Forty Nine

Blue Blossom

">

Daniel walked into the hotel room early in the morning and saw his mother and sister sleeping in one bed. He walked over to his empty bed and sat on the edge of it, grabbing the hotel phone and ordered room service. After the events of last night, Daniel has calmed down enough they he figured he could be in the same room as his siblings. When he hung up the phone Suyun opened her eyes and looked over to Daniel who just weakly smiled at her.

Hey.” Daniel said and Suyun just waved at him.

What time is it?” Suyun asked as she sat up and Daniel could see that she had borrowed some of his clean pyjamas to sleep in which was fine since he was currently in the same clothes as the day before.

About six in the morning; I ordered room services and it will be here in about thirty minutes. I’m going to jump into the shower real quick, okay?” Daniel said as he grabbed some clean clothes and headed into the bathroom. Suyun had laid back down in the bed and buried herself in blankets to block out the morning sun. Daniel had a shower and changed into new clothes and as he came out of the bathroom with his hair slightly damp, there was a knock on the door. He opened it and saw a woman standing there with a cart covered with food.

“R-Room service.” The woman nervously stuttered as she looked at Daniel. He was leaning against the door frame looking absolutely amazing and he knew it.

“Come on in.” Daniel stepped aside and the woman pushed the food inside. He grabbed Suyun’s purse and pulled out her wallet and a small red, leather bound note book fell out. After paying for the food Daniel grabbed the book and his plate of eggs and bacon then started reading what was in Suyun’s notebook. He felt guilty about reading it for two seconds before he realised that it was filled with song lyrics.

Foooooood.” Jason groaned as he sat up in his bed and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He crawled down his bed and grabbed his plate before sitting on the floor and eating it with his hands, too lazy to look for a fork. Suyun was the next to wake up and she saw Daniel reading her lyric book.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Suyun instantly sprung awake and lunged at Daniel, the two wrestling for a minute before Suyun was able to take it away from him.

“Did you write that?” Daniel asked, chomping down on his bacon. When he saw Suyun’s face grow stiff he just chuckled. “It’s really good. Why don’t you show your boss your music or something? Maybe you could get a solo promotion. I read somewhere that you split the money equally amongst the girls in your group. Think of all the money you could get.” Daniel seemed to be in a better mood and Suyun didn’t want to spoil it by fighting with him. She put her book back into her purse and grabbed her plate that had fresh fruit and yogurt.

“I make more than enough money that I don’t need a solo promotion, thank you very much.” Suyun glared at him but Daniel just rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders giving her the ‘you-know-that’s-not-exactly-what-I-meant’ look. “Plus…these are just my thoughts and feelings. What if they looked it over and said they were cheap and dumb. I don’t think I can deal with that kind of rejection.”

“They won’t reject it. Trust me Sue; they will love at least one of the ones you wrote.” Daniel jabbed his thin finger in her direction. Suyun just sighed and lazily ate a grape.

I didn’t understand anything you just said…” Jason said in his half-awake state. The other two just laughed at their cute little brother and spent the rest of the morning together. Eventually Suyun had to leave her siblings as they got ready to head back to America. She felt a little bad about not being able to see them off to the airport but she knew better than to risk being seen in public when she couldn’t defend herself from paparazzi. Suyun made it to the dorm around three in the afternoon when Juhee and Hanbi were the only ones there. Ara and Gayun had to go film for a reality show so the three boring members just sat in the dorm and complained about how they had nothing to do.

“Go buy groceries.” Juhee lightly pat Suyun’s thigh.

“Don’t want to.”

“Go.”

“No.”

“Please unnie?” Juhee cutely blinked her eyes and jutted out her bottom lip. She looked like a sad puppy and it easily swayed Suyun’s heart.

“Okay.” Suyun stood up and then glared at Hanbi who was just silently sitting by and watching. “Come with me.” The eldest ordered and Hanbi just sighed heavily and went with her. The two girls had put on their face masks and hats before leaving the dorm with a list Juhee had written. They had to go to a grocery store a little further away from their dorm because Juhee had asked for some exotic fruit that she wanted to eat. Plus Suyun wanted to make dessert for the girls tonight since she had put them through so much stress with the whole Leo issue. Which reminded Suyun that she hadn’t talked to Leo in almost two days which upset her because she thought that maybe he was avoiding her.

At the store, the girls were standing in front of the huge sacks of rice trying to figure out how they were going to get it into their cart. Suyun and Hanbi were the weakest girls on the team and were known to struggle opening a water bottle.

“Susu!” A voice called out and Suyun’s head automatically spun to see who was calling her. A tall man in a baggy black sweater, dark jeans, a face mask and a plain black baseball cap started walking up to her. Suyun could tell who it was just by the way he walked but Hanbi thought that it might be some strange stalker and lightly grabbed her unnies arm.

“Taekwoon oppa.” Suyun said her mood noticeably lightened as Leo walked over to her. Hanbi bowed to him and Leo shyly nodded back. All of the thoughts Suyun had earlier about Leo ignoring her left her brain the second she saw him.

“What are you guys doing?”  Leo asked and the two girls pointed at the huge sack of rice and Leo just scoffed. He easily bent over, picked up the bag and put it into the shopping cart.

“Wow! You’re the worlds strongest man!” Suyun playfully cheered and Leo nudged her with his elbow and told her to knock it off.   

“Hyung! You  can’t just run off!” Hongbin suddenly came over. “Oh, hello sister-in-law.” He teased and Leo told him to knock it off if he didn’t want to get hit.

“Hello Hongbin oppa.” Hanbi quietly said and Hongbin burst out into a huge smile that looked slightly painful.

“Hey Hanbi! I haven’t seen you in a while.” Hongbin’s ears were turning bright red as he looked at the girl. It was understandable since Hanbi was the type of girls that all Korean men dreamed of. She was petite and slender with long black hair. Her eyes were large and her lips were a cute heart shape that made her look more like a doll than a human.

“Sorry for not text you, I’ve been busy!” Hanbi looked genuinely upset and Hongbin had to comfort her and tell her that it was alright that she didn’t text him.

“Do you need to get anything else?” Leo asked Suyun who was wrapped up in watching the two younger people interact. There was something about Hongbin’s personality around Hanbi that made Suyun feel a little awkward. When she was hanging out with the boys she never saw Hongbin act like this.

“Oh..uh…yeah.” Suyun showed him the list and Leo just snatched it from her hands before turning and walking away with the girl’s cart. “Yah! Jung Taekwoon!” Suyun quietly hissed at her boyfriend as he just did whatever he wanted.  

“Hongbin, go shopping for our stuff with Hanbi-ssi.” Leo called out before pulling Suyun to her side and forcing her to leave the two youngsters alone.

“Stop! Don’t you realise that Hongbin is acting weird around Hanbi?” Suyun asked as she walked along side Leo down the aisle as he grabbed the flour they needed from the top shelf.

“Of course he’s acting weird. He likes her.” Leo put the flour in the cart and then started walking away again as if everything he had just said was completely normal.

“W-What?! But he can’t like her! She’s dating Gongchan! He must know that!” Suyun was trying to keep her voice down as much as possible since she didn’t want to draw attention to herself but it was proving to be difficult as they continued to talk.

“He knows…Gongchan told him about a week ago.” Leo grabbed the icing sugar. “That doesn’t mean he can automatically stop liking her. Now, which colour of food dye do you want?” Leo and Suyun were standing in front of the cake decorating section and Suyun was in a daze.

“My poor Hanbi is in a love triangle and she doesn’t even know it.” Suyun sighed as she grabbed the blue and yellow. The two sighed and continued on their impromptu grocery shopping date.