Thirty One

Blue Blossom

Twenty minutes later Leo called everyone over to eat which was a blessing in disguise since Suyun and Hongbin were losing badly. Hongbin ran over to the game system, turned it off and claimed that none of it never happened. Hyuk and Ravi were complaining that it wasn’t fair for him to do that just because they lost.

“We didn’t lose because it didn’t happen.” Suyun said, backing up her team mate. Hongbin and Ken laughed at Ravi and Hyuk who were a little bitter for the rest of the night. Leo had set out a traditional floor table and had the pasta sitting in the middle of the table with everyone’s bowls and utensils set up for them.

“You did this all yourself hyung?” Hyuk asked, sitting down at his usual spot.

“You could have asked me to help.” Suyun went to Leo’s side and he just shrugged. The boys then fought for a minute on where Suyun was going to sit but in the end she sat between Leo and Ken. The meal was good which surprised Suyun a little bit because she didn’t know that Leo was such a good cook. During the meal, Leo noticed how Suyun ate all of the shrimp in her pasta first and seemed to really enjoy it so he casually put all of his shrimp onto her plate. When she said it was okay and that he should eat his own food, Leo said that he didn’t feel like eating shrimp. He just wanted to see her happy and that was what was happening. She was smiling and laughing without a care in the world. When they finished eating they just piled the dishes into the sink and Hongbin said that he would do it later and not to worry. 

“Let’s go!” Ravi called from the front door. He already has his jacket and shoes on. All of the boys looked excited and Suyun later learned that they didn’t get to go out often so this was a treat for them. They had to take two cars so Ken and Hongbin were going to drive. Leo and Suyun were with Ken while Ravi and Hyuk were with Hongbin. Leo regretted his decision as during the whole car ride Ken kept making fun of the couple and purposely making them uncomfortable and the worst part was that Leo couldn’t hit him because he was driving. They pulled up to the bowling alley and walked up to the entrance when Suyun spotted a familiar figure waiting for them.   

“Gayun?” Suyun said and her friend smiled.

“Hey.” She waved cutely to everyone as they walked up to her.

“What are you doing here?” Suyun was a little confused to say the least. She was expecting a trainee to come and hang out with them but instead Gayun was there.

“Seoyong said she couldn’t make it so she asked me to take her place.” Gayun bowed to the boys who bowed back. They weren’t expecting Gayun but it was a pleasant surprise.

“Now we’re an uneven amount.” Hyuk said, holding up his fingers showing that there were now seven people.

“Not exactly.” Gayun looked over her shoulder and a boy was walking up to them.

“Mark?” Suyun knew who it was instantly and Mark quickly jogged over to the group.

“He heard that I was going to meet you here and he insisted to come.” Gayun rolled her eyes at Mark who instantly locked onto Suyun. Leo noticed the way Mark looked at Suyun; it was almost exactly how he looked at her before they started dating. It made him a little anxious but he decided not to do anything about it since he was almost positive that Mark knew that Suyun was taken. They headed into the bowling alley and were splitting into teams. Leo was the captain of one team while Ken was the leader of the other. They played rock-paper-scissors to decide who would be on their teams and when Ken won he picked Suyun.

“No.” Leo said and held out his hand again to redo the match. They played two more times and everyone caught Leo cheating so when they played a fair round again, Ken won.

“It’s okay.” Suyun whispered to Leo who looked very unhappy about having to separate from Suyun. Ken, Suyun, Ravi and Mark were on one team while Leo, Hongbin, Hyuk and Gayun were on the other. The match started and Mark automatically started hogging Suyun to himself. Leo would looked over and see the two of them speaking English to each other, feeling a little jealous that he couldn’t share that experience with Suyun. No matter how much English he learned, he would never be able to hold a stable conversation with her like Mark could.  Suyun looked over and saw that Leo looked a little awkward as he sat there waiting for his turn.

It’s your turn.” Suyun said to Mark who jumped up and grabbed a bowling ball. She took this chance and went over to Leo whose legs were crossed and he was angrily tapping his fingers to a beat he had in his head. 

“Hey.” Suyun grabbed her jacket and laid it across her lap as she sat beside him. “Are you okay? You look unhappy.” Under the cover of the jacket Suyun tugged on Leo’s sleeve.

“Yeah.” Leo lowered his arm so it was hidden under the jacket as well. They held hands, lacing their fingers together. Suyun the back of Leo’s hand with her thumb, hoping to comfort him since he seemed so uncomfortable.

Suyun, it’s your turn.”  Mark called and Suyun let out a sigh. Leo let go of her hand and Suyun stood up.

“Help me.” Suyun said to Leo who just tilted his head to the side in confusion. “I don’t know how to bowl.” Suyun smiled and led Leo over to her lane and picked up a ball. “HOW DO YOU THOW THIS?! IT’S SO HEAVY!” Suyun whined and Leo had to hold the ball for her while everyone laughed at her.  Leo taught Suyun how to hold it and how to throw it and he stood back while she did. She threw it two times and it was a gutter ball both times.

“You did good.” Leo ruffled Suyun’s hair as her lower lip jutted out in a pout.

“I didn’t hit anything.” Suyun whined and Leo just smiled at how cute she was. It was Leo’s turn so he went back to his lane. Suyun sat back down beside Mark and watched as Leo picked up the ball effortlessly and chucked it down the lane.

Do you and Leo have a thing?” Mark asked, catching Suyun a little off guard.

Oh…uh…yeah a little.” Suyun nervously started playing with the bracelet on her wrist. Mark nodded his head, glaring at Leo from the side. He didn’t know why but he felt like Leo had taken something away from his that he wasn’t willing to share. Although he had no claim over Suyun, he still felt like he had dibs on her.

--------------------------------