Twenty Seven

Blue Blossom

Leo ran outside with his hands buried deep in his pant pockets. It was late at night and people were either heading home, heading out to drink or stumbling down the street already drunk, so Leo was safe to stand there and not get recognised. He looked up and down the street and spotted a taxi coming towards him. The taxi pulled to a stop in front of him and Ravi jumped out and a black bag at his hyung.

“Good, now leave.” Leo grabbed the bag and turned to leave.

“No way, I’m at least greeting everyone.” Ravi followed Leo into the restaurant. The older boy warned him not to embarrass him. Ravi just rolled his eyes and walked up to the table with Leo.

“Everyone, this is Ravi.” Leo said to everyone and they all looked over. They happily greeted them and CAP, who was almost as equally drunk as Zico, invited the rapper to join them. Since Ravi didn’t have anything else to do he agreed, much to the disapproval of Leo. Ravi sat down beside Zico and CAP who poured the rapper a drink. Zelo was the only one not drinking since he was underage and Bomi was making sure that the boys would stop trying to sneak him drinks. Suyun wasn’t a huge fan of drinking so after a glass or two, she was done and was now just sipping on water. She felt someone tap on her shoulder and she looked over to see Leo. He nodded his head in a different direction, signalling that he wanted her to follow him. Suyun whispered to Bomi that she would be right back and left the table with Suyun. The two of them headed to the hallway that had the bathrooms and the staff storage lockers.

“What’s up?” Suyun said, leaning against the wall and looking around, a little paranoid that someone was going to see them. Leo awkwardly looked around before handing the bag over to Suyun. Confused, she took the bag hesitantly and looked inside. She reached in and pulled out two leather bracelets with a small metal medallion hanging off of it.

“It’s for us…I mean…uhh…in Korea when people are in a couple they get couple items…and..uh…I thought maybe these could be…ours.” Leo was so embarrassed that he rested his hands on his hips and hung his head as he laughed at himself. Suyun’s face burned with embarrassment or maybe the alcohol was getting to her already. She reached out and ruffled the top of his head, causing Leo to get more embarrassed as she treated him like a dog. He leaned against the wall and swatted her hands away. “Stop it!” He scolded her cutely and the two of them were just standing there playfully slapping each other.

“I like it.” Suyun said with a huge smile on her face. “Help me put it on.” She held out her left wrist and Leo took one of the bracelets and tied it around her wrist.

“Me too.” Leo said holding out his right hand and Suyun tied the leather bracelet, less gracefully than Leo, but it was still on securely. “Don’t take it off.” He warned and Suyun promised to keep it on as long as possible.

“Fans won’t notice, right?” Suyun asked as the two of them walked back to the table.

“Nah, don’t worry.” Leo had his hands back in his pockets and they sat down. He poured her some more water and Suyun started shovelling food onto his plate.

“Where did you guys run off to?” Zelo asked and the two of them just said they had to talk about a common friend they had. During the middle of telling a joke Zico suddenly became silent and stared at the two of them. They looked back at him clearly nervous.

“Are those couple bracelets?” Zico asked, quiet loudly. Everyone turned to the two of them and started freaking out when they saw the matching leather bracelets hanging off of their wrists. The two had to quiet everyone down.

“Shut up! Everyone is looking at us!” Leo threatened everyone and it took some time but everyone became quiet.

“So how long have you guys been a couple?” CAP asked and everyone was happily listening except Kangnam who was refilling his cup with beer.

“I don’t know…officially for about three weeks but we’ve been unofficially together for almost a month and a half.” Suyun looked over to Leo who was so shy about this topic that he was hanging his head again. She now understood why his fans calling him the ‘Top-of-head fairy’.

“That’s almost since we started filming!” Zelo said and Bomi happily bounced up and down in her seat.

“You move fast!” Zico teased Leo who was laughing out of embarrassment. Leo then silently gestured for Zelo to fill his glass with more beer since he couldn’t talk anymore.

“Congratulations!” Ravi said, raising his glass in the air. Everyone, even shy Leo and moody Kangnam, raised their glasses and congratulated the new couple and their couple bracelets. The eight sat around drinking and eating for a few more hours until managers started calling them and telling them they had to come back to the dorms.

“And that is why it is great to live alone!” Zico cheered happily, high-fiving Kangnam since they were the only ones who didn’t live in a dorm. Zelo didn’t count since when he wasn’t at the dorm he was staying with his parents, which was even worse in everyone’s opinion.

“I called you a cab.” Suyun said to Leo who was laughing and joking around with Ravi; the both of them telling stories about the surprisingly numerous times they had to do girl group dances. Leo didn’t drink a lot but he was a lightweight so even though he drank less, he was almost as drunk as everyone else. Everyone except Suyun and Zelo of course.

“Alright. Fine, fine.” Leo said slowly rising from his seat and throwing money on the table for the waitress. Ravi soon copied what his hyung was doing and getting ready to leave. Leo had a huge smile on his face and his neck and ears were bright red, a side effect of drinking. Suyun led the two tipsy boys outside and told them to be on their bed behaviour in case any fans saw them.

“You take really good care of me.” Leo said as he fiddled with the bracelet. Suyun decided to ignore everything he was going to say figuring that most of it was going to be dumb and fuelled by the drinks.

Uh-huh…sure.” Suyun replied in English, getting a little impatient about the taxi. She was bouncing slightly, trying to keep warm since it was a little nippy outside. Leo knew that she was cold but he forced himself to not do anything. Even if he just gave her a jacket or a quick hug, a photographer would make it a big deal.

“I’m just waiting for the day you realise that you’re too good for me.” Leo mumbled and rubbed his eyes, suddenly feeling exhausted. Suyun wanted to reply to his comment but decided against it. He would forget everything in the morning; there was no point in arguing with him. Just then a taxi slowly pulled up in front of them.

Oh thank God.” Suyun said and she shoved the boys into the back seat and gave the driver the address.

“It was nice meeting you sister-in-law!” Ravi happily called out, getting a quick punch in the shoulder from Leo.

“It was nice meeting you two Ravi. Make sure to drink lots of water before going to bed otherwise you will have a hangover.” Suyun was clearly talking to Ravi since he seemed to be in better shape than Leo, whose head was bobbing up and down, trying to keep himself awake.

“Alright, I hope we meet up again soon; it was a lot of fun hanging out with you. Maybe we can all go bowling some time!” Ravi said and Suyun just waved it off, saying that if they ever went bowling to definitely invite her.

“Call me when you get back to your dorm.” Leo called out, his eyes barely staying open. Suyun laughed and said she would promise but she figured that he would fall asleep long before she would make it back to her dorm. The taxi left and Suyun watched it drive off into the distance. She was glad Ravi was with Leo so he could make sure that he made it home safely. Suyun pulled out her phone and called JB, asking him to pick her up since she knew he was close by.

“You want a ride home?” Kangnam asked, appearing out of nowhere. Suyun jumped slightly and cursed in English.

“You scared me.” Suyun put her hand over her heart and tried to slow it down a little.

“Sorry.” Kangnam chuckled and reassuringly patted her shoulder. “Do you have a drive home?”  He asked again.

“Yeah, Jaebum is coming to get me.” Suyun pointed to her phone that she just hung up. Kangnam nodded his head and the two of them awkwardly stood silently on the sidewalk. “So...everyone in there still drinking?” Suyun asked to try and break the ice.

“No actually. Zelo was in the middle of ordering a taxi for CAP and Zico while Bomi went to bathroom to call her manager for a ride.” Kangnam rocked back and forth on his heels, brushing his long blond hair behind his ear. A black van skidded to a stop outside of the restaurant. “That’s my ride.” Kangnam said, feeling a little bad about leaving Suyun all alone.

“Don’t worry; my ride will be here shortly.” Suyun rested her hand on his upper arm and pushed him towards the van.

“Alright…umm Suyun?” Kangnam firmly planted his feet and looked to Suyun who had wide, blinking eyes. “I’m sorry about kissing you. I didn’t know you and Taekwoon were dating.” Kangnam blurted out and Suyun shushed him as people walked by, they were taking notice of the van which was almost only used by famous people.

“It’s okay, I forgive you. Now get in the van!” Suyun ordered through clenched teeth. Kangnam suddenly wrapped his arms around Suyun in a tight embrace, shocking a few people who were now gathering around them, recognising them.

“Thank you! I could stand you hating me anymore.” Kangnam said, his accent getting thicker since he had begun drinking.

“Sure, sure. Get going.” Suyun wriggled out of his arms, opened the van down and Kangnam stumbled in. He promised to text her and Suyun was getting déjà vu as she closed the van door and the boy was driven away. She shook her head with a smile on her face, bowing to a few people who called out her name. JB thankfully showed up really quickly and Suyun jumped into the car before he could even come to a complete stop.

“Have fun?” JB asked, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

“Shush.” Suyun rubbed her temples, groaning as she remembered that she had an early schedule that would go on until late into the next night. JB laughed at her pain and drove her all the way to her dorm which just happened to be in the same building as theirs. It was easy to keep all of the groups in one building until they got old enough to live on their own like 2PM and MissA. Housed within the building was GOT7, Love-E ad a few trainees who were expected to debut soon. Suyun dragged herself to the elevator and said goodbye to JB when he got off at his floor. She then shuffled over to their dorm, punched in the code and practically passed out in the foyer. Suyun pulled out her phone and called Bomi who was barely awake to even have a full conversation and then she called Leo who, like she predicted, was already asleep and didn’t answer her call. She texted him as she went into her bedroom and threw herself onto her bed, hating that they were going to have to wake up in five hours and that she was going to be dead tired for all of the schedules.

To: Taekwoon~oppa~

I tried calling. You were asleep. Idiot.

When the text was successfully sent, Suyun threw her phone onto the ground and curled up under her blankets and fell asleep in seconds. She hoped that tomorrow would be as painless as possible but she didn’t know that paparazzi were hanging out by the restaurant that night and had taken some very interesting photos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------