Seventy Eight

Blue Blossom

">http://

Suyun woke up the next morning as a sudden feeling of emptiness filled her. Her eyes sprung open and she looked beside her in the bed and saw that Leo was nowhere to be seen. She rolled over and ran her hand over his pillow and felt how cold it was which meant that he hadn’t been in the bed for a while.

“Where is he…” Suyun groaned as she sat up, clutching the sheets to her chest so as to not expose her body to the empty room. She looked over to the clock and saw that it was eight in the morning and was totally confused as to what was going on. Normally it took a whole army to wake up Leo and he never woke up early unless he had to; especially after their very busy night. While brushing her hair out of her face, Suyun heard her phone ringing. She leaned half way out of bed to grab her phone that was plugged into the wall. She answered the call only to find out it was her manager. They were already making schedules for her even though she wasn’t in that part of the country and was technically on vacation. When the conversation was wrapping up, the door to the hotel room opened and she heard the shuffle of feet and the crinkling of a plastic bag. Leo stepped into the room and saw that Suyun was awake. She held up a single finger to signal that she needed only a few more seconds of silence. Leo nodded his head and headed over to the table where he pulled out the food he had bought. Suyun finished up her conversation and just sat in the bed, watching him set everything up.

“Good morning.” Suyun softly said and Leo looked up through his bangs and saw her sitting in bed with her body wrapped in bed sheets with her knees drawn to her chest and she had a huge smile on her face. He walked over to her and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Morning.” He grabbed a robe and handed to her which she quickly slipped into so she could get out of bed. “Eat up; we have a busy day ahead of us.” Leo sat down at the table and opened his drink and the drink he had bought for Suyun. She got out of bed and made her way to the table and looked at the food that was placed in front of her.

“What is this?” Suyun grabbed her spoon and poked at the lumpy porridge that was just sitting there spewing steam into her face.

“It’s called jeonbokjuk; it’s porridge with abalone and rice.” Leo sipped on his drink before shovelling some food into his mouth.

“What’s abalone?” Suyun asked as she cautiously took a spoonful of the porridge.

“You don’t know what abalone is?” Leo asked with a surprised look on his face. Suyun shook her head, feeling a little embarrassed that she didn’t know. Leo pulled out his phone and typed some things in before turning the screen towards her.

“What is that?!” Suyun asked in shock as she grabbed his phone and stared in pure horror at the creatures on the phone. Leo laughed and explained that they were abalone. “Are the edible?! Are you trying to poison me?!” Suyun slowly lowered her spoon back down into the bowl.

“I’m not poisiong you! Just eat it!” Leo ordered and Suyun ate a spoonful. She thankfully thought it was delicious and ate most of it but gave the rest to Leo who had been eyeing it through their whole meal. Even though she was still a little hungry she would rather Leo be happy and get everything he want. Suyun reached across the table with a napkin and wiped from food from the corner of his mouth and then just sat back and watched him happily eat. “So what did your manager want?” Leo asked which made Suyun aware of just how long she had been staring at him. She stood up and walked over to her bag, grabbing the small container that had her pain medication. “Are you in pain?” Leo stood up a little but Suyun just shook her head.

“It’s just a little stiff.” She grabbed her drink and swallowed down the pill that would soon make her feel a bit more comfortable. “He was just telling me the schedules when I get back to Seoul. I have a photo shoot almost as soon as I land so my manager will be picking me up from the airport. Then a few days after that we are heading to China for a concert.” Suyun sighed and sat back down in her chair, crossing her legs in such a way that the robe opened slightly, showcasing her long legs. It was totally innocent but Leo was having a hard time trying to force himself to not stare at them.

“We can cut the vacation short if you need to get back earlier.” Leo chugged the rest of his drink, hoping that would calm him down a bit.

“No it’s fine. They made these plans with the knowledge that I was away so it’s their problem to make the schedule work.” Suyun shrugged and Leo just nodded their head. She yawned and covered , trying to make sure she didn’t seem too tired.

“If you want you can go back to sleep for about an hour, then you need to get up and get ready.” Leo started cleaning up and Suyun headed back to the bed. She slipped out of the robe and climbed under the sheets and just sat there and watched Leo as he threw away the last of the stuff. “What are you waiting for? Lay down and try to sleep.” Leo ordered her before he went over and plugged in his phone to charge. Suyun held out her hand to Leo and he looked at her oddly.

“Join me.” She said with a slightly blush on her cheeks. Leo faked a groan and climbed into the bed beside her. Leo wrapped his long arms around her thin frame while Suyun draped one are over his waist and rested her head on his chest. Their legs naturally tangled together until they settled into a comfortable position.

“Why do I do everything you tell me too?” Leo asked in a whisper as he kissed the top of her head.

“Because you’re a smart man.” Suyun joked and the two of them joked around for a little bit before they fell asleep in each other’s arms. Mornings were overrated. Both of them would rather spend all day in bed together than out having adventures on the island. This is exactly what happened since they woke up at two in the afternoon and decided to stick around the hotel for rest of the day. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------