The ball: pt.3 Lay & Chen.

luminosity


As Dara and the two boys descended the grand staircase, she stared longingly at the amount of food that was spread upon the large table.


"Yeol, Kai, I'll be right back okay?"


"But why can't we come with you?" Chanyeol pouted.


"Because I don't want you both to see me stuffing myself with food!" She giggled, and turned away, disappearing into the wave of masked figures.


Dara stopped directly in front of the table filled with an abundance of food, and her stomach softly grumbled with hunger.


"The food is simply delicious, but I'd suggest that you take it slow though. Some of these foods are of different origins" A voice resounded from behind her, making Dara turn her head in surprise.


She gasped as she saw a boy who looked to be about the same age as her. He had bright sparkling brown eyes, a cute dimple, pale skin, and light brown tethered hair. In other words, he was extremely handsome, and he was dressed in a dark purple suit that was accompanied with a purple mask.


"Ah, thank you!" Dara smiled, with a flush in her cheeks.


"But perhaps the little lady would like a dance before she devours the whole table?" He grinned, showing off his cute little dimple, and Dara couldn't resist.


"Alright" She grabbed his hand and they joined the crowd of people dancing in the middle of the ballroom.


"So, miss.. You are looking incredibly lovely this evening. But I'm curious to know your name, and why you're here" He asked politely, as he touched her hand.


His palm was warm to touch, and Dara felt a small jolt of shock as their fingers collided. And he slowly pulled her closer, as if she was as delicate as a single rose petal.


"You're not going to stalk me right?" Dara joked, and found him laughing.


"Ah, of course not! Although that does seem very very tempting... I am wearing a mask after all, hehe. But no, my name is Yixing. In your case, call me Lay. I'm glad I met such an exquisite lady tonight" He took his mask off, bowed, and she felt a hinge of embarassment.


Ah, what a gentleman! A very... Very good looking gentleman! 


"Annyeung, choneun Sandara Park imnida.. but call me Dara for short!" She curtsied, and continued to dance with him.


Meanwhile, stares were becoming almost evident, and an aura of pure disdain drew closeby.


"Augh, what the hell?! Why does Yixing get to be the first to meet her?!!! I'm the damn leader for goodness sake!!" The boy with the deep voice, and handsome face complained.


"Patience duizhang, you'll get to have your chance with her by the end of this night" The boy with dark eyes transfixed his attention to Dara.


Kai dropped his gaze almost instantly when he saw the scene before him, and he almost stomped on a woman's foot.


"What the hell is this?! WHO THE HELL IS THAT?!" Kai bellowed, making Chanyeol drop his dessert.


"Aish, Kamjjong!!!!! You made me drop my choco- WHAT DOES THAT GUY THINK HE'S DOING?! TOUCHING MY LITTLE YEOBO!" Chanyeol forgot about his chocolate pastry, and cracked his knuckles.


Dara was giggling, she looked like she was having the time of her life as Lay spun her around, and continued to dance with her.


Before Kai or Chanyeol could interrupt Dara and her mysterious partner, Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's shoulder, while IU grabbed Kai's arm.


"Don't even think about starting something here guys, I don't want to be kicked out." Baekhyun said.


"You see those gargoyles up there?" IU pointed upwards, and Kai followed her finger.


Sure enough gruesome looking creatures that were embelished with rough textures and made entirely out of stone stared back at him.... Dark piercing black eyes that flickered gave hint that there was life behind the still creatures.


"If anyone were to cause the slightest mischief or havoc.... You'd be turned into stone in an instant!" IU whispered to Kai.


Chanyeol and Kai growled and tried to continously give the boy dirty glances.


Further in the ballroom was Yubin, she was waiting patiently for Suho to get a carmalized pig blood drink.


... I really don't know what I'll do if I find out Jessica is supposedly here.... Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft tap on her shoulder.


"Hmm?" Yubin turned and she looked up and met gazes with a strange boy.


"Uh, did you need something?" She studied his appearance.


He had pale luminescent skin, dark brown orbs, and dark chesnut hair that was gelled upwards. He was wearing a black suit accompanied with a simple white tie, and a midnight blue mask.


"Hmm, well... I thought that the most beautiful looking lady in the ball should be honoured to have a dance with me." He winked.


"Most beautiful? Honoured to dance with you? What a way to flatter someone." She said with a smirk.


"Is it working?" He asked, and she felt herself let out a giggle.


"Alright! Alright... But not that long, I'm waiting for someone." She took his hand, and he lead her towards the group of dancing people.


"Don't you worry little lady. By the time you see my dancing skills, you'll forget about this of yours." 


 

-----------------

Omo, authornim needs to learn to stop apologizing... Ahh, but please excuse me for not updating for the longest time! I had to write more of what happened during the ball & that's where I got stuck... OTL. I've edited this chapter at least 20 times... Gah! Writer's craft has made me more critical with everything, so .... One more sorry! :( 

But I will try my best to write more! So please subscribe & comment (:

Saranghae to all my subbies that continue to read this story <3 

tumblr_mjubqzbWOu1rblf33o1_500.gif
 

tumblr_mjr4futkh91s5vta1o1_500.gif