Fifty Nine

Blue Blossom

">

It was the day Leo and the rest of VIXX were coming back from Japan and Suyun was anxiously waiting in a café with Juhee and Ara. The girls decided to spend some time together since all of them had been very busy with their own lives. A disk on their table started flashing red and vibrating against the wooden table top.

“I’ll be right back.” Juhee said before taking the disk and heading to the counter.

“Unnie…” Ara suddenly said and Suyun hummed in response. “…what’s it like to be in love?” At the sudden question Suyun chocked on her own spit.

“What kind of question is that?” Suyun asked when she was able to breathe once again.

“I was just wondering..” Ara said learning back in her chair and pouting.

“It’s..uh…it’s like….well…” Suyun started to stutter and mumble her way through the conversation until Juhee came back with the drinks. “Thank God.” Suyun said before grabbing her iced coffee and drinking it.

“What were you talking about?” Juhee asked as she sat down beside Suyun and sipped on her frozen caramel coffee.

“Nothing important.” Ara said twirling her black coffee in her cup. The girls talked for three more hours until Suyun felt her phone vibrating in her pocket.

To: My SuSu
Jaehwan is driving me over soon.

To: Taekwoonie
Hurry up! I miss you

To: My SuSu
I miss you too

“Was that Taekwoon oppa?” Juhee asked with a smirk on her face.

“Yeah, we’re going to meet up soon.” Suyun put her phone away but couldn’t hide the smile on her face. The girls then left with Suyun before they separated. Juhee and Ara went out to a movie while Suyun stood in front of a store while leaning against a light post. The sun was setting and Suyun pulled her hat lower over her face and wrapped her thin jacket around her body. “Where is he?” She muttered to herself before she saw a car pull up in front of her. A tall figure in all black got out of the car and walked towards her.

“HELLO SISTER-IN-LAW!” Ken yelled from the driver’s seat.

“Hello Jaehwan.”

“It’s Jaehwan oppa!”

“You’re literally three weeks older than me.” Suyun called back before Leo reached her side. Ken drove off yelling about how Suyun should always call him oppa. “He’s weird.”

“You don’t know the half of it.” Leo said with a chuckle before he smiled sweetly at Suyun. “Hey.”

“Hi.” Suyun held out her hand and Leo casually grabbed it and intertwined their fingers together as they strolled down the street.

“I saw the article about you.” Leo said as they window shopped around in the area.

“I saw that you responded to it.” Suyun said and Leo gave out a little chuckle.

“Yeah…but I wasn’t talking about that one.” He said before pulling out his phone and finding the recent article written about her. There were pictures taken of her when she had bought the fans smoothies as they waited to see their favourite idol. Almost all of the comments from the article were talking about how much of an angel Suyun was and how she would often quietly take care of people like that.

“Put that away, it’s embarrassing.” Suyun said putting her hand over the screen so she couldn’t read anymore. Leo laughed at how cute she was and agreed to put his phone away. They wandered around a little more before Suyun’s eyes locked onto the makeup store.

“Do you want to go in?” Leo stopped walked and started heading into the store.

“N-No..it’s fine. You’ll be embarrassed right?” Suyun tried to hold him onto the sidewalk.

“Why would I be embarrassed? I wear makeup for a living. We should swap BB cream one day.” Leo said before dragging a laughing Suyun into the store. Suyun bounced over to the lip stick section and looked over the many colours as Leo just hung around her and gave his opinion when she asked. Thirty minutes later they left the store and Suyun had bought herself new lipstick, moisturiser and face masks.

“Do you want some of these masks? They gave me so many free ones.” Suyun said as she looked in the bag at the small pile of face masks.

“Oh, sure.” Leo said before taking her hand again. “Are you hungry? I’m starving.” He said as he scanned the area for some places to eat. “Fried chicken?” Leo asked with a huge smile on her face. Suyun agreed and the two of them headed into the restaurant and the smell of deep fried food filled Suyun’s nostrils making her feel a bit ill. Truthfully she hated fried chicken; she has since she was a little girl. There was something about ripping the meat off the animal’s bones that made Suyun a little uncomfortable. They grabbed a table and Leo put in an order for one serving of chicken and beer.

“We’re drinking?” Suyun asked with a mischievous smile on her face.

“I figured we might as well since we won’t have a lot of time to drink in the next little while.” Leo replied and Suyun just nodded her head in response. While they were talking about their upcoming schedules the food and drinks arrived. Suyun quietly asked the waiter for a fork and a lot more napkins which he brought back to her immediately.

“So I saw that you have a nephew now! That’s super exciting!” Suyun said to as Leo dug into his first piece of chicken. Leo then went on to talk about his new baby nephew who he thought was the cutest child on the whole planet. While he was talking Suyun grabbed a piece of chicken and with the fork she started to take all of the meat off of the bones so she wouldn’t have to bite it. Leo noticed this but decided not to say anything and figured it was just because the chicken was too hot for her to hold in her hands.

“Suyun noona!” A high pitched voice called out and Suyun looked over to see a small boy running over to her with his arms wide open.

“Namjoon~” Suyun stayed seated and waited for the little boy to run to her. She easily lifted him up and placed him on her lap, cuddling the little boy who was giggling in her arms. Leo was completely confused as he watched the scene in front of him.

“Suyun I am so sorry about that. I tried to get him to leave you alone.” A woman came over and bowed to Leo who was still very confused.

“Namjoonie, I want you to meet my friend Taekwoon.” Suyun said and the little boy bowed his head to Leo who instantly broke out into a bright smile. “Oppa, this is Ara’s mother and little brother.” Leo finally understood the situation and said his greetings to Ara’s mother who greeted him back.

“Come on Namjoon, leave Suyun noona to hang out with her friend.” Namjoons mother picked him up in her arms and placed him back on the floor. “Suyun, did you enjoy the kimchi I sent?” Suyun was slowly standing up in her seat so she didn’t seem disrespectful to Ara’s mother who took care of the whole group.

“Yes it was delicious. Thank you so much.” Suyun bowed again and the woman just laughed and lightly patted her shoulder.

“Have you run out? Do you need more? I can have more sent over by tomorrow.” Ara’s mother said seemingly very determined to get the girls whatever they wanted.

“No ma’am, we have tons of your kimchi left over.” Suyun nervously chuckled. Truthfully Suyun was painfully afraid of adults; despite being one herself. There had always been something very intimidating about other people’s parents that always made Suyun act on her best behaviour.

“I heard about your mother from Ara…I am very sorry. She must have been a wonderful woman to have raised such a perfect daughter.” Ara’s mother said before pulling Suyun into a tight hug. Leo loved seeing that Suyun was loved by so many people who knew just how beautiful she was; inside and out. After a little more small talk Ara’s mother finally left with Namjoon trailing behind her. Suyun sat back down and looked at her plate seeing that Leo had shredded tons of meat off of the bone for her.

“You guys have run out of kimchi, haven’t you?” Leo asked, taking a sip from his beer.

“We ran out weeks ago.” Suyun said and the two of them laughed; Suyun because the situation was so ridiculous and Leo because he thought Suyun was so adorable for not wanting to bother Ara’s mother with having to deliver them food. They reunion date continued for a few more hours before Leo was called up by his manager who told him he had to come back soon. Leo said he would get back to the dorm but he had to take Suyun home before he could; it was only proper to make sure she got home safely. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate fried chicken...I really really hate it

it is in my TOP5 most hated foods

1. Eggs

2. Bacon/all pork 

3. Fried Chicken

4. Beef Ribs

5. Yogurt

so gross....yuck...I dont even like thinking about these foods.........this chapter is now forever tainted with the memories of nasty scrambled eggs and bacon...I think it is safe to say that I hate North American style Breakfast