was the first thing Leo asked and Suyun felt like she wanted to cry again. She had the sweetest boyfriend in the world.

“I’m doing fine…considering the circumstances.” Suyun looked around and she noticed a young couple look at her and then whisper to each other.

“I wish I could go with you.” Leo crawled out of his room he shared with N, Hyuk and Hongbin and went out onto their small balcony that looked out at the Seoul nightscape.

“I wish you were here with me.” Suyun lowered her head so the couple wouldn’t be able to possibly hear her or read her lips.

“Next time you go to America I will go with you.”

“I’d like that.” Suyun’s eyes watered as she thought about why she would be going to America again. It would be for her mother’s funeral. The couple talked for the next forty minutes until all of the passengers were called to board the plane. “I have to go now oppa.”

“Call me as soon as you land.” Leo said as he felt rushed. He wanted to talk to her more but something always seemed to be in the way.

“I will, I promise.” Suyun stood up and tightly held her passport in one hand and her phone in the other.

“I love you.” Leo said it so naturally that he couldn’t stop the words that spilled out of his mouth. Suyun froze in her spot and hung open. The line was completely silent as Leo waited anxiously for her response and Suyun tried to force her brain and mouth to work together to form words.

“I… love you too.” Suyun whispered and when she said the words it felt almost like a weight had been lifted off of Leo’s heart.

“O-Okay…uh….bye. Have a safe flight.” He didn’t want to sound awkward but he knew he must have; he slammed a palm over his face hoping that Suyun wouldn’t think he was weird.

“Thank you. Bye.” Suyun quickly hung up the phone and let out a sigh. She didn’t know what she thanked him. It was just an automatic response. She didn’t want it to sound like she was thanking him for saying that he loved her. “Oh god.” Suyun whined, embarrassed by herself. She rushed onto the plane and turned off her cellphone before she could potentially embarrass herself more. When the phone call ended Leo looked out at the view before going back into the apartment. He almost let out a scream when he saw N standing in the middle of the living room with a stern, motherly look on his face.

“Who was that?” N demanded to know.

“Suyun.” Leo whispered, hoping not to wake up the members or their manager.

“Oh? What could she want at four in the morning?” It was at times like this that N seriously looked like a mother. Leo tried to walk past him but N put him into a head lock. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue for Leo but he was so tired and with the confirmation that Suyun loved him back, there was no way he could fight.

“She is going to LA today.” Leo angrily muttered as he tried to break from N’s hold.

“Why? Is something wrong?” N tightened his hold on the boy and he was sure that they must have woken everyone up by now based on how much noise they were making.

“Her mom is sick!” Leo practically yelled at N who instantly let go of Leo.

“Is that why Juhee called me? Oh no, that’s so sad.” N said covering his mouth. Their manager then came out and yelled at the boys to get to sleep before he got them in trouble. Leo glared at N as they both slinked away to their bedroom. N tried to ask more questions but Leo just layed in his bed and forced himself to try and get some sleep but it was almost impossible. He had so many emotions running through him all at once that he just layed there and stared at the ceiling until the sun started to rise. He wanted to talk to Suyun again but he knew he had to wait. All of this waiting was going to kill him one day.