Twenty Three

Blue Blossom

Practicing the duet went smoothly for Suyun and Leo. They didn’t say much during their time together but they communicated through heated glances and their hands occasionally grazing as they walked around each other and around the room. They had been practicing for an hour and the staff wanted to get a full shot of their just singing before Suyun had to leave, reminding her that she had a commercial shoot soon. They both agreed and the staff started the song while Leo and Suyun stood in front of the wall of mirrors, holding fake microphones in their hands. It was agreed upon that they would bring in a choreographer to help them work out their stage so they wouldn’t just be standing in place, but for the show they could just stand. Suyun complained that it was getting too hot in the room and she threw her sweater into the corner, regretting getting it in the first place. The music started and the two of them started humming along to the tune which was a helpful way for them to match pitch.

When the chorus came up their voices blended together beautifully. Suyun had one single line in the chorus and in it she sang, “Now I will promise only to you,” and held out her pinky finger. Leo reached out with hand with no hesitation and wrapped his longer pinky fingers around her, the two of them holding onto each other without it being completely obvious to everyone watching them. When the chorus came around the next time, Leo tightened his grasp around her finger as if to remind her that he was still there. The song ended and Suyun and Leo were just smiling at each other, forgetting that there were six other people standing in the room, filming them and obviously focusing on how they glowed around each other. Suyun then felt pulled her hand away from Leo as she remembered about her kiss with Kangnam.

“I have to go.” Suyun whispered to Leo and he just nodded his head. She said her good byes to everyone, bowing her head as she walked backwards to the door. In a flash Suyun was gone and Leo was left alone in a room filled with cameras. His personal nightmare. His salvation came in the form of a sweater. Specifically, Suyun’s sweater that she had forgotten in the corner of the room.

“I have to return this, I’ll be right back.” Leo grabbed his saviour and ran out of the room to try and catch up with Suyun, only to bump into her in the hallway.

“You have my sweater? Good now I don’t have to go all the way back there.” Suyun reached out to grab it and it began to slip out of Leo’s hand. Before the last of it could be taken from him, Leo tightened his grasp on the sweater and Suyun froze a little when he didn’t let go.

“Can we talk?” Leo asked in a whisper and Suyun awkwardly looked around and a smile pulled at the corner of .

“You can call me later if you want. I’m filming something so I will be busy for a few hours.” Suyun tried to pull the sweater from him again but he refused to let go.

“Now. We need to talk now.” Leo looked around and saw an empty recording booth and he pulled the both of them into it and when they were in the room he finally let go of the sweater. He didn’t bother turning on the light as the light from the hallway was bright enough so that they could see each other but people passing by wouldn’t be able to see them.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?” Suyun nervously backed into the arm of a couch and watched as Leo walked further into the darkness just to make sure that no one could see him.

“I punched Kangnam.” Leo blurted out and Suyun just stood there staring at him.

“But….why?” Suyun held her sweater to her chest. Being in the room sent shivers down her spine and goose bumps trailed down her arms; being around this man was dangerous because Suyun always found it harder and harder to leave in the end.

“Because he kissed you, that’s why.” Leo played with his bangs that were hanging slightly in front of his eyes. Suyun was going to ask how he knew, but she figured that the only other person who knew was Bomi and she must have told him. When Suyun didn’t say anything in return Leo walked up to her, taking her hand in his. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He whispered as he closed in on her.

“I was scared that you would hate me.” Suyun confessed, feeling stupid and embarrassed as Leo chuckled and lowered his head so Suyun couldn’t see his face. “Do you hate me?” She gnawed on her bottom lip and Leo raised his head and took a deep breath.

“Did you kiss him back?”

“No!” Suyun answered back, feeling a little hurt that he questioned her about that.

“Then why would I hate you?” Leo kissed her forehead and Suyun felt her cheeks burning bright red. Leo thought she was adorable and wanted to continue to protect her child like innocence. “What did you do when he kissed you?”

“I hit him.” Suyun felt terrible for hitting Kangnam, but her body naturally reacted on its own during the moment. She thought that maybe she should apologise but she didn’t want to talk to him at the moment. Leo let out a loud chortle and he had to stop himself from laughing anymore.

“That’s my girl.” Leo whispered before leaning down, his lips brushing against Suyuns. She felt ashamed still and slightly moved away from him which angered Leo. He lightly placed his hand on her back of her neck to stop her from moving and he kissed her. Suyun’s hands reached up and she grabbed onto Leo’s shirt, never wanting him to leave her. Their lips parted and Leo smirked at how Suyun once moved away but was now leaning in for more. “That’s for cleansing…”Leo swooped in for another kiss with Suyun accepted gratefully. “…that’s for being adorable.” His hand moved from the back of her neck and he ran his thumb over her soft cheek.

“I should leave.” Suyun said, her doe like eyes staring directly into Leo’s.

“Yeah…you should.” He agreed but neither of them moved an inch. They moved in for another kiss only to stop when they heard Leo’s name being called from the hallway. With a painful separation Suyun headed over to the door and turned the handle, looking back one last time at Leo who was sitting on the arm of the couch. He gave her a small wave good-bye and Suyun returned the gesture before leaving the room and walking out of the studio. Leo left soon after, knowing that they must be looking to get more shots of them practicing.

Three hours later Bomi and Taekwoon were sitting together while CAP and Zico argued over how they were going to break up the lyrics to ‘Rocking’ so that everyone except Leo and Suyun could have equal roles.

“So why did you go running after Kangnam?” Bomi suddenly asked and Leo looked at her from the corner of his eye.

“I punched him.” Leo boldly confessed and Bomi laughed while holding her stomach and slapping Leo’s leg. “I couldn’t let him run around and kiss my girlfriend again.”

“You’re dating?” Bomi whispered, making it obvious that the two of them were talking about something they really shouldn’t be. Leo nodded his head but kept his eyes forward on Zelo who was waiting patiently in the audio booth to get instructions on what to do next. His eyes then fell on Kangnam who was furiously typing something into his phone and after a brief pause he would sigh and type something again. “How long?” Bomi started to calm down and pulled out her phone to text her best friend and scold her for not telling her.

“Not long.” Leo shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to talk much more about it since it only seemed to make Bomi angrier.

“Oh!” Bomi happily exclaimed as she opened a text from Hanbi that had a picture attachment. “Looks like Suyun is filming now.” She showed him the picture and Leo choked on his own saliva. Suyun was standing against a black background with her hair tied into a high pony tail with what looked like water spritzed on her face to make it look like she was sweating. She was wearing a pink sports bra and matching yoga pants, which revealed her well-toned abdomen and tiny waist. Her arms were raised in the air and it looked like she was about to start stretching.

“What the-“ Leo muttered, taking Bomi’s phone from out of her hand and staring intensely at the photo, studying every inch of it.

“What’s wrong? Didn’t you know she was filming a commercial for a fitness clothing brand?” Bomi snatched back the phone and pocketed it away so he wouldn’t try to take it again.

“Yeah…but I didn’t think it would be like that.” Leo crossed his legs and calmly placed his hands over his knee, trying to make sure that no one would know that he basically just saw his girlfriend half .

“Well at least she looks go. I think the commercial will be a success. I’m sure their male fans will love it.” Bomi said, catching the angry glare that Leo threw her way. She just chuckled at her own teasing and focused on the fight going on in front of her; after a while Bomi had to step in and become the moderator as the two boys argued their own points on the line distribution. Leo could feel his phone burning in his pocket. He wanted to text Suyun and find out what was going on at the commercial shoot. Maybe he would even face time her…not that he wanted to see her in a sports bra. No. Nonsense. He just wanted to talk to his girlfriend and see how she was doing since she was so busy. Leo waited for the chance and slipped out of the room, hoping that Suyun would answer and not be too busy.