Thirty Nine

Blue Blossom

The rest of the day Suyun just simply spent time with her brothers. They went out for lunch and walked along the beach as Suyun shared her stories of Korea and Daniel shared his about New York. Jason was fascinated with all of it as he hoped to move out of LA one day He also joked about wanting to audition at Korean entertainment companies and become an idol which quickly shot down. There was no way she was going to allow her brother to enter the same kind of world she was in. He wouldn’t last ten minutes.

Occasionally throughout the day people would recognise Suyun but no one would approach her. They would all just take pictures from afar and freak out that they saw an idol up close and personal. It was a little frustrating for Suyun but she was used to it. Her brothers on the other hand were enraged at how people were acting and they decided to just go home.

How are you okay with people just gawking at you like that?” Daniel asked as he drove the three of them home. Suyun just shrugged and said it was an occupational hazard. Suyun and Jason were sitting in the back while Daniel drove and they took possibly over three hundred pictures just on the drive home.

Don’t post any ugly ones online, my company will be super mad at you.” It wasn’t true but Suyun just didn’t want a hideous picture of her floating around on the internet for everyone to see. Her phone started ringing in her pocket and Suyun pulled it out and saw that Leo was calling her.

“Hi oppa.” Suyun said and Jason squealed in the seat beside her. She sent him a deadly glare and Jason pretended to zip his lips and throw away the key.

“Hey. How is life in LA?” Leo was sitting in the salon getting his hair slightly trimmed and trying out makeup for their soon approaching comeback.

“It’s amazing, I might never leave.” Suyun said while laughing.

“Yah, don’t say that.” The two of them laughed at each other and how silly they sounded. “So, how’s your mom doing?”

“She looks weak but she is still pretty much the same.” Suyun weakly smiled as she remembered that while she was having fun with her brothers that her mother was lying in a hospital and dying.

“Well that’s good. Why does your mom think I look scary?” Leo scoffed as he remembered that he was told to act cute by his girlfriend’s mom.

“She says you look like a gangster because your eyes are intense.” Suyun burst out laughing when she heard Leo sigh on the other end of the phone.

“How am I supposed to change my eyes? Do I need to get plastic surgery for her to like me?” It was only a joke but Suyun went on a two minute rant about how he was perfect the way he was and that he didn’t need any surgery. “Okay, I wasn’t really going to do it. Is there a chance for me to meet your mom sometime?” Leo suddenly asked and Suyun she just sat there.

Meet her, how would you meet her?

“I have no idea what you just said.”

“Oh, sorry. I said how would you be able to meet her.”

“I don’t know…call her or something? There is no way I would be able to go to America since we are getting ready for a comeback, but I would like to at least talk to her once. Does she speak Korea or would your translate?” Leo was asking a million questions but Suyun was still stuck on the idea of how to introduce her boyfriend to her sickly mother.

“She speaks Korean but it’s a little off since she doesn’t speak it every day…I guess we could do a video chat or something…” Suyun was thinking of all the possible ways that Leo could talk to her mother but all of them seemed to go badly since her father was stuck to his wifes bedside at all times.

HELLO SUE’S BOYFRIEND!” Jason screamed into the phone and Suyun swiftly punched Jason in the ribs.

“My ear!” Leo whined as he held the phone away from his ear.

“Sorry about that, Jason was just saying ‘hey’ even though he didn’t have to scream it.” Suyun said as she and Jason were now having a full blown fight in the back of the car with Daniel screaming at them to stop or he would leave them on the side of the road.

“You sound like you’re having fun. Anyways I have to go, tell me how to talk with your mother idea works out, okay?”

“Sure thing. Love you.”

I LOVE YOU TOO MYSTERIOUS BOYFRIEND!”

“SHUT UP JASON!”

“DON’T BE JEALOUS JUST BECAUSE YOUR BOYFRIEND LOVES ME MORE.”

“BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP OR I AM GOING TO KICK YOU OUT OF THE CAR!”

“DANIELLLLLLLLL SUE IS PINCHING ME!”

“DON’T BE SUCH A BABY!”  Leo just hung up the phone while laughing at how energetic Suyun sounded. Before the left to LA, she sounded like a robot just going through the motions of human existence. Leo personally was very close to all of his family members and couldn’t imagine being separated from them for more than a few months.  

The week flew by for Suyun as she spent lots of time with her family. Every morning she would go see her mother and spend a few hours with her before going off with her brothers. Every day Suyun would take a picture with her mother and every day she lovingly looked at those photos as her mother smiled brightly despite the war going on inside of her. Leo and her mother did facetime and had a nice, long discussion. Jason had dragged their father out of the hospital on a tea run since their mom often complained how there was no good tea in the hospital. The conversation between Leo and Suyun’s mother was much more than she expected. Leo was very polite and respectful to her mother and even tried to act cute when she asked for it even though it always ended with Leo hanging his head and laughing awkwardly. When the call ended her mother said that she actually liked Leo and wholeheartedly approved of him dating her only daughter. Leo also liked talking to her mother as he loved the way she said exactly what was on her mind.

Suyun made it back to Seoul Saturday night and she had to drag her huge suitcase full of useless trinkets. Paparazzi, her fans and a few managers were waiting for Suyun. It was weird to suddenly be back into her idol life after she just spent a week yelling at her brother about drinking all of the milk. Suyun graciously took a few gifts from her fans as they shoved it in her face. Her managers got her into the van and Suyun let out a heavy sigh of relief.  

“You got a tan.” One of the managers said and Suyun just chuckled. She didn’t know how to respond to him and his weird statement. Yeah, she got a tan. It was a little difficult not to when vacationing in LA.

To: Taekwoon~Oppa~
Ah~ I love the smell of Seoul’s fog!

To: My SuSu
Can we see each other tonight?

To: Taekwoon~Oppa~
Maybe.

To: My SuSu
I need to see you. It’s been too long since I’ve last seen you.

To: Taekwoon~Oppa~
I will be able to sneak out around midnight tonight.

To: My SuSu
Deal. I’ll pick you up.

To: Taekwoon~Oppa~
You’re borrowing someone’s car?

To: My SuSu
I will borrow a tank if that means I get to see you tonight

To: Taekwoon~Oppa~
Pick me up around midnight around the corner from my apartment.

To: My SuSu
It’s a date. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having trouble picking a song for Ara to perform at the concert...hmmmmmmmmmm..........so many choices........