Goodbye Dad

Boys In Luv

Yerin P.O.V

I was getting ready for Grandpa's funeral. I tried to be strong for Mom since I knew she was breaking. I cried silently as I fixed my clothing in the mirror. Why do we keep losing people. My Mom is such a strong women. She lost a lot and she still manages to be an amazing mother. "Oh my god1" I shrieked. I felt Junghyun wrap his arms around my waist. "Are you ok baby girl?" He whispered in my ear. I turned around and smiled at him. "I'm ok.." I pressed my lips on to his. Then I pulled away to catch my breath. "Its time to go.." He wrapped his arm around my waist and we went to the funeral home. 

"Mom, do you need help?" I asked as she was setting up. She shook her head and walked away. I sighed heavily. She's been like this a lot lately. Quiet, distant. Even to Dad.. "Just give her time.." I heard Dad say. I turn to look at him with sad eyes. "I just don't want Mom to feel like she's alone.." He gave me a tight hug. "She doesn't feel alone. She just doesn't want to look weak in front of you. She doesn't want you to feel like you have to take care of her.." 
"I don't feel like that. She just lost her Dad. I get that she's sad.." I said. "Good, now what you and I can both do is just be there for her.." 

Sumin P.O.V

I feel bad about just avoiding Yerin. I just don't wanna burst into tears infront of her. "Your speech prepared?" I asked the boys. They both nodded. 

"Thank you everyone for coming here to say goodbye to my Father Baek Sunghyung. My Brothers and I prepared speeches, so please give a round of applause for our oldest brother Baek Sungmin.." Everyone clapped and Sungmin stood up. "Thank you everyone for coming.. Hello everyone, I am Baek Sungmin, the oldest Son in our family. I am the one who will be taking over my Fathers company and continuing what he started, Baek Sunghyung was a great man, a great Father. He fell off for a while but he got right back on track to make sure we could have a Father. He spoiled us, he made sure we had a roof over our heads, he made sure we never went to bed hungry. He taught us how to go on in life without him and our Mother. Although it will be hard, we'll all make it through.. Thank you.." Everyone clapped and it was my turn. I wiped away tears that were coming out of my eyes. "Our Father.. Was a great man. He raised us alone and he taught me a lot of life lessons. If it wasn't for him I would probably be held up in my room not wanting to talk, eat, or be social. But he taught me to be strong and yes there will be hard times but because he gave me 3 amazing brothers, gifted with many wonderful friends and an amazing daughter, I won't have to make it alone. Even though life will be harder without him, I know I won't be alone and he'll always be here.." I set my hand on my heart. "He'll be watching over us.." 

After the funeral we had to go to clear out Dad's stuff at his house. "Noona!" Sungi called. "What??" 
"You might wanna see this.." I went to where he is and saw Sungmin holding a box full of letters. "This one has yours and Yerin's name on it.." Sunhyung handed me a two envelopes. I set down Yerin's and opened mine. 

To my beautiful Daughter Sumin. 

By the time you're reading this I would've already passed. I'm so sorry for leaving you alone when your Mother died. You were going through so much and I only thought of myself. You had to witness her murder. You've also been through so much with your friends. You are a hero Sumin! You are such a strong women. You definately got your fighting skills from your Mother. You got rid of your Mother's killer. You've been hurt countless times but you made it. I cannot express how proud I am. Keep fighting sweetie. I wish you and Taehyung the best. Take care of my Granddaughter Yerin! 
I love you so so much!

Tears were dripping on the paper. I'm gonna keep fighting. For him.. 

 

WHen we got back home I went to Yerin's room. "Hey Mom.." She greeted. "Hey.." I sat on her bed. "Look sweetie, I'm sorry if I've worried you in anyway and made myself distant--" She cut me off. "I know Mom.. We lost Grandpa and you were sad. I know.." I smiled at her. Looking at Yerin I see my old self. "By the way, when Uncle and I were clearing out Grandpa's house we found this.." I handed her the letter with her name on it. "He wrote one to all of us and one for you.." I said. 

Yerin P.O.V

"I'll let you read it..' she patted my back and left. I opened the envelope and began reading. 

My lovely Granddaughter Yerin, sweetie you remind me so much of your Mother when she was your age. You have the same attitutde, same smirk, same fighting skills... Same heart. Don't put to much pressure on your Mom and Dad. Study hard in school and stay out of trouble. Now that I am gone you and your Father need to keep an eye on your Mom. She'll need you guys now more then ever. I'm sorry you never got to meet your Grandmother. She was amazing. She would've spoiled you. I wish you and Junnghyun the best~! Hmm? You didn't think I knew about that huh? I love you Yerin! 

I wiped away my tears and nicely put the letter back in the envelope. I will Grandpa. I will take care of everyone.. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So after this I'm gonna write the kids Graduations and then the marriage's and then the story will end! :( Subscribe? COMMENT!!?? upvote

-asian12