Leaving her home.

luminosity

The boys took her to the clocktower, and waited for her as she got all her things.


While she was packing her luggage, her thoughts suddenly dawned on her. As she shut her door, she walked towards her imos room, and entered. She looked at the grand portrait of her imo that stood in the middle of the room.


"Imo, I will miss you. Even though you treated me harshly all these years, you helped raise me.. And I can't thank you enough. Rest in peace" Dara pressed her middle and index fingers to her lips, and then pressed them on the portrait.


On her way to the door, she stumbled on a placid floorboard. As she got up she saw that it was strangely crooked, and she moved it away. She gasped as she saw a large sundial that was hidden beneath the floorboards.


"What the?... Oh wait a minute!!" Dara stood up, and went straight towards the curtains.


Pulling them apart, the sunlight seeped steadily into the room. It lined up with the sundial, and Dara moved the needle to meet both ends of the light. She heard a soft click, and she lifted it up. A small entryway was revealed, and without a moment of hesitation, she journeyed down it.


The passage led into a small crooked room, the walls were covered with old newspaper clippings, ancient maps, there were old antiques, and a small observation area.


"W-what the?! You can see my room from here!! D-don't tell me imo used this room to spy on me! B-but why?" She turned, and knocked over an old wooden box.


It crashed unto the ground, and three items fell out: An old dainty black key, a pair of brown goggles, and a short parchment of paper. Daras eyes widened in astonishment, as she began to read it:


"Dear Min Jung, please take care of our beloved daughter. Hard times are coming, and I believe that something will happen to my husband, something that is beyond me. And when that time comes, I want you to care for her, as if she was your own child. Of course she does not understand who I really am, and what is happening.. But one day I believe that she will find out for herself. Please entrust her with these items, and one last request: Please tell her that I love her very much, and that I am sorry. 


Dara looked for her mothers signature, but the paper was torn.


"..." Her eyes became watery, and she tried to fight her tears back.


She heard shuffling from behind her, and she grabbed an old antique vase from the table.


"Who's there?!" She lifted the vase up slowly, and was prepared to throw it at any moment.


"Whoa, whoaa.. Relax! Relax! It's just me" Kai appeared from the shadows of the passageway.


"Yahh! Don't do that! What if I really hit you?" Kai walked towards her, and wiped her eyes slowly.


"You've been crying, what's wrong?... Did you miss me that much?" Dara gave him a light punch.


"Yahh! Insensitive jerk!!" She had begun walking away, when he caught her arm.


"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I'll stop... But really if something's wrong.. I won't be snoopy, and pry into your privacy. But if you ever need a hug, I'll be your teddybear.." Kai hid his face with his arm, and turned away.


! I can't believe i just said that!! Ugh... What was I thinking?! Now she's going to think that I'm some corny flirtacious idiot!! Kai thought, still unable to look at her.


"Hehe, soo.. The jerk has some decency!! Well.. I'm fine really, I'm a strong girl" And with that, she stuck her tongue out at him, and exited the tiny room, earning a soft chuckle from Kai.


I swear this girl really is something else, if the day ever comes when she becomes weak, fragile, and she cries her heart out. I will pull her close, and never let her go. He thought as he followed her up the passageway.

-------------------------------------------------------


Dara looked up at the large towering institute that was only visible to the ones with the "sight", it was a dark grey, the large columns held roman influence, and the glass was tinted.


"Dara, are you sure you don't want me to carry that for you?" Chanyeol asked, looking at the luggage she was dragging.


"Aniyo! I have the strong reflexes of a man! See, look how I flex!" Dara and Chanyeol both chortled, as they entered the building.


------------------------------------------------

hello ~! This'll be the last chapter i shall leave you with until friday maybe.. I have a super busy scehdule tmw + a bio test i have to study for.. soo mianhe! ^^" please wait till then! 


image

jashfjakshdfa i absolutely adore chansoo <3