Seventy Seven

Blue Blossom

">

“Dinner was great.” Suyun happily rubbed her stomach as the two of them ate dinner at their hotel. Leo nodded his head and finished the last little bit of food. They had spent the rest of the day sightseeing and planning what they would do for the rest of their days on the island.

“Maybe we could get some fireworks and shoot them on the beach.” Leo said as he leaned back in his seat, blissfully happy at the moment.

“We can buy fireworks?” Suyun perked up and Leo nodded his head. “I’ve never bought fireworks before…”

“Really? You didn’t do it in high school?” Leo crossed his legs and comfortably rested his hands on his knee.

“No. I went to school in LA and they don’t let young people buy fireworks let alone actually fire them.” Suyun sighed as she thought back to all the festivals in LA and how she would stand in awe at all of the sounds and colours that would flash around her as people happily cheered and marched down the streets. LA was such a multicultural city that all year round there would be festivals of all kinds and Suyun would try to go to all of them just because she enjoyed the energy and beauty behind them.

“I thought you went to school here.” Leo’s brows furrowed as he looked over Suyun.

“I only went to school here for two years and during that time I was a trainee so it wasn’t like I had a lot of free time to go on school trips and stuff like that.” Suyun sighed as she thought back to how her life drastically changed when she came to South Korea. With her very limited Korean she struggled in school and would stay up all night with some of the other trainees and they would help her do her homework and study. It wasn’t uncommon for Suyun to go days without sleeping or eating because when she wasn’t doing school work she was practicing to debut.

“Let’s go.” Leo clapped his hands together and stood up. Suyun smiled brightly and the two of them walked out of the hotel and jumped into the rental car. The two of them headed to a small grocery store by the beach as the sun was setting. “Pick.” Leo waved his hands in front of the plenty of fireworks that were being sold and Suyun’s eyes grew wide like an arsonist with a box of matches. Suyun picked out the fireworks she wanted and then they bought some snacks and were on their way to the beach. There weren’t a lot of people out anymore since the sun so almost completely gone.

“The beach at night~” Suyun ran to the edge of the sand, took off her shoes and ran. Leo just carried the bag and walked after her. She ran until she reached the edge of the water and ran with the water as the waves rolled back and forth.

“Having fun?” Leo asked and Suyun giggled like a child. He waved her over once he had finished setting up the fireworks and pulled out the lighter he bought as well.

“Can I do it?” Suyun asked and Leo handed over the lighter to her. Although she struggled with it for a few seconds, Suyun lit one of them on fire and with a slight delay, the fireworks finally shot off into the night sky. The high pitched screech that came from it startled Suyun and she latched onto Leo’s arm as a huge smile came onto his face. They both laughed happily as the lit the rest of the bunch and almost it a nearby couple who they quickly apologised to.

“Here.” Leo handed her little, handheld fireworks and Suyun absolutely refused to use it. “You lite it, hold it for two seconds and then throw it.”

“No way! I’ll blow my hand up!” Suyun gave it back to Leo who rolled his eyes and lit it himself. He held it for two seconds before throwing it high in the air and it exploded with a satisfying ‘pop!’. Leo had to do it two more times before Suyun agreed to try it. She lit it and waited the two seconds before screaming and throwing it in the air. She ran to Leo when it exploded and wrapped her arms around him. Leo laughed at her actions and hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.

“Let’s clean up.” Leo said as they cleaned up all their garbage and headed back to off the beach. As they were walking up, they held hands and swung them cheerfully. “So I’ve been thinking about what I can make you do.” He said, referencing back to the thumb war bet they made where Suyun would have to do whatever Leo wanted and she couldn’t refuse. Suyun groaned as she thought that maybe Leo would make her do something that would embarrass herself.

“I’m not going to murder anyone for you.” Suyun said and Leo snapped his fingers as if she had figured out his plan. “Okay, but seriously. What do you want me to do?”

“Marry me.” Leo suddenly said and Suyun froze. He looked over and saw the utter look of shock that was on Suyun’s face which made him laugh. “I don’t mean right now.” When he said that the mood lightened and Suyun felt a little more comfortable and slowly started to move. “Obviously we have to wait until after I go away to the army…plus we both need to think about our careers and we know that once idols are married they are generally fazed out of the community.” Leo started dragging Suyun along and threw the garbage out in a nearby garbage can. “So, in about three or four years, will you promise to marry me?” Leo held out his pinky finger and Suyun couldn’t take her eyes off of him. A smile pulled at the corner of her lips.

“Are you proposing to me?” Suyun asked as she slowly rose up her arm.

“Actually this is more like a promise to get engaged one day. When I actually propose to you, I will have a ring and everything ready.” Leo smiled as Suyun wrapped her pinky around his in a promise. A promise of a promise.

“You’re such an idiot. You wasted your wish.” Suyun scoffed as the two of them headed back to the car.

“What do you mean?” Leo unlocked the doors and they climbed inside.

“I would have agreed to it if you just asked me.” Suyun folded her arms across her chest and turned towards the window so Leo couldn’t see her bright red face. Leo shrugged and started up the car. They sat in comfortable silence on the drive back to the hotel and they made it back to their hotel room where they separately got washed and dressed into their pyjamas. Suyun had washed up first so she was in the main part of the room while Leo washed up in the bathroom. She was standing by the window, mindlessly drying her hair with the towel as she looked out at the sleeping world around her. Suyun still hadn’t really wrapped her mind over the fact that Leo basically proposed that day and it all seemed like a dream. She only snapped out of her day dream when she felt a pair of arms snake around her thin waist. “You scared me.” Suyun laughed as she felt Leo press himself against her. He hummed in response and placed a soft little kiss on the crook of her neck.

“I love you.” Leo softly said as he kissed up her neck and onto her jaw. He turned her head and kissed her lips.

“I love you too.” Suyun said back in a whisper and Leo kissed her again. Their day had been so busy and whimsical that it felt almost unreal. They had no idea how they were going to top it with the next four days together. And now that they were engaged to be engaged, they could possibly be in this bliss for the rest of their lives. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kay this is seriously my last update before i go on vacation

byebyeeeeeeee