Thirty Six

Blue Blossom

*I am an updating machine today o.o*

*This is like...my 3rd update today*

 

Suyun landed in LA and was greet by some of her American fans. They recognised her right away and tried to get a picture of her. She quickly headed outside and jumped into the closest taxi, allowing the taxi driver to put her bag into the trunk. It was a little weird to see English writing everywhere and Suyun had to wrap her head around everything. She gave the driver her address and he sped off as fans banged on her window.

You must be famous.” The driver said and Suyun just laughed him off saying that she was a nobody. She saw a cellphone billboard while reminded her to call Leo. Due to the time difference and the likelihood that he was busy, Suyun had to leave a message.

“Hey Taekwoon, just wanted to tell you that I landed in LA and the plane didn’t explode…miraculously…anyways I will try calling you again later. Bye.” Suyun hung up and automatically called her parents’ house.

Hey loser.” Daniel answered.

How did you know it was me?

Mom and dad got caller ID. Are you landing in LA soon?”

“Already landed and on my way to the house.”

“Why didn’t you call Jason or I? We would have picked you up.”

“I kind of don’t want you guys to get photographed and yelled at by some fans that were waiting for me.”

“Whatever, how much longer until you get here?”

“Ummm…about thirty minutes. Can I go see mom?”

“She had her first round of chemo today so she is too exhausted to see anyone. Sorry.”

“No…it’s okay….I understand…at least I get to see you, dad and butthead.”

“Zhu Li is here too.”

“Oh good, I like her better than Jason.”

“He’s your little brother!”

“That doesn’t mean I have to like him!” The siblings continued to talk until Suyun was only a few blocks away from the house. The taxi pulled to a stop in front of her family’s small bungalow. She paid the man and stepped outside only to be greeted by her brothers and Jason’s girlfriend. Zhu Li came running over first and embraced Suyun tightly. Zhu Li was a very petite girl; so petite she was often mistaken for a middle school child instead of a university student.

Sue! I missed you so much!” Zhu Li whined as she let go of Suyun to let her breathe. The older girl just laughed and ruffled her hair. The taxi driver took her bags out and drove off. Jason ran over with a stupid grin on his face. Her six foot tall brother easily scooped Suyun into his muscular arms and squeezed her so tightly she thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head.

What took you so long~” Jason cutely whined. Daniel came over and smacked his little brother to put his sister down.

When did you dye your hair?!” Suyun yelled as she reached up and her fingers lightly brushed at Jason’s blond hair.

A while ago. You would know that if you had instagram.” Jason puffed out his cheeks in anger and Suyun just rolled her eyes saying that every person she worked with that had instagram just called it a pain. Suyun then turned to Daniel who was standing by silently. She opened her arms and her ‘too-cool-for-school’ older brother gave her a quick hug before putting his hands in his pockets. The four of them went into the house and Daniel just took her luggage and brought it straight to her old bedroom which had been converted into a guest room. Suyun walked onto the back porch where her father was sitting in his favourite chair with a beer sitting comfortably on the small table sitting beside him.  

Hey dad.” Suyun said and her dad jolted like he had seen a ghost. He jumped out of his seat and quickly embraced Suyun and forced her to pull a chair over beside him and the two sat there and talked for two hours. She had to explain multiple times how it took fourteen hours to fly from Seoul to LA but how the times didn’t add up because of the time difference. It reminded her of the time she had to explain to her father how snapchat worked. It was an infuriating, yet hilarious, conversation that Suyun wished she had recorded. Her phone started vibrating and she saw Leo’s name pop up onto the screen.

Do you want anything to eat?” Suyun shrugged her shoulders at her dads questions. “Jason, order some food for your sister!”

What about the rest of us! Maybe we would like some food too!” Jason peaked his head outside.

Fine, ask if Zhu Li wants anything.” Their father took a swig of his beer. Jason groaned and left, complaining how his father only cared about women and that he should have been born a girl if he wanted any attention.

I have to answer this call.” Suyun said and her father just waved her off, asking her to get him another drink while she was up. She answered Leo’s call as she walked into the house.

“So you didn’t die in a horrible plane accident?” Leo’s soft voice said into the phone.

“It appears so.” Suyun laughed and opened the fridge to see the beer and while grabbing one for her father she grabbed one for herself.

“Are you exhausted? I’m always super jetlagged when we fly to America.” Leo groaned as he remembered all of the times they flew to North America and how the time difference kicked his every time.

“I’m tired but it’s not too bad. I slept a lot on the plane.” Suyun opened the drinks and threw the caps into a box that was sitting in their little recycling pile.

Sue! What do you want on your pizza!” Jason came into the kitchen screaming.

Jesus Christ, Jason! I am right here!” Suyun moved the phone away from while she yelled at her brother, not wanting Leo to go deaf.

Sorry, I thought you were still outside. So, toppings?” Jason held out a pad of paper where the others had written what they wanted. Daniel always got meat lovers while Zhu Li and Jason were getting just plain pepperoni.

“Who are you talking to?” Leo could hear a man’s voice and he sounded too young to be her father.

“My little brother Jason.” Suyun grabbed the pad of paper and wrote down that her and their dad would share a chicken and feta pizza. It was their favourite and was something that they usually split.

“Oh yeah, you have brothers. Two, right?” Leo asked as he sat in the van while their manager filled the van up with gas. The other guys were trying to be as quiet as possible but Ken looked like he was about to explode.

“Yeah. Daniel is older than me and Jason is the youngest. I think Daniel is about a year older than you.” Suyun shooed Jason away but he just stood by her with a stupid grin on his face.

Who are you talking to?”

“A friend.”

“A boy…….friend?”

“Oh my god, Jason. Just go away.”

“Why should I, this is my house. Technically you’re the guest.”

“You’re literally the most annoying person in the world.”

“HELLO BOY THAT SUYUN IS TALKING TO!” Jason loudly screamed before Suyun glared at him.

SUYUN IS TALKING TO A BOY!?” They heard Daniel yell from the other room. Suyun groaned as now both of her brothers stood there with evil grins on her face.

“I have to go now. I have to kill my brothers.” Suyun said glaring at the two of them even though they didn’t know what she was saying.

“Don’t get arrested before you come back to Seoul. I want to see you one more time before they put you in jail for the rest of your life.”

“Oh don’t worry. They won’t find the bodies.”

“Well that’s good to know in case I need to hide a body…” Leo said this while directly looking at Ken who was making stupid faces at him. Ken instantly stopped what he was doing and looked to N who just shrugged his shoulders. He wasn’t about to step into the middle of a fight.

“Okay I seriously need to go now. They look like they’re going to attack me. I love you.” Suyun decided she was going to be the one who said it first this time.

“Me too; Bye.” Leo was thankful that she said it but he was too embarrassed to say it in front of his friends who were already teasing him for having a girlfriend. Suyun hung up and Jason started laughing.

She was talking to her boyfriend!” Jason happily cheered while jumping up and down like an idiot.

WAS NOT!”

“YOU SAID THAT YOU LOVED HIM!”

“I…I…HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!”

“ZHU LI AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING KOREAN DRAMAS! DADDDDDDDDDD SUE IS DATING A KOREAN GUYYYYYYYY.” Jason ran out onto the deck with Suyun right behind him. Daniel stood at the door and watched his siblings wrestle on the grass. Their father sighed and got out of the chair and headed to the door.

She never got my beer.” He said as he walked past Daniel and into the house. His eldest child just laughed as he watched his siblings play. Normally Suyun was too quiet and reserved to play with Jason like this, but she must have really missed him. Daniel would never admit it, but he missed his sister a lot too. 

----------------------------------------

Daniel Kim

 

Jason Kim

 

Zhu Li