Sixty Four

Blue Blossom

">http://

Suyun woke up in a completely darkened room with a pounding head ache. She tried to move but she felt tugging on both of her arms. Her right arm was in a sling with a splint on her middle finger while a IV was stuck in her other arm pumping her full of fluids. Every noise in the hallway was amplified and she could hear the footsteps coming towards her room. A nurse walked in with a new fluid bag and a clip board.

“Good you’re awake. I was just about to come and do that.” She said in a soft voice which still made Suyun wince in pain. The nurse changed her IV fluid and then ran some tests on Suyun to make sure she wasn’t suffering from any serious symptoms from a concussion.

“What happened?” Suyun sat up in her bed, groaning as the whole right side of her body burned with pain.

“You were in a car accident.” The nurse said while writing something down. Suyun couldn’t remember anything about a car accident but she did remember the blinding head lights but then everything was fuzzy. If she was in a car accident then that meant that so was Hanbi. Suyun looked over at the other bed in the room and saw that it was empty.

“Where is Hanbi? Is she okay? Did she get hurt as well? Oh my god Hanbi.” Suyun started freaking out and the heart monitor started beeping at the sudden rise in her pulse.

“Seo Hanbi is perfectly fine. We sent her home last night.” The nurse reassured Suyun who let out a huge breath of relief. Suyun was fine if she got hurt but the idea of Hanbi getting hurt made her want to cry. “You have some people from your work that came to see you, do you feel up to it?”

“Yes, don’t open the curtains please just turn on the light. Thank you.” The nurse left and J.Y.Park and a few other staff members came to talk to Suyun and see how she was doing. They explained how the promotions would be pushed  back but Suyun refused.

“But Suyun-shi, your head injury-“

“The sub-unit has already been delayed enough because of me. My arm will be better in about a month and same with my finger.” Suyun wiggled her thumb as moving the other ones hurt too much.

“It’s not your arm we are worried about, it’s your head. We don’t want you dancing with a head injury.”

“I can stand and sing.” Suyun was too stubborn and the staff knew this. J.Y. Park said he wanted to talk to Suyun alone with a gruff tone which scared the staff members out of the room. Once they were gone he had a huge goofy smile on his face.

“I will talk to them, I will try to get you and Hanbi back on schedule for the sub-unit.” J.Y.Park put his hands in his pockets and tugged at the ends of his brightly dyed hair.

“Thank you sir and I am very sorry for causing you so many problems lately.” Suyun bowed her head and she felt like all of the liquids in her body rushed to her forehead so she slowly sat back up.

“You didn’t do anything wrong Suyun. Falling in love is not a crime. Your mother dying is not a waste of time. Getting hurt in a car accident wasn’t on purpose. You could not control these things that happened to you and the only reason I’m not mad at you is because I know you are a hard worker. No matter what happens to you, you always come out of the ashes like a beautiful phoenix. Sometimes I regret not making you the leader of Love-E even though Juhee is a wonderful leader.” He gave Suyun a few more comforting words before he said he had to go. “Oh, one more thing.” He walked over and placed Suyun’s phone on her bed. The screen was cracked but she was still able to turn it on. “You can get a new one as soon as you are discharged tomorrow.” This time he really left and Suyun read through her messages seeing over one hundred text messages from her friends and fifty voice mails just waiting for her. Suyun decided to call her father first to tell him everything that happened and that she was fine.

Hey dad.”

Hey Sue, how you feeling baby girl?”

“Fine just a little beat up.”

“I heard about the accident from your company. They were nice enough to inform us of everything and updated us along the way. You got knocked on your noggin?”

“Yeah dad…just a little bump. Nothing serious.”

“Jason wants to talk to you, hold on.”

“SUE! I LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR JUST A LITTLE BIT AND YOU GET INTO A CAR ACCIDENT! YOU BAD GIRL!”

“Sorry Jason.”

“Nah it’s fine. I only died a little on the inside, no big deal.”

“Drama queen.”

“You obviously haven’t seen the accident photos.”

“Nope, just finished talking to the company staff.”

“Are they kicking you out and forcing you to come back to LA where we can wrap you in a protective bubble?”

“No, but I heard whispers of it.”

“Smart .”

“Coming from you that is so hilarious.”

“Have any gnarly scars?”

“No I just have bruises on my arms and I suspect on my leg.”

“Suspect?”

“They are covered with a blanket. I can’t move the blanket to see them when my good arm is hooked up to an IV.”  

“Lame. You could have gotten cool facial scars and joined a biker gang.”

“My life long dream.”

“Singing was just part time.”

“Totally.”

“How is your boyfriend dealing with the news?”

“I woke up, talked to the staff members and then called home. I am going to try and talk to him as soon as I hang up on you.”

“Hang up on me? You wouldn’t do-“

Suyun hung up the phone and chuckled but then winced as her head throbbed with pain. She wanted to call Leo but she decided to take a little break and let herself recharge before talking on the phone again. Suyun never knew that getting hurt could be so exhausting. If anything she was going to get lots of rest before the sub-unit promotions in two months since everyone was now treating her like she was unable to do anything. Feeling a little curious, Suyun looked online as the news articles about the accident since she couldn’t remember what happened. She saw the pictures and couldn’t believe she was able to survive that with such minimal injuries.

“Mom must be my guardian angel or something…” Suyun mumbled as she looked over the articles and read about how fans and non-fans all wished the best for her and that she have a speedy recovery. Suyun wanted to see Hanbi and see if she was really alright or if she was just as busted up as she was. She tried making another call but her phone died and there was no way for her to call a nurse and ask if they have a phone charger or if she could use the hospital phone to call her friends to bring her one. So now she just had to sit in the bed frustrated, which only lasted two minutes before Suyun fell asleep.