Twenty Two

Blue Blossom

Suyun didn’t sleep at all that night and was forced to reflect on what had happened between her and Kangnam for six long hours. She couldn’t remember ever leading him on or flirting with him in a way that would make him think that she was interested in him. When she wasn’t thinking about Kangnam, she was thinking about Leo and how he is going to hate her when he finds out.

Morning came too soon and Suyun was forced out of bed by their manager and was dragged out to practice with the white team. CAP and Bomi were the only ones there so when Suyun showed up everyone happily sighed knowing that the two wouldn’t be fighting constantly anymore.

“SUSU!” Bomi happily cheered as she skipped over to her friend. Suyun shook her head when Bomi hugged her and whispered that she needed to talk to her. The girls said they were going to warm up and they went to the side of the large practice room and started stretching their arms. “What’s up?” Bomi became serious as she noticed the state that Suyun was in.

“Kangnam…he..uh…kissed me…” Suyun muttered and Bomi’s eyes almost popped out of her head.

“He what?!” Bomi whispered but in the most lax form of the word. A few of the staff members that were close by casually looked their way and Bomi just smiled at them before looking back at Suyun. “When did this happen? Are you and Kangnam a thing? I thought you and Taekwoon were going to hook up, no offense.”

“Last night I was helping him learn the dance moves for 'Rocking' when he just suddenly…kissed…me…” The end of the sentence was barely audible and a weird smile started to come on Bomi’s face. Suyun couldn’t tell if she was happy or confused.

“So…that’s a good thing?” Bomi questioned but Suyun didn’t have time to answer. Zico and Zelo had showed up and said that Leo and Kangnam were close behind. The two girls separated but not before Bomi made her promise to tell her everything that happened later. Leo started walking over to Suyun and she panicked.

“Let’s start!” Suyun yelled out before turning away from Leo and heading to the music system. Leo was a little confused but just stood in place and watched her walk away.

“Can we talk?” Kangnam snuck on Suyun and placed a hand on her shoulder. Her whole body tensed up and she smacked his hand away.

“No.” Suyun glared at him and Kangnam was going to say something again when he felt a pair of eyes staring at him. He looked over his shoulder and saw Leo staring at him intensely. Kangnam backed down and walked away from Suyun who focused on putting the music. For the next few hours the group just focused on dancing and were taking a few breaks to help Kangnam who was still struggling to get all of the steps. During what was supposed to be a short break, the staff members said that Leo and Suyun should practice their duet now and that they could do that in the dance studio right beside them.

“Okay.” Leo said and he looked to Suyun who looked totally uncomfortable.

“I have to get something from my manager, I’ll be right back.” Suyun dashed out of the practice room and headed straight to the parking lot where her company van was waiting. Her manager was asleep in the back seat and he was startled awake when Suyun frantically pulled on the side door to open. He crawled over the seat and manually unlocked the door and Suyun flew inside and dove straight for her bag. He didn’t even question her as she pulled out her sweater and then ran out of the van again. The manager mumbled something about her being weird and then locked the door before falling asleep I the back seat again.

While Suyun was gone, Bomi called Leo over by asking for help with something on her phone. He didn’t know why she didn’t ask a staff member or, anyone else for that matter, but he went over to see if he could help. As soon as he stepped close to her, Bomi punched Leo hard in the shoulder.

“OW, THAT HURT! What was that for!?” Leo loudly exclaimed and Bomi shushed him and threatened to quiet him with another punch.

“I thought you were going to make a move on Suyun!” Bomi angrily whispered, her fingers twitching to hit Leo again for being a stupid boy.

“Make a move? What do you mean?” Leo was rubbing his arm, surprised that such a small person could punch so hard. He was even worried that he would get a bruise which would upset his managers.

“I thought you and Suyun liked each other but I guess you’re just too stupid to just admit that you like her.” Bomi punched Leo again, almost directly in the same spot making Leo wince in pain and bite his tongue so he doesn’t yell or curse at her.

“I said that HURTS!” Leo glared at her with his cold eyes but Bomi didn’t even flinch.

“So did my heart when I find out that Suyun was kissed by someone other than the person I ship her with!” Bomi whined and stomped her feet on the ground as if she were the victim. Leo froze when he heard Bomi mention a kiss.

“Kiss? Who kissed Suyun?” Leo’s words were clear and demanding. Bomi huffed and puffed, claiming that it wouldn’t be the best-friend sort of thing to do to tell everyone about Suyun’s kiss. “Tell me Bomi or I’m going to tell everyone you have a crush on CAP.”

“I DO NOT!” Bomi yelled and everyone was staring at them. She meekly apologised and then went back to the glaring showdown between her and Leo. Figuring that Leo really would spread that lie, Bomi caved and told him. “Suyun said that last night she was giving Kangnam a private dance lesson and then he just kissed her. Weird right? I never saw them as a couple…but then again I am an avid TaekSu shipper.” Bomi happily admitted but Leo was unmoving. His head spun around and noticed that Kangnam was nowhere in sight and then the sudden image of Kangnam and Suyun together crossed his mind. Without another word Leo stormed out of the room and headed down the hallway off towards the parking lot that he knew Suyun had been heading to. He walked past the bathroom when he heard the door open behind him. Leo looked behind and he saw Kangnam casually walk out of the bathroom like he didn’t have a care in the world.

Leo was boiling over with anger at this point that he couldn’t stop his feet from carrying him over to Kangnam. Without even a slight warning, once Leo was close to Kangnam he put all of his anger and force behind his fist as he punched Kangnam right in the stomach. The air left Kangnam’s lungs as he wheezed in pain and hunched over. Leo caught him and held him up high enough that he could whisper in his ear.

“Don’t touch my girlfriend ever again, got it?” Leo growled to Kangnam before letting him go and the blond boy dropped to the floor, still catching his breath. Not another word was spoken as Leo walked away and headed to the parking lot. He saw that Suyun’s van was still there but she was nowhere in sight so he headed back inside and walked right past Kangnam who was sitting against the wall with his arm wrapped around his midriff. With a little glare, Leo continued on and went to the practice room that they were supposed to practice their duet in, and sitting in the middle of the room was Suyun who was warming up her vocals while reading over the lyrics that the staff members had printed off for them. He let out a sigh as he walked over to her and sat down with their backs pressed against each other. The staff members were quick to film the two of them. Suyun paused for a second in her vocal warm up when she felt Leo lean against her but then she continued, loving the feeling of him next to her. She figured that she would have to tell him eventually but she didn’t know how without hurting him.  Leo didn’t say anything and just started warming up as well so they could start their practice. None of the staff wanted to jump in and say anything because they could use this footage to push the LeoXSuyun couple that they were working on for the upcoming duet.

-----------------------------------------------