Forty Seven

Blue Blossom

Suyun and Jason burst back into the room with bags of food in their hands. Daniel continued typing, only groaning in response when he saw his siblings come back.

“Oh shoot I forgot to get forks and stuff like that. Maybe they have some in the kitchen we can use. I don’t want to go all the way back outside just to get some chop sticks. Oh, maybe they packed them in the bottom of the bags or did they just assume we would have it. Aishh, it would be so much easier if we were at an apartment or-“

“Shut up.” Daniel cut Suyun off as she talked Korean at a rapid fire pace. Both Suyun and Jason looked at their older brother, one of them looking much more surprised than the other.

“You can speak Korean?! SINCE WHEN!” Suyun yelled at Daniel and Jason just slowly continued to unpack the food so he could have something to eat while he watched his siblings fight.

“I learned back in New York. I was seeing this Korean girl and her English was terrible so I learned it for her.” Daniel grabbed a piece of chicken and started munching on it.

What else aren’t you telling me? Do you have any more secrets I should know about?” Suyun folded her arms and glared at her brother. How had Daniel hidden the fact that he Korean, for so long. Why didn’t he just come out and tell her instead of denying it. She felt that this was something siblings should tell each other.

Secrets? You’re one to talk. Why don’t you tell us more about your boyfriend Taekwoon? He is boxer, swimmer, he dances, he sings, he acts and he is an absolute dream boat.” Daniel stood up from his chair, towering over Suyun but she didn’t flinch. “Why didn’t you tell us about him? Are you embarrassed of him?

No.” Suyun jutted her bottom lip out. She wasn’t use to Daniel talking to her like this and she was a little afraid of him.

Then why didn’t you tell us? Why did we have to find out our baby sister is being…violated by some guy from some cheap news station!”

“He isn’t violating me! Good lord Daniel, we’re just dating!”

“I don’t like him.”

“You don’t even know him.”

“Oh trust me, I know guys like him. You seem to forget Sue that I am just like this guy. He’s quiet and shy around lots of people but when it’s just you and him, he opens up to you.”

“Shut up.”

“He tells you how much he loves you and misses you every time you go your different ways.”

“I said shut up Daniel.” Suyun felt tears in her eyes as Daniel continued to belittle her relationship. Even Jason was standing by Suyun, confused as to why his brother was acting in such a way.

But the moment you leave is the moment he starts texting other girls because you aren’t enough for him. He’s an idol Sue! He has girls throwing themselves at him every day! What makes you so different? He’s going to break your heart and the tabloids are going to sell your pain to the world so everyone can laugh at you. Nothing good comes from dating this guy Sue! Nothing!

Daniel..stop it.” Jason spoke up to his brother and Daniel glared at him.

“You’re so mean.” Suyun said as a single tear fell down her face. Daniel had to look away from her and grabbed his jacket and wallet from the desk.

Where are you going?” Jason asked as Daniel stormed towards the door. Daniel never answered them as he stormed out of the room, slamming the door on his way out. Jason rubbed Suyun’s back as she sat on the bed and cried. She had no idea where Daniel’s anger was coming from and she didn’t know why he had to hate on her relationship so much. He had never acted like this with Jason and Zhu Li so it must be because she was dating another idol. “Just give him some time; he never did really enjoy stuff about us being put into the news.” Jason tried to lighten the mood but it didn’t work very well. After twenty more minutes the two of them began to eat their meal, leaving some aside for Daniel in case he decided to come back. Suyun’s manager called to see where she was and when she explained that she wanted to spend the night with her brother, he agreed that it was a good idea.

Some time at around midnight, the two siblings were lying in one of the beds with face masks on. They were watching children’s cartoons since it was the only English program and Suyun didn’t want to spend the whole night translating for him.

Come here.” Suyun said as she pulled her brothers face beside hers. She took a picture of the two of them smiling in their face masks and posted it on twitter. Rest and relaxation with my little brother! Suyun posted it hoping that when she left the hotel in the morning, people wouldn’t leave nasty messages about her online or take pictures of her. The last thing she needed right now as another scandal with another one of her siblings. Suyun waited all night for a call from Leo, but it never came.

Maybe he had his phone taken away.” Jason said, seeing how Suyun stressed over it.

Yeah…maybe…” Suyun placed her phone on the small side table and let out a heavy sigh. She wanted to talk to Daniel and try and figure out why he exploded at her all of a sudden. Before they left he seemed perfectly fine. Suyun needed someone to talk to other than her brother but everyone else seemed too busy in their own drama. “I have to make a phone call.” Suyun said before taking off the mask and grabbing her phone. Jason grunted in response and Suyun headed out onto their hotel rooms small balcony. Suyun called someone and the phone only rang twice before the person on the other end picked up.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Marks voice said over the phone.

“Hey. I just needed someone to talk to other than my brother.” Suyun sat down in the single chair that was on the balcony and looked out at Seouls night view.

“Oh, what’s going on?” Mark was sitting in his room that he shared with Jackson, the younger boy angrily staring at him. Jackson has been trying for the last forty minutes to get Mark to talk to him but he was only ignored. They all knew that Mark had a soft spot for Suyun but that didn’t mean Jackson couldn’t get jealous that one of his best friends was being taken away from him. That jealousy quickly went away when Jackson saw that he was getting a call from Gayun. He then quickly ran out of the room with a huge smile on his face and hid away so no one could hear his conversation.

Suyun went on to explain to Mark everything that happened with Daniel and Jason and how she was now just watching cartoons while snacking on chips. Mark laughed and tried to calmly have a conversation with Suyun and after ten minutes of talking Suyun felt all of her worries disappear. She was lucky that she had a good friend in Mark. They came from similar backgrounds and lived fairly similar lives so it was easy to communicate and tell each other their worries. Mark, of course, felt much more strongly about their relationship but he was going to ruin anything for Suyun. She was with Leo. She was not his. It killed him every time he thought about it, but he had to accept it and try to move on.