Fourteen

Blue Blossom

It was the next day and all of the members of the white team were heading out to have their group dinner. It was eleven at night and the film crew came along just to get some shots of the idols showing that were actually friends. They went to a barbeque restaurant and the staff gave them two booths in the back corner since some fans were already trying to get in and take pictures of them. Suyun sat down at the end of the booth and Bomi, Leo and Kangnam all looked at each other with a competitive glint in their eyes. Bomi, being a good friend, reached out and grabbed Kangnam’s arm to hold him back so Leo was able to take the spot beside Suyun. Although Bomi wanted to sit beside Suyun, she knew that Leo and Suyun liked each other just by the way they smiled at each other.

“So who is coming to practice tomorrow? We have two days left before the performance.” Zico asked as Zelo was pouring drinks for everyone.

“I can’t. Love-E has a showcase tomorrow.” Suyun picked at the kimchi and other side dishes that were laid out on the table. Everyone else said that they could go and Suyun felt bad for always being late or not showing up at all. It was such a hassle that everything was happening around the same time.

“Do you have the song on your phone?” Bomi asked leaning across Leo to talk to Suyun. Everyone became excited and asked if Suyun had it. She pulled out her phone while looking at the cameramen, silently telling them that they can’t film it. He put the camera down and went to sit with the rest of the crew who were eating in the booth next to them. Suyun looking through her phone and found the dance practice video of their newest song ‘Undo’. Leo took it in his hands and angled it so everyone could see, or at least hear it. Suyun had been listening to the song for months so she didn’t really care and focused on watching their reactions. When the song started Bomi started excitedly hitting Kangnam who was sitting beside her (Think of the song as a mix between ‘Up and Down’ by EXID and ‘Like a cat’ by AOA). There were certain parts of the songs when Leo would subconsciously avert his eyes because Suyun would be doing a dance move that was a little risqué.

It was a little funny to see their reactions and what they were focusing on. Zico was bobbing his head along with the beat and along with CAP the two of them would comment on the lyrics. Zelo and Kangnam were watching them dance and getting flustered whenever the girls would shake their or run their hands over their chest. Bomi was making comments on the girls since she knew all of them personally and she would hit Leo’s shoulder and was chatting through the whole thing. Whenever Suyun stepped forward for the chorus Bomi would jab Leo in the ribs making his a little jittery. He didn’t know if Suyun had told Bomi about what happened between him and her, but it wouldn’t surprise them. They were best friends after all.

The song ended and Leo handed the phone back to Suyun. Everyone was talking excitedly and telling her that they were going to do very well with the song and maybe even win on a music show. She nodded her head and gave a faint smile. For the last year, whenever Love-E made a comeback they would win at least one away on one of the three major broadcasting shows. She knew it was just because their fans voted a lot, and she was truly thankful for that, but she wanted this song to go high on the charts and for other groups to impersonate their dance on variety shows. It was a stupid wish, but that was what she wanted. She wanted to see boys dancing to their song badly while their fangirls judged them.

“You’re going to do so well!” Bomi reached behind Leo and smacked Suyun’s shoulder making the frail girl wince in pain. Leo slightly leaned back in his seat so Bomi couldn’t hit her anymore.

“Thanks.” Suyun awkwardly thanked them all before she excused herself to the bathroom. On her way there she stopped by the cash register and pulled out her credit card. “I want to pay for both tables back there. No matter what they order, it’s on me.” Suyun was looking over her shoulder, making sure that no one was watching her do this. The woman happily agreed and took her credit card, paying for the food they had already ordered and held the card for any future purchases they might make.

“You’re such a beautiful young woman~ Are you a celebrity?” The woman asked punching stuff into the computer.

“I’m a singer in the group Love-E.” Suyun felt weird in situations like this because the woman clearly didn’t know the group but she went on and on about how she loved that group and her daughter loved them as well. Suyun just thanked her and went to the washroom. While she was washing her hands, her phone was vibrating in her pocket and Suyun answered it while drying her hands with a paper towel.

“Hello?”

“Suyun, where are you?”  Hanbi asked sounding a little out of breath.

“Out to dinner with Leo, Bomi and the whole team.” Suyun said and she cautiously walked out of the bathroom to avoid the large windows that looked out onto the street.

“You need to get back to the practice room. Now.” Hanbi wasn’t the type to talk strictly to her elders so when Suyun heard her tone of voice, she knew that she needed to get back there. It was understandable that JYP was going to work them to the bone right before the showcase and just because Suyun was on a show didn’t mean she could slack off.

“I’ll be there as soon as I can. Just let me say goodbye and I will be on my way. Tell Juhee to freak out.” Suyun didn’t hear her leader but she knew that she was most likely pacing around the practice room yelling at herself about how she should have made them work harder.

“I’m not going near her.” Hanbi said before they hung up. Suyun scurried quickly to the staffs table and told them that she had to go since her show case was the next day. They understood and called her manager to tell them where they were so he could pick her up. Suyun then went to her table and everyone gave her a weird look when she wasn’t just going to sit down at her seat.

“I have to go now. I’m so sorry that I have to leave in the middle of dinner.” Suyun bowed deeply but everyone told her not to worry about it. They understood the pressure she was going through and how much work she had to put in before they actually perform live.

“I’ll walk you outside.” Leo said casually and stood up from his seat. No one, except Bomi, took note of it. They figured that since Suyun and Leo were close friends and that he was a boy and she was a girl, he was just being nice and didn’t want her to possibly get swarmed by waiting paparazzi. Suyun bowed again to her friends and to the staff members before Leo led her out of the restaurant.

“Taekwoon oppa, I feel so bad for just walking out on them.” Suyun sighed heavily when they were standing outside on the almost empty sidewalk. It was getting pretty late and Suyun was sure that while other people were sleeping she was going to be up all night dancing.

“Don’t worry about it. We know you have a lot of work to do.” Leo stuffed his hands into his coat pockets. “Besides, if Bomi kept jabbing me, she might have broken a rib.”

“Yeah, why was she doing that?” Suyun asked and Leo let out a little chuckle.

“You mean you didn’t tell her about us kissing?” Leo quietly asked while nudging her with his elbow.

“N-No! Why would I do that?” Suyun was clearly embarrassed talking about it so Leo figured she was telling the truth. “I would only tell her if I was dating someone.” Suyun commented and fidgeted with her phone. She noticed the company van coming down the road and she looked over to Leo whose face was frozen into an unimpressed scowl. “Are you okay?” Suyun asked before the van pulled up.

“Yeah…I’m fine…just a little upset…” Leo kicked at a pebble on the road and Suyun looked at him with her head cocked to the side. “You seem to think that I would just kiss anyone.” Leo let out a large sigh, and looked towards the van that was pulling to a stop in front of them.

“B-But I thought-“ Suyun stuttered as she reached out to the van door.

“I don’t know what you thought. But I like you.” Leo quickly said before turning on his heels and heading back into the restaurant. Suyun stood frozen for a few seconds before her manager yelled at her to get inside. She forced herself to move into the van and slammed the door closed behind her and her manager quickly sped off towards the practice studio.

Leo walked back into the restaurant and sat down at the table with a noticeably different attitude. He reached for the meat and pilled it high onto his plate before stuffing his mouth full of it. Zico made a mental note to talk to him later but for now he put on a smile in front of the camera and they talked about their plans for the next show and if they won. They had no idea what they would do if they made it into the finales. They all had hoped to make it there, but none of them thought they were going to make it past the first round since they were a weird combination of people. But, people seemed to like them and somehow they all worked together fairly well. It was a miracle.

---------------------------------------

">http://

">http://