Eighteen

Blue Blossom

Just before noon on the same day, VIXX were sitting in their van on their way to an outdoor show that they had. Leo was sitting in the second row with Ken beside him. The younger member never asked him about what was going on between him and Suyun. It was a rule between the guys to not ask directly if the members were dating someone that way if the couple got found out then they wouldn’t be liable. Leo was playing around on his phone when he saw what time it was. He quickly went onto the internet and then to Love-E’s youtube channel. He was constantly refreshing the page, hoping that the girls video would show up soon. After refreshing for what seemed like forever, Leo let out a frustrated sigh and thought about throwing his phone out of the window.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Ravi sat forward in his seat to look over Leo’s shoulder to see what he was doing. It was rare for Ravi to be awake during car rides so Leo was a little startled when he heard his voice. Usually the boy was in the car for thirty seconds before he passed out into a deep slumber.

“Love-E’s new video is coming out soon.” Leo said and N spun around in the front seat.

“I want to see!” N whined as he reached for Leo’s phone only to have the dark haired male to glare at him. “Fine, I’ll watch it on my own phone.” N cowered away in defeat and started going about finding Love-E’s music video.

“Try refreshing again.” Ravi complained as he reached around Leo and refreshed the page for him.

“Wonshik, you talk too much when you’re awake.” Hongbin complained as he pulled his head phones out of his ears and tried to glare at his friend but came off as more cute than intimidating.

“It’s not my fault! Taekwoon hyung wasn’t refreshing the page.”

“Why would he refresh it?”

“Love-E comeback.”

“What about sister-in-law’s comeback?” Ken was paying full attention to them and Leo could see their manager watching them from the rear-view mirror. Ken could see Leo’s nervous glance at him and he silently apologised for calling her that in front of the manager.

“Have you seen the video yet hyung?” Hyuk had somehow woken up from his slumber and was fully engaged in the conversation.

“No I’ve only seen the dance.” Leo once again refreshed the page, all of the boys now letting out an annoyed groan.

“When did you see her dance?” Their manager asked and the boys all became nervous. N started laughing and jokingly asked Leo the same question.

“I didn’t see her dance live or anything, she showed the dance practice to all of the white team members when we went out for dinner once.” Leo gnawed on inside of his mouth hoping that his manager would stop staring at him soon.

“Oh the video is up!” N cheered happily and pressed the play button.

“Put in head phones hyung.” Hongbin said while Leo quickly refreshed his phone.

“Why?”

“Put on your headphones!” Leo whined and N grumbled and moaned as he dug through his bag to pull out his headphones. The video finally showed up for Leo and he quickly clicked on it, all five boys in the back were waiting patiently. Even their manager turned off the radio so they could all hear the song better.

The video started off with the camera panned out far and all five girls were in shadows with a pink back ground while the music from a little girls music box played in the background. When the song started the camera quickly moved forward on the girls who were still in shadows as they slowly started to move like mannequins.

Undo these shackles baby.” Suyun’s clear voice spoke out and the beat dropped. The set changed and the girls were now standing in what looked like a giant doll house, each one in different rooms and everything in the house was made of cardboard. It also showed the man standing over the doll house and pulling all of the strings. It was none other than Junho from 2PM and he had a wicked smile on his face.  Juhee started off the song and she was in the kitchen of the doll house in a 1950’s Western dress with red and white checkers and a frilly apron. Her face was stiff as she sang and strings that were tied around her wrists moved her arms up and down in a strange manner.

Next was Suyun who had a few lines in the first part but the video changed to their dance portion where the girls were dressed in a much more modern fashion. Suyun stepped to the front of the dance formation. All of the boys mouths were dropping open as they looked at how Suyun was dressed. She was wearing skin tight jean shorts that showed off her long legs, a black crop top paired with a retro green jacket that had the design of a tiger on the back, tall high heels and, gold jewellery in her dead straight hair. She looked more like a goddess than a singer.

“Don’t tell me what to feel boy. This fire burns only for you, jerk.” As Suyun sang her line she ran her hands down her chest, down her flat abdomen and to the edge of her shorts. The sensual look she was giving the camera was killing all of the boys as Ravi had to sit back covering his mouth. The scene cut back to the doll house and Gayun was in the living room, also dressed like a 50’s house wife and the stringers were making her vacuum. The video sped up to show Hanbi cleaning up the whole living room while walking around like she had no joints in her body.

“If you don’t back off I’m going to undo my relationship with you, YOU KNOW!” Gayun gave a little line before it broke out into the chorus where the girls were standing in a line, Juhee, Hanbi, Gayun and Ara were standing with their butts sticking out to the camera while Suyun stood in the middle. The four girls swayed their hips in unison while Suyun sang. She took a few steps forwards and the girls spun around so they were in a V formation. They quickly dropped down to the ground with one leg straight out and as they came back up they ran their hands up their thighs, pelvis and hips.

“Don’t come crawling back to me babe, you had one chance and you blew it. Should have treated me like a princess rather than a play thing. That was your mistake now good bye bye boy.” Ara slide in to the centre position and all of the girls had their hands on their hips was they swayed side to side. As she said her English lines the girls put their hands together like they were in hand cuffs and jumped up while they kicked their leg out in a cute little movement.

Hongbin was freaking out in the back seat and he was hitting Hyuk who kept begging his hyung to leave him alone so he could watch the video. N was bouncing in the front seat and Ken had his eyes glued onto the video. Leo was bursting with pride but was also a little embarrassed that his friends were all watching his girlfriend strutting around in a y outfit.

Next was Suyun’s part in the house and she was in the bedroom in a cute little night gown and her hair was put up into rollers. She was pretending to put makeup on with the cardboard cut outs of lipstick and a powder puff. She looked directly into the camera with her crimson lips and smokey eyes and gave a little wink as her head awkwardly tilted to the side. She truly looked like a china doll.

Hanbi was in the bathroom in the card board bath tub with her hair put up in a water cap with rubber ducks on it. She was pretending to play with the fake bubbles in the bath as the strings pulled at her hands to make it look like she was having fun. It quickly cut to Ara who was doing laundry and was pretending to fold cardboard cut outs of pants and shirts and tried to force them into the fake washing machine but nothing was fitting.

Again the chorus came and Suyun stepped forward and dropped to the ground again like she did before, again her hands coming up her body seductively before going to Ara who sang her part with the catchy handcuff dance part. It was time for Gayun’s rap. As she rapped the girls slowly started to break out of their doll rolls and chaos was happening around the house. A fake fire started in the kitchen with Juhee; cardboard cut outs of flames were coming off of the stove and the camera did a close up of Juhee’s shocked face. She panicked and was rushing around the kitchen to try and put it out. In the living room Gayun was running around with the vacuum which seemed to have lost control as she ran around with it going on the walls and onto the ceiling.

With Suyun, because of the awkward strings pulling on her arms, the makeup became real and lip stick and powder was smudged all over her face and her hair fell out of the rollers.

Leo chuckled to himself as the powder exploded in her face and she genuinely looked surprised at what had just happened.

Water started to pour out of the bath tub with Hanbi in it and she was acting like she couldn’t swim. Ara was getting frustrated and was snapping the cardboard clothes in half and forced it into the washing machine that suddenly exploded and real bubbles filled the laundry room. Gayun’s rap ended and the vocals continued as all of the girls were panicking as dolls and were trying to fix the mess that was happening in their section of the house. It was cutting between the doll house and the dance until it reached the end of the song and all that was left was the sound of the music box. Gayun was hanging half on to one of the card board couches while the rest of the room was covered in dust because the vacuum had exploded. Juhee had black soot all over her face and everything in the kitchen was destroyed. Suyun was completely covered in makeup and had fallen backwards out of her chair and was lying on the ground with her arms and legs bent at awkward angles. Hanbi had apparently drowned in the bath tub as her whole body had sunk behind the tub and the only thing showing was her one arm with the string still around her wrist and the string was still trying to pull at her arm. Ara was sitting in the middle of the laundry room with every inch of it covered in bubbles as well as herself. She blew some bubbles from her hand before collapsing backwards and the camera panned out to the house and how all of the rooms were ruined. It showed Junho still pulling at the strings but when the girls stopped responding he cut all of the strings and walked away. The screen went to black and the girls logo popped onto the screen right before the video ended.  

“PLAY IT AGAIN! PLAY IT AGAIN!” Hyuk and Hongbin cheered as they tried to rip the video from Leo’s hands but he quickly protected it and swatted the youngest boys hands away. N was already re-watching it and nodding his head along to the song as he happily mouthed the words to the song that he had already memorized.

“Suyun was so y!” Ken cheered while clapping his hands. Leo punched Ken hard in the shoulder making his friend cry out in pain. Their manager gave Leo a quick glance in the rear-view mirror before looking back at the road.

“Taekwoon.” Their manager suddenly spoke up and all of the boys went quiet. Even N had paused the video and pulled out one of his head phones.

“Yes?” Leo quietly responded, hoping that their manager just wanted him to replay the song for them.

“Are you dating Suyun from Love-E?”

--------------------------

Oh no