Sixty Eight

Blue Blossom

It was a week before Suyun and Hanbi’s sub-unit debut and the fans were getting excited. The girls had gone onto social media and said if they won first place on any music show then Suyun would open an instagram account and if they placed in the top 5 on the South Korean billboard then Suyun would make a minute long video of her just doing aegyo. Hanbi made promises like to release a cover of her favourite song ‘Landslide’ by Stevie Nicks. Although Suyun wanted the album to be successful, she had no idea how to work instagram or how to act cute. All of those things were completely foreign to her and truthfully made her a little anxious. Slowly Ara had been teaching her about it and even had taken some pictures with her but Suyun still couldn’t quite understand the need to share pictures with everyone.

At three in the morning Suyun was violently ripped out of her peaceful slumber as Gayun shook her awake.

“Phone.” Gayun said in a gravelly voice as she shoved Suyun’s phone into her face. Suyun grabbed it and answered the phone as she saw it was her dad calling her.

Hello?” Suyun didn’t even bother to get out of bed while talking on the phone. Juhee was dead asleep and Gayun quickly fell back asleep, snoring softly.

Hey baby girl, you asleep?

Just a little bit. What’s up daddy?”

“I just wanted to tell you that Jason and I are going to be coming to Seoul in about two weeks.”

“WHAT?” Suyun sat up in her bed, wincing in pain as she moved her shoulder too suddenly. She was now almost always out of the sling but she was still having to go to physiotherapy to get rid of the pain. It only hurt when she moved too suddenly or when she would try to raise her arm above her head. Seeing that she was causing a lot of noise Suyun went into the main part of the dorm and sat down on her couch. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I didn’t want to bother you. I know that you have a comeback soon with Hanbi.”

“I won’t be able to see you…maybe I can get one afternoon off.”

“Sue, if it is possible I would like to meet that boy you’re dating. How long have you two been seeing each other?”

“Taekwoon and I have been together for almost….a year…oh gosh…” Now that Suyun had been thinking about it she and Leo had been together a long time. It just felt so natural now that she never really thought of all the time that had been passing. She couldn’t remember a time without him in her life.

So if you could arrange a time I would like to meet the boy who has captures my daughter’s heart.”

“Dad you know that he and I are very busy people.”

“Great so I can expect to see you two sometime while I’m there.”

“I will try.”

“Okay, go back to sleep baby girl. Love you.”

“Love you too daddy, have a good day.”  Suyun hung up and heavily sighed while ruffling her bedhead. Instead of going back to sleep Suyun decided to call Leo so he had to suffer the same anxiety she was feeling.

“Is something wrong?” Leo answered after two rings.

“Why are you awake?”

“I’m in the studio working on some things with Ravi. Anyways, what’s up?” Leo left the small music studio where Ravi was putting down a track for one of their songs which might be put on their next album. It was all still very raw and unfinished so the boys were treating it as more like a hobby than actual potential music.

“I just talked to my dad.” Suyun ran her hand over her face and then stepped out onto the small balcony that the girls dorm had. “He is coming to Seoul in two weeks.”

“Oh, how exciting. Has he been here before?” Leo was looking in the small window in the door and saw that Ravi was waving at him to come back.

“No. But he is brining Jason with him and he has been here before.” Suyun was finding it hard to bring up the topic of Leo meeting her family.

“That’s awesome. Listen Suyun if that’s all I kind of have to get back to work with Ravi.” Leo looked in at his friend and held up his finger signalling that he would only be one more minute.

“My dad wants to meet you.” Suyun blurted out and Leo became silent.

“……………..okay………..well…….I’m sure I can work stuff out to try and meet him. Jason will be there too right?”

“Yes.”

“But not Daniel?”

“No I think he is too busy with writing at the moment.”

“Alright, I can deal with that. But this means you have to meet my family.”

“W-What? But I don’t do well around adults.”

“We’re adults.”

“Yeah but they’re like…actual adults.”

“You’re making no sense.”

“I know; I’m half awake.”

“Perfect. So I will ask my mom what time is good for her so you can meet.”

“I have promotions next week oppa!”

“We will work around it. Bye, love you.”

“I hate you.”

“Love you too~ Now go back to sleep.”

A week passed and Suyun and Hanbi started their promotions as ‘Charm’ and just like predicted their music video was the talk of the town. Some entertainment stations tried to get the music video to be rated as since it depicted the two in a romantic relationship. JYP entertainment fought the rating and eventually it was dropped back down to a general rating so everyone could see the music video. Because of all the attention from the possible lesbian relationship in the video lots of people were watching it and downloading the songs.

On one of the days that Suyun had her physiotherapy after her recordings, the company said it was okay for her to take the rest of the day off because Hanbi was busy going to radio shows to promote the song. Suyun sent her encouraging text messages telling her that she was proud of the younger girl for taking on so many responsibilities.

“Which one is his?” Their manager asked as the he drove slowly down a street to try and read the apartment building numbers.

“There.” Suyun pointed out at Leo who was waiting outside a building, fiddling with his phone while standing there so he didn’t look like he was waiting for someone. The van pulled to a stop and Leo walked over with very large strides. He opened the passenger door and Suyun stepped out with a bright smile on her face. Her hair was still curled from the recording and she was wearing a white A-line dress that ended mid-thigh.

“Did you hurt yourself again?” Leo asked as he saw that Suyun was wearing the sling again.

“I tweaked it during the show today. The doctor told me to wear it for the next twenty four hours.” Suyun rolled her eyes and Leo felt like pinching her. He knew that she wanted to put on the best show possible for her fans but she was constantly hurting her shoulder because of it.

“My dad is working today so you don’t get the pleasure to meet him. So it’s only my mom, sister and nephew.” Leo closed the door for Suyun when she suddenly went to the side door and tried to open it. Leo opened it for her and groaned when he saw the large basket of fresh fruit and flowers. “You didn’t have to bring anything.”

“Your mom is nice enough to let me come into her home. The least I could do was bring stuff for her.” Suyun grabbed the basket of fruit and winced as she tried to walk with it. Leo ended up carrying the basket of fruit while Suyun took the flowers in her one god arm with her purse slung over her shoulder. Leo led the two of them up to his family’s apartment. As soon as the door opened they were greeted by a very loud and outgoing woman who instantly went to Suyun and hugged her, making sure to be careful of her arm.

“Omo, you’re so beautiful. You’re much prettier in person than in photos. Come inside.” His mother took the flowers and passed them off to her daughter who had a small baby in her arms. “Did you bring all of these things for me? Oh you’re such a nice girl.” His mother was beaming happily at Suyun and Leo who were practically trapped in the doorway.

“Mom can you take these into the kitchen please?” Leo handed her the basket and his mother took it and scurried off into the kitchen.

“Shocking.” Suyun muttered as she bent over to take her shoes off. Leo just silently helped her and placed some slippers right in front of her feet.

“What is?” Leo asked before taking care of himself.

“That such a silent boy would come from such a bubbly woman.” Suyun joked and Leo scowled at her.

“He wasn’t always such a cold person. When we were little Taekwoon was the cutest little kid in the world.” His sister boasted as she slightly bounced in place keep her sleeping child happy.

“Shut up.” Leo muttered and his sister just laughed and rolled her eyes. The three then went into the main part of the apartment where Leo’s mom made Suyun sit down and get comfortable.

“How is your shoulder? I saw it all over the news. That was quiet a nasty accident.” His mother said while smiling at Suyun.

“It’s much better, thank you. The doctor told me to keep it on today just to speed up the recovery.” Suyun said. Leo couldn’t help but smirk as he heard Suyun say that. It was so typical of her to not complain about being in pain.

“Taekwoon, go get us some tea.” His mother ordered.

“Can’t noona do it?” Leo whined, sounding very much like a maknae.

“Taekwoon, I won’t ask you again nicely.” His mother warned and with a groan Leo stood up and headed into the kitchen to make them something to drink. “So, Suyun, tell me all about you.”

“Umm…I’m Kim Suyun and I’m almost 24 years old. I am the lead singer of the group Love-E and I am originally from LA.”

“Oh, you’re from America?” His sister asked.

“Yes.” Suyun shyly answered as the two women suddenly became interested in her background.

“You speak Korean very well.” His mother commented and Suyun thanked her. “Do your parents speak Korean?”

“My father can’t speak it at all but my mother used to speak it to us sometimes.” Suyun said as her eyes landed on Leo who was walking back into the living room. He placed a large tray of full tea cups on the table. Suyun was silently thankful that he came back because she felt painfully shy as the two women interviewed her.

“Do your parents live in Seoul or are they back in LA?”

“My father currently lives in LA.”

“And what about your mom?”

“My mother passed away a few months ago.” Suyun said, pressing her lips into a thin line.

“I am so sorry.” They both said and Leo was glaring at them as if they should have known. Suyun waved it off and told them that it was fine. “So does your father live alone now?”

“No my little brother Jason currently lives with him.” Suyun smiled brightly as she bragged about her brothers. Leo’s mom made Suyun show her the pictures she had of her siblings. Every time she saw a new one she would ooh and awe about how handsome they were. The four talked for hours until it was dinner time. Suyun offered to help but his mother denied it because of her arm. Instead his sister was running in and out of the kitchen and taking care of her son at the same time. Leo eventually offered to look over him and his sister agreed. Leo held the little baby in his arms and fed him with a bottle. When he began ling from the bottle Leo smiled brightly and looked to Suyun who shared in his happiness. She pulled out her phone and took pictures of him holding the baby. It was a heart-warming scene that had Suyun swelling with pride. ‘He will be a good father one day.’ Suyun though to herself and she felt a little foolish to think that maybe they might have a family together one day.

“Do you want to hold him?” His sister asked and Suyun looked over to her with wide eyes.

“I…uh…are you okay with that?” Suyun asked and his sister just laughed. She took the baby from Leo who was a little upset that the little bundle of joy was taken from him. “Oppa…can you…” Suyun asked as she reached to try and take her sling off. Leo leaned over on the white leather couch and helped her take her sling off so she could hold the baby better. With pillows set up around her, Suyun took the baby into her arms and all the air left her lungs. “He’s so light.” Suyun whispered as if talking loudly all of a sudden would bother him. Leo just chuckled and sat back while he watched Suyun feed his nephew with a bottle. She was smiling so sweetly down at the baby. “You’re so cute.” Suyun cooed in English.

“Look at them.” Leo’s sister said when she went back into the kitchen with her mother. They both looked out and saw Suyun holding the baby while Leo watched over them protectively. “They look really good together.” His sister said earning a light smack from her mother.

“Don’t even mention babies to them. They are too young for stuff like that.”

“I wasn’t going to suggest they go and make babies right now! But I am just saying, in the future they would have adorable children.” His sister happily chuckled.

Leo watched as Suyun lightly sang to the baby in her arms. He loved the view and even took a few photos on his own phone. It had never occurred to him before but Suyun seemed like the maternal type of woman and maybe that was why he was attracted to her. He had always said that his type of woman was someone who could take care of him and there was no one in the world he could trust more than Suyun. Seeing her with a baby made him think of their future and what it would be like to have a family with her. After dinner Suyun stayed with Leo’s family a little longer until her manager called her and said that it was time to go. Suyun sadly said goodbye to his family and they promised to meet again in the future without Leo so that they could all share secrets about him. Leo forbid that meeting from ever happening but the girls all winked at each other, knowing that it would happen sooner or later. As Leo and Suyun stood in the elevator they were very quiet.

“Do you want kids? I mean…in the future.” Leo suddenly asked and Suyun was caught a little off guard.

“Yeah, I love kids. I’ve always wanted to be a mother.” Suyun awkwardly laughed and Leo just nodded his head. “How about you? Kids?”

“Of course.” Leo leaned against the rail in the elevator and looked to Suyun. He reached over to her and pulled her in for a deep kiss. Suyun was a little startled but she didn’t fight it. They separated when they reached the main level and they walked out of the elevator holding hands. Her manager showed up a few minutes later and Leo opened the van door for her. They said their goodbyes until they were forced to separate and Suyun drove off. Leo headed back up to his families apartment and was greeted by his sister and mother who were quieter than normal. “What’s wrong?” Leo asked as he went into the kitchen to get a water bottle.

“We like her.” His sister said and Leo just nodded his head. He knew they would like her, everyone liked Suyun. “How long have you two been together?”

“About a year.” Leo sat down on the couch and crossed his legs as he the television.

“Are you serious about her?” His mother suddenly asked and Leo gave her a confused expression. “Suyun is a smart, beautiful and kind person. If you’re not serious about her than I suggest you break up with her now before she falls even more in love with you.” His mother said in a serious tone as she ran her finger along the rim of her tea cup.

“I am serious about her, mom. Don’t worry.” Leo felt his ears turn slightly red as he talked about this with his family. “Now stop asking me questions.” He sat on the couch with his arms folded across his chest. To say he was embarrassed was an understatement. Leo was proud that his girlfriend left such a strong impact on his mother and sister but he didn’t want them questioning his intentions with her. He was deadly serious about her and if anyone was going to get their heart broken it was going to be him.

-------------------------------------------------------

long chapter is long

but I am trying to fit everything into the last few chapters XD 

chapter 100 will be the end which will include an epilogue for each character (I.E: Suyun, Leo, Love-E)

by the way Leo with his nephew is the cutest god damn thing in the world