The carnival: pt.1

luminosity

Darkness consumed the entire plains, demons of every demeanor growled, faught, roared, and consumed one another. Blood had been spilt throughout the entire land, and it was just a sea of nothingness. In the midst of all the chaos stood a tall ajoining citadel that was unharmed, and untouched. Those who wished to cause an inconvenience to the masters of the palace, would doubtfully pay the price. 


The man whose appearance bore ressemblance to a joker entered through a twisting portal. He walked down the narrow and crooked corridor, the walls were a darkening gray, the tiles were black and white, black roses were scattered everywhere, and an emptiness had filled every nook and cranny of the building.


He entered the large ominous room that had been dimly lit by an array of candles. Ravens and crows were perched upon hinges above the walls, dark burgundy curtains were draped across the shattered glass windows, nothing but an overbearing bookcase, a sleek leather couch, and a rusty antique piano remained in the room. The man took a seat as he waited for the masters of the citadel.


"Lucien my friend, how are you?" A raspy and deep voice bellowed from the doorway.


The man was clearly cloaked, almost every visible feature of his was completely hidden, only his slightly upturned mouth had remnants and traces of scars, and gashes and dark strings held them together. Another figure had appeared beside him, but this time he was clearer. His short hair was a darkening brownish red, but his eyes and half of his face were covered entirely by a white mask. He wore a a smirk on his face, and his outfit was merely a stylish leather suit.


"Sir, I'm afraid she has found the boys... Well at least, half of them. They are starting to obtain their powers sire, one has killed my beloved pet, and the other murdered the demon girl.." Lucien explained.


"Lucien, Lucien, Lucien, do not fret my kind friend... Soon enough I will pull her out of her reverie, and she will join me.." He let out a maniacal laugh.


"And she... She will be mine.." The masked boy said.


"But sir, what do you presume I do?" Lucien asked.


"This time you will prepare to face them yourself. The area where we murdered the faerie, the circus. I'm sure that that's where they will be going next.." He snickered, as joker like man gave him a nod, and vanished.


With the snap of a finger another presence appeared in the room. His gloomy eyes were piercing and luminous, his face was entirely concealed by a satin black mask, and his whole ensemble had blended in with the darkened environment around them.


"You called master?" The boy said.


"My blessed warrior, soon enough you will be released... And they will fear for their very own lives.." The man said.


"As you wish, sire" 


----------------------------------------

(the next few chapters are inspired by Night circus, I just love that book <3)

After consulting with the professor, Dara and the six boys decided to take a break from investigating.


The bright sun greeted the six boys and Dara, as they made their way towards the large binding white gates of the carnival. Dara had presented each of them with a ticket because she coincidentally had seven, and the circus had come at least twice a month. 


Towering over the whole event was a large overbearing clock, every bit of detail was delicately handcrafted showing the silhouette figures of every performer. And a large portion of the clock was illuminated with bright twinkling stars.


Each tent contained an array of brilliant performers, magicians, contortionists, lion tamers, dancers, clowns, illusionists, and many more.


Dara and Sehun had excitedly ran from tent to tent.


"Noona! Let's go here!! Ohh~! No here!!" Sehun exclaimed.


"Yahh! Maknae you're going to break my arm!" She said, as he pulled her towards another tent.


"Hehe look at those two, they're finally having some good bonding time~!" Suho said.


I wanna have fun with Dara too. Chanyeol frowned. And just then, Sehun came rushing back to them, pulling Dara back towards them.


"Hyung!! Give noona a piggy back!! She's soo short, what if she gets lost?" Sehun said.


"Yah! I'm not that short!! No it's fine.. Chanyeol you don't have t-" Chanyeol had already picked her up and placed her on his back, she let out a gasp, and she gripped his shoulders tightly.


He turned around and gazed at her, her eyes were shut close, and she held unto him closer and tighter. This is heaven. He thought, smiling with joy.


"What's wrong Dara?" Baekhyun said, studying her face.


"I-I was just surprised t-that's all!.. Uhmm.. Chanyeol?"


"Yes Dara?" He asked.


"Please don't drop me!" 


"I'll never let go Dara" He smiled, as she loosened her grip.


"Yahh! You tall person! You had better not drop my little angel!" Kai suddenly blurted out.


She must be scared of heights... Chanyeol thought.


"K-Kai! Shikkeuro! Ch-Chanyeol d-don't listen to him!! H-He's crazy!!" She stuttered, gripping unto him for dear life.


"Dara, relax.. Kai is spouting nonsense, he's the one that will drop you!" He said, earning a glare from Kai.


"And besides.. That is such a lie, you're my little angel, not his" He muttered to himself.


"Mwo?" She asked, as he shook his head and continued walking.

 


----------------------------------------------------

annyeung~! i'm super sorry for this boring chapter, but i had to set it up like this for preparation of the next following chapters :)

soo please look forward to the next chapter which i will post on thursday most likely ^-^

tumblr_m5s4n4mfNh1rw0ueyo1_400.gif