Seventy

Blue Blossom

">

Her manager showed up with all of her medical information just in time for Suyun to be taken into the X-ray room. Leo was with her the whole time and only left her side when he was forced to. Her manager demanded to know what happened and although skeptical, he believed his story about the guy bumping into her.

“I should call her father…he’s in Seoul….but I can’t speak English…” Leo cursed under his breath as he looked through Suyun’s contacts and found her brothers number. He hated that he couldn’t speak English to communicate when them. Leo remembered how Mark flaunted their differences and now that he was faced with it, he hated to admit that Mark was right. So instead Leo called Mark even though it pained him to do it.

Oh hey Suyun, what’s up?” Mark said casually and Leo let out a heavy sigh.

“Mark it’s me…Taekwoon.” Leo clenched and unclenched his hand as he walked back and forth in the hallway outside of the x-ray room.

“Why are you calling from Suyuns phone…what’s wrong?” Mark was becoming panicked because he knew that Leo wouldn’t call him for no good reason.

“Suyun is in the hospital getting x-rays done on her shoulder. Can I text you her brothers number and you can call them and get them to come down to the hospital.”

“Why can’t you do it?”

“They only speak English.” Leo admitted and he heard Mark scoff.

“Text me the number.” Mark said in a stern tone and Leo was about to thank him until Mark opened his mouth again. “You’re useless.” Mark hung up and Leo stood there, slowly lowering the phone from his ear as he stared off into the distance. That was how he felt. Useless. He couldn’t even protect Suyun from something like a person bumping into her. Leo sent Jason’s number to Mark and then sat down on one of the over sterile seats in the hallway. He hung his head and just sat there waiting for any news. Twenty minutes passed  and Leo hadn’t moved from his spot.

YOU!” Leo heard a voice call out and he saw Jason and Suyun’s father charging towards him. He stood up to greet them but Jason just reached out and grabbed Leo by the collar of his shirt. Jason slammed Leo against the wall. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER?!” Jason screamed at him and two nurses came over to try and settle the situation. Leo just grabbed onto Jason’s wrists and tried to get the younger man to let go of him.

“Yo! Jason, let him go.” Mark appeared out of now where and forced Jason to let go of Leo who just silently glared at the two men. What happened, Taekwoon?” Mark asked, looking deadly serious.

“Some guy bumped into her and she dislocated her shoulder again when she fell.”  Leo looked to her father who couldn’t even bring himself to look at anyone and was just staring at Suyun’s manager who was talking to a nurse. Mark relayed the message to Jason who scoffed. “I don’t care if he believes me or not; it’s the truth. Now excuse me.” Leo bowed to her father and walked over to her manager. “Excuse me, can you tell me what’s going on with Suyun?”

“She tore some ligaments in her shoulder. To repair it she’s going to have to have surgery but she is refusing.” Her manager sighed and looked to her family who were waiting by patiently. “I better go tell them. Can you go talk some sense into her?” He asked Leo who just nodded his head and walked into her room. Suyun was sitting in her bed with her back in a sling.

“Suyun…” Leo walked over and stood by her bed.

“I can’t have the surgery yet. I’m in the middle of promotions.” Suyun said since she knew exactly what he was going to say.

“Your health is more important than promotions.” Leo sighed and sat down on the side of her bed, making the mattress dip a little.

“My carelessness has only held Hanbi back.” Suyun looked to Leo with a clear determination in her eyes. “Can you get the doctor for me? I need to ask him some questions.” Although Leo wanted to fight her on this, he just nodded his head and went to look for the doctor. This was the only thing he could do for her. He brought the doctor and stood by Suyun as she asked him questions. “How long can I go without having the surgery?”

“We suggest you have it as soon as possible.” He doctor said as he held a clipboard in his hands which had all of her information on it.

“Yes, but how long can I actually go without having it without permanent damage?” Suyun asked and Leo looked at her.

“Realistically…five days maximum.” The doctor sighed as he knew that Suyun wanted to hold off on it. “Look, if you’re afraid of having surgery you should know that you will be knocked out for the procedure. The only pain you would feel would be after the surgery and we will prescribe you high dosages of pain medication to help you deal with that.”

“I don’t care about the pain. This means I can record my music video for ‘Climbing Ivy’ in two days and continue promoting with Hanbi for the rest of the week.” Suyun let out a calm sigh and she had a small smile on her face. “How soon after surgery can I go back to work?”

“Most patients can go back to work after a week but their arm has to continuously stay in a sling for up to two months.” The doctor looked frustrated. “But Suyun-shi, we do highly recommend that you have the surgery as soon as tomorrow so your recovery can go by faster.”

“Tomorrow is too soon. They need someone to replace me for the promotions. Five days is enough time to get someone. You can book the surgery for then.” Suyun nodded her head and the doctor left.

“Suyun…you should really think about getting the surgery as soon as possible.” Leo said and Suyun pressed her lips into a thin line.

“I would if I could, but there are things I need to get done before that.” Suyun swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up by Leo’s side.

“I called your father by the way….well…more like Mark did.” Leo weakly smiled.

“My father is angry…isn’t he?” Suyun winced, thinking about the scolding she was sure to get.

“Jason was actually angrier about it….I don’t think your family likes me anymore.” Leo rubbed the back of his neck as they walked out of the room.

“Why not?”

“I think they suspect that I might have been the one to hurt you.” Leo didn’t even like the thought of possibly hurting Suyun. It made him sick to his stomach.

“That’s crazy, you would never hurt me. Jason is just over reacting.” Suyun laughed and when they walked around the corner they saw Mark, Jason and her father standing in a little group talking rapid-fire English to each other.

Sue!” Jason happily called out and went to his sister’s side, forcing Leo to be away from her. Suyun scolded Jason for acting that way and laid out the whole story to everyone so they could get their facts right. It took a lot of convincing, but Jason finally believed Suyun and his hate for Leo grew a little less. Jason and her father headed back to the hotel leaving Mark, Leo and Suyun alone.

“Come on Suyun, we’re heading back home. Mark if you need a ride then let’s go.”  Suyun’s manager left the building and Mark followed after him.

“I think we need to spend a little time apart.” Leo said as the two of them were left standing there alone.

“W-What are you saying…” Suyun looked to him wide, scared eyes.

“I’m not breaking up with you, idiot.” Leo chuckled and lightly flicked Suyun’s forehead making her scrunch up her face. “I’m just saying that maybe we shouldn’t see each other face-to-face for a while. Don’t worry, I will come and visit you after your surgery.” Leo leaned down and placed a quick peck on her lips. “Now get going before your manager leaves you.” He and Suyun headed to the parking lot where she hopped into the van with Mark and the two drove off. Leo waved goodbye to the van until it was gone from view. His hand fell to his side and the smile that he had been forcing disappeared. In a foul mood, Leo got into his car and headed back to his dorm where he locked himself away in his room, under his covers and pretended to sleep. When the others came to try and get him to talk about what happened, Leo just pretended to sleep or mumbled 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I am delaying the fluff for like....1-2 more chapters XD 

sorry~ Let me give you a hint for what is coming up

guess the palce huehue