Five

Blue Blossom

">http://

Suyun was sitting in the van with the rest of the girls, reading a book in the front seat while the rest slept in the back. She had to skip out on Kpop Wars practice that day because Love-E had a magazine photo shoot that Suyun just couldn’t miss out on. Their company had tried to find a way to work around it, but unless she left in the middle of the shoot, there was no way she was going to make it. Suyun thought about resting like the rest of the girls since the studio they had to go to was two hours out of Seoul, but she figured it was better to stay awake and alert. Plus, her manager was looking tired and she would try to hold a conversation with him so he would stay awake.

“Take a nap while we are doing the shoot.” Suyun said as she flipped the page of the book she was reading, The Awakening by Kate Chopin which was a classic novel that Suyun loved to read. Not only was it beautifully written but it also helped Suyun remember her English. The more time she spent in Korea speaking Korean she found it was getting hard and hard to remember English. Many of her conversations with Mark, Jackson, Taecyeon and Nichkhun were spoken in Konglish, a weird mixture of Korean and English.

“I have work to catch up on.” He said, yawning so loudly that Suyun thought he was going to wake up the girls.

“I don’t care. I’ll call the company and tell them that you’re endangering us.” Suyun didn’t even waver as she threatened the manager.

“I’m not endangering you!” He yelled at her and Suyun glared at him.

“Driving while sleep deprived is more dangerous than driving drunk. I will call the company and I’m sure they would be thrilled to hear that we are in danger because you refuse to take a nap.” Suyun didn’t care if she was coming off like a . There was no way she was going to let her irresponsible manager possibly get her baby girls in trouble. The manager mumbled for the next thirty minutes until they reached their photo shoot. The girls were taken into the back where there were racks and racks of clothing on one side and a hair and makeup station beside it. Suyun was forced to wear tight light wash jeans with a matching denim shirt which was tucked in and then she wore a neon yellow thick belt around her waist, pulling her so tightly that it felt like a corset. She had a choice for shoes and it was between the highest pair of heels that she had ever seen or ankle strap platform pumps which were much more manageable, so she went with the platform pumps. With her hair pulled back into a high bun and her makeup was natural with a touch of pink in her eye shadow and blush, Suyun was ready.

“You look like a zombie.” Ara said as she walked up behind Suyun and placed her hands on her shoulder. Suyun and Ara were going to shoot together first. Ara was wearing denim overalls with a black and white checked long sleeve under it and her hair was in a high pony tail.

You look like a lost child from the 90’s.” Suyun said in English so no one had any idea what she said. With that the girls were brought in front of the camera and they got to work. They were told to look casual-yet-professional. It was the most impossible thing they had ever done. Two hours into the shoot, Suyun was in the middle of getting her hair and makeup fixed for her next outfit, when she decided to check her messages.

Zelo: Suyun noona, you’re not coming today????

Kangnam: I thought she had work?

Bomi: I’m so lonely

Zico: How can you be lonely when we’re all here

Bomi: I miss my SuSu

CAP: Oh god…SuSu…this is fantastic

Leo: Is she working? Yes? No?

Bomi: Yes T_____T

Kangnam: Did I hear Bomi crying in the bathroom???

Bomi: YOU HEARD NOTHING!

Zico: Wow…..SuSu better come save Bomi

Zelo: Forget Bomi noona, SuSu noona better come save me

Kangnam: When do you get off work SuSu? Want to get a drink?

Zico: ARE YOU ASKING HER OUT?! ON A GROUP CHAT? SERIOUSLY?!

CAP: Kangnam got game

Leo: …………

Bomi: SUSU IS MINE!

Zelo: Jealous Bomi is angry

CAP: EVERYONE HIDE! BOMI IS OUT FOR BLOOD

Kangnam: I think she found me……

Kangnam: She definitely found me…..

Kangnam: If I die, I want CAP to have my hat collection

CAP: -_-

Leo: -_-

Bomi: -_-

Zico:-_-

Zelo: OMG I JUST GOT THE JOKE!

Bomi: SUSU COME BACK

Suyun laughed and thought about replying but just as she started typing out a word, she received a text from Leo.

From: Taekwoon sunbaenim

How’s work going?

Suyun smiled as she reread the text for the next two minutes. It was three words long but she was just happy to know that he was thinking about her. She didn’t know why it made it happy. It just did.

From: Love-E Suyun

Fine. Just tired.

After rewriting the text a few times to try and sound less whiney, Suyun finally sent it. She went back to the group chat and told them all to calm down and that she would see them tomorrow for practice. With her hair done and her makeup complete, Suyun checked her phone and saw that there was no reply from the group chat or from Leo, so she put her phone back in her bag and got back to work. Five hours and three wardrobe changes later, Suyun was finally done and they were headed back to their dorm where they would have a group meeting, a weigh in, maybe have dinner if they were around the right weight, a big clean of their dorm and then hopefully get to bed around  one in the morning. This, of course, was all going to depend on how fast and efficient they were. The girls grabbed all of their things, thanked the staff and complimented them on how wonderful it was to work with them, and then they were back in the van for a two hour drive back into Seoul.

“Did you sleep?” Suyun asked as she took her usual spot in the front.

“Yes.” Was all the manager said before starting the van. It looked like he had managed to get maybe one or two hours of sleep and that was better than nothing so Suyun decided to not bug him about it. She pulled her book out of her bag and then pulled out her phone to listen to music, totally forgetting that she had text Leo hours ago. She her phone, just expecting to go straight to the music and spend five minutes trying to find the right song, but instead she was greeted by three texts from Leo.

From: Taekwoon sunbaenim

Fighting!

From: Taekwoon sunbaenim

Kangnam wants to know if you want to go out for a drink tonight

From: Taekwoon sunbaenim

If you don’t want to go with him, do you want to go with me?

Suyun stared at her phone with wide eyes, sweaty palms and her heart was beating so hard she thought it might actually explode from her chest. Suyun looked over to her manager, who still seemed a bit angry with her about threatening to snitch on him, but she was sure that she would be able to sweet talk him a little bit.

From: Love-E Suyun

I’ll go with you. Just have to talk to my manager. See you in a few hours.