Four

Blue Blossom

">http://

It was the next day and Suyun was on her way to the Kpop Wars practice and she was feeling exhausted. She had her sweater hood pulled over her head to rest her eyes from the sun and her headphones in to block out the noises of her manager on his phone and the cars honking around them. Suyun was just falling asleep when she felt her phone vibrate in her lap. She pulled up her hood and looked at the group message.

Zelo: Are you guys almost here? I need to be saved. Bomi noona keeps challenging to a dance battle

Bomi: Don’t whine just because you know you would lose

Kangnam: I’m almost there! I’ll save you~

Zelo: Now it’s like Bomix2 here

Zico: Poor baby

Suyun: I’ll be there in ten minutes

Leo: Same

Bomi: Are you two together right now????????

Suyun: no

Leo: no

Zico: They’re like robots

CAP: beep boop beep boop

Suyun: ?????

CAP: I’m trying to communicate

Leo: ………….

Zelo: I repeat…SAVE ME  

Suyun laughed at the messages and felt wide awake as the van pulled up to the dance studio and another van pulled up right behind them. Suyun stepped out of the van slipping on her backpack. Leo stepped out of the van behind her.

“Hello.” Leo said and Suyun bowed to him.

“We better get in there and save Zelo.” Suyun said with a smile, referring back to their group conversation. Leo smiled and nodded his head. The two of them entered the studio and everyone else was waiting for them already.

“SUYUN~” Bomi ran at Suyun and hugged her tightly, almost knocking the two girls onto the ground. Leo went and greeted the rest of the guys. After five minutes of them greeting each other, they all got changed into comfortable clothes to start their dance practice. Getting the dance down was going to take much longer than the vocals and Zico said he was already working on getting the vocals done and recorded in a few days, so they didn’t have to worry about that. Suyun and Bomi went to the girl’s washroom and got changed. Even in gym clothing, Bomi was still adorable whereas Suyun thought she looked like a hobo. She was wearing a knit-trim hoodie and matching band-waist knit sweat pants with a black and white checker design and it was paired with her favourite pair of bright pink running shoes. Suyun wished she had nicer clothes but she had no interest in fashion and was just wearing whatever Juhee had packed for her. When Bomi and Suyun walked into the room, Zico and CAP cheered loudly.

“FASHION SHOW!” Zico yelled and Bomi automatically got into it. She strutted towards the camera and did a spin while biting her bottom lip seductively. Next, Suyun walked up to the cameras and she awkwardly stood there, but the guys just kept cheering for her. She covered her face in embarrassment and ran to hide behind Bomi. Next in the room were Leo and Zelo. Once again everyone cheered for a fashion show and Zelo walked towards the camera before going down and doing the splits. Zico yelled at Zelo for trying to show off and attempted to do the splits as well but he ended up hurting himself and Bomi dragged him away. Leo, like Suyun, awkwardly walked towards the cameras and put his hands in his sweatpants pockets while glaring at the cameras and the PD who was enjoying Leo’s discomfort too much. Kangnam was last because he had misplaced one of his shoes when in reality CAP had hidden it under the bathroom counter.

When Kangnam finally did show up, everyone cheered for him except for Leo and Suyun who stood at the back and clapped their hands so show their support. Kangnam confidentially posed in front of the cameras and the group laughed when he made an ugly face while walking away from the camera’s. They then got to work and started watching INFINITE’s Last Romeo dance practice.  Because they were all idols, they all quickly picked up the placements and the transitions. Kangnam was having a bit of a harder time with the dance sine his group did few to no dance numbers. Zelo and CAP helped him out a lot and everyone made sure to control their expressions whenever he made a mistake. Even though it was the first day of practice, they hoped that after two hours they would be past the first twenty seconds of the song.

“Here is the middle.” Zico had rummaged through the camera staffs baggage and found some electrical tape. He tapped a ‘T’ down on the floor and looked to everyone to make his point. They all nodded their heads and Zico could tell they were tired. “Alright, take a five minute break. Junhong, come monitor this with me.” Zico grabbed the camcorder they were using to record their own practices. Zelo rushed over to his hyung and the two of them sat down and watched the newest recorded dance. Suyun sat on the ground and thanked Leo as he sat beside her and offered her one of the water bottles he had stolen from the staff members.

“This is a good start.” Suyun said as she ran her hand through her hair. She wasn’t being sarcastic. She was honestly impressed that they had gotten through so much in so little time. Leo nodded his head in agreement. “Kangnam oppa…” Suyun looked over and saw that Kangnam was still practicing and when he heard his name he looked over at her. “…come sit with us for a second.” Suyun patted the spot beside her. Kangnam looked to Leo who stood up to grab him a water bottle as well.

“I should practice more. I’m dragging you guys behind.” Kangnam squatted beside her and thanked Leo as he handed him a bottle as Leo sat right back down beside Suyun.

“Take a little break. We are going to be practicing a lot more after this. Plus were all going to get copies of the dance practice so we can practice it on our own.” Suyun smiled softly as she patted Kangnam’s knee. He nodded his head and gulped down half of the bottle. She could tell that he felt bad for not being good at dancing. Suyun couldn’t say much because she wasn’t a great dancer either. In Love-E she would probably be considered the worst dancer out of the five of them.

“I know but-“ Kangnam tried to fight back on her comment, but he was cut off.

“Don’t worry.” Leo said and Kangnam stayed quiet. “We are going to take our time. If you need to talk to someone, talk to me.” Even though what Leo said was quiet and was clearly meant for just the three of them, Suyun felt her heart skip a beat. Leo was cold and distant, but the more you were around him you could see he was actually very kind and warm hearted.

“Come on, let’s start!” Zico called out and everyone found a place to put their water before getting back in position and starting all over again. By the end of the day they had perfected about fourty seconds of the song, but Zico and CAP begged them to practice on their free time before the next practice in two days. Once Suyun got changed back into her other clothes, she felt her exhaustion rain over her again. She had to drag herself out of the studio and leaned against the van for support as the manager went to go confirm things with the PD.

“Are you okay?” Bomi asked as she passed by, heading to her van.

“Yeah, just a little tired.” Suyun forced a smile and waved at Bomi who disappeared into her van and drove away. Once she was out of sight, Suyun let the smile fade away and let out a large sigh.

“Are you really okay?” Leo had snuck up behind her and Suyun almost let out a scream. She turned around and saw his concerned expression.

“Yeah, totally.” Suyun gave a little smile and thumbs up. Leo didn’t believe her and rummaged through her bag before pulling out a small package of red ginseng drink.

“Hakyeon always gives us a bunch if we are going on separate schedules. Here, take one.”  Leo held it out for her and Suyun wanted to take it, but she felt like she was being pitied and she hated that.

“No, it’s fine. I don’t need it.” Suyun stood up straight and tried to look as energetic as possible for a person who just did six hours of dance practice on three hours of sleep.

“Take it.” Leo wasn’t being nice anymore and forced it into her hand. Before she could refuse, he turned and quickly ran to his van and locked the door. Suyun followed right behind him and when he locked the door she knocked on the window.

“Leo oppa…..open the door.”

“Don’t want to.”

“Open the door.”

“Don’t want to.”

“Take the drink back.”

“Don’t want to.”

“Is that all you can say?”

“No.”

Suyun was frustrated and felt like a child for arguing with Leo like this. So she ripped open the packet and chugged the red ginseng down in one shot. Although the drink was bitter and gross, she did feel a little bit better. Before she could thank him, her manager was calling for her and she ran into her own van and was being whisked away back to her studio to record their comeback single.