The carnival: pt.6

luminosity

"! Of course!! He used a puppet! Why didn't we think of that earlier?!" Baekhyun said.


"Well, I don't know... Considering the fact that, that thing was a complete replica of him. And, it had no strings!" Dara said, crossing her arms.


"We have to go back! C'mon!! We have to search this whole tent!!" Baekhyun said.


"Are you crazy?! We can get out of here now!! Who knows what he's going to do to us! We're going to be surrounded by his mirrors, he has the power to manipulate everything out there!.. Further more, the two of you are seriously injured!" Dara said.


"Miss, please.. i think it's best if we listen to him... I think he's right, that man needs to be stopped!" IU nervously said, as Baekhyun found himself smiling at her.


"Don't worry, I think i know where he's hiding... Or at least where his heart may be.." he tore a piece of his jacket, and wrapped it around both of his hands.

--------------------------------------------------------

They found a passage from the room, that led back into the hall of mirrors. IUs arms wrapped around Baekhyuns neck as he carried her, and Dara stood behind them, making sure that his back was covered.


They noticed the eery silence, it felt like the whole place was abandoned and there was no evidence of anyone there. Until all of a sudden, they saw strange silhouettes forming at the edge of the mirrors that were surrounding them. Shadows. Dara quickly helped IU off of Baekhyun, as he began to create cracks in the ceiling once again.


"How is that going to work, when my shadows are in the mirrors?" The joker like mans voice howled from he distance.


Dara stared in horror, as the shadow in the mirrors reflection came closer, and closer to her... And then it grabbed her by the neck, hoisting her upwards. Again she felt the invisible force, gripping her neck with an intense fix and she lost her grasp of the crystal sword.


IU rapidly reached for the sword, before it could touch the ground. She struck the mirror that was in front of them, the glass shards exploded unto the ground, and the mirror shattered into a million pieces. The shadow gradually faded away letting go of Dara who fell unto the sharp jagged pieces. She screamed as she felt the pieces pierce into her skin.


"Crap! If we break any more mirrors, we'll die from the loss of blood!" Baekhyun said.


And Kai will seriously murder me when he sees that Dara got hurt... We need to find a way to strike him somehow.. There must be way.. Wait a minute. He brushed his bangs aside,  leaving a trace of red on his forehead.


"Given up soo easily I see. Would it be better if I just killed you rapidly? I promise it will be less painful" The mans voice evoked with laughter.


"As oppose to slow and painful? Which will happen to you soon enough" Baekhyun said.


He twisted his palm and rays of light shot through the ceiling.


"Dara, if you can.. Shatter more glass!! IU stay behind me!" He said, as Dara took out tiny fragments of glass from her skin, and then she made her way to the crystal sword and picked it up.


Mirror after mirror broke.. Shattering into millions and millions of pieces.. Dara struck every mirror, and ignored the pain from the glass shards that were now embezzled in her skin.


Baekhyun stared at her in horror, and then the chants began to cantillate in his head.


Careless... Shoot anonymous.. Heartless.. Mindless.... No one will care about you....


D-DARA!! Baekhyun thought, as lines and lines of sunlight began to pour into the tent.


Because the broken glass was now dispersed on the floor, the lights had refracted, and were now being reflected in every direction.


"IU, Dara! Cover your eyes!!" He said, as his eyes scanned the area.


The beams of light all seemed to point in one direction.. The innermost mirror that stood at the far end of the tent.


"What the hell are you doing to my tent?! WHAT THE HELL?!" The mans voice sounded distraught.


"Dara, when I say destroy the mirror, destroy it okay?" Baekhyun pointed to the mirror and Dara nodded.


Baekhyun mustered every last bit of energy he had, and gripped his right wrist. With the wave of his fingers and the push of his right hand, an enormous amount of light revolted from his palm. It scattered, shooting straight at the mirror.


"NOW! DO IT NOW!!" Baekhyun shouted, as Dara impelled the crystal sword against the sheer mirror, before the light could touch it.


The glass imploded off the mirror, revealing the shadow of the joker like man. The light had stricken through the battered mirror, and completely tore through him.


His figure became enflamed, and the light engulfed every fiber of his being.. Leaving nothing but a thrash of smoke, and a joker card.


"YES!! WE DID IT!! WE DID I-" Dara stopped, as she saw baekhyun collapse unto the ground.

---------------------------------

"Baekhyun... Baekhyun.. Please wake up.."


His eyelids opened very slowly, everything was a blur. He moderately drew his hands, and saw that they were wrapped with bandages. And to his surprise, a familiar figure immediately gave him a hug.


"Omo! You're okay! Thank goodness!" Her soft and sweet voice was music to his ears.



"IU" He smiled, and gazed at her.


Bandaids had covered at least most of her face, the gash on her lip was now a large cut, and her bruises were covered with taped up patches. She's still soo cute. Baekhyun thought, as a grin had begun to form on his face.


"Y-you did everything you could to save me... I owe you my life" She said, carefully brushing his bangs away from his eyes.


"My sister.. She, she was one of the creatures that was murdered in the newspaper.. I-I didn't think that he'd come after me as well. I believe that he was the one that commited all these faulty crimes.." She said, struggling to hold her tears back.


"No, I think.. I think there's a bigger picture here.. But IU, I'm glad that you're safe and okay.. Thank goodness he didn't finish the job" He said, as he tried his best to move his fingers towards her face.


"Don't..." She said, as she cupped his cheeks, and stared deeply into his dark brown orbs.


"I-I can't stay for long... They'll be looking for me soon, after they hear what happened" She said, as she stood up from his bed.


I can't do this.. She will kill me if I let this happen.. Yes IU, just believe that you enchanted him, like all the other faeries do to humans.. You can't have possibly fallen for him right? Faeries and humans cannot coexist and be together... B-but.. What is this feeling deep inside my heart?.. B-Baekhyun has powers, that means he's not a normal human... Maybe we can be tog- Her thoughts began racing, as he mustered enough strength to grip her hand.


"Please, don't go..." Baekhyun pleaded.


IU wiped a tear that had begun to fall from her right eyes, and turned back to face Baekhyun. She inched closer to his face, and he felt her soft and tender lips press against his cheek.


"I promise... We'll meet again!" She said with an angelic smile, before disappearing into the halls of the hospital.


Baekhyun shifted to his left side, as a tear ran down his right cheek. 


She's a faerie... Faeries and humans are not meant to be.. He thought, closing his eyes and falling asleep.


----------------------------------------

How was the baekhyun/IU couple soo far? (:

Soo much updates done today~! I feel soo accomplished :'D

Please comment & subscribe ~! ^-^


tumblr_m5u44wW80H1rs97fco1_500.gif

Baekhyun & IU <3

tumblr_lz6wld0Ex81qco8lqo1_500.gif