Chapter 28

Yesterday Mistakes

“Who is Mari that you just said last night,Baek?”

“Who is Mari?” Baekhyun that was eating just gave a little respons. He didn’t want to share the stories about his wife eventhough it’s just takes you in introducing to Minseok as a friend or whatever. Didn’t want his wife was being recognized here.

“You were the one that mentioned her, why you asks me?”

“Mari is my niece maybe.”

“Oh,yeah? Your niece? Or… the future mother to your kids? It must be your girlfriend. Just tell me the story,Baek. I want to know too.” Minseok sounded like he was desperate.

It’s true that she is the mother to my kids. Baekhyun reminded about his pregnant wife. Last night, after he decided to call off, he didn’t got to call his wife.

“There’s nothing to tell about.”

“You’re so mean. It’s just your girlfriend that you want to hide.”

“What to hide, I don’t have any girlfriend. You can find me one.” Baekhyun tried making joke.

“You’re lying! No girlfriend? Who knows you might be more disaster than me?” Minseok gulped his drink. He looked at the front door of the cafeteria. His eyes wasn’t let go of the 3 girls that walking in their own style. It’s been a long time that he was spying with these 3 girls. But these 3 girls were an arrogant persons. They just talked with some popular peoples.

“What are you looking at?”

“That 3 girls over there. Not just arrogant, I thinks the hottest one always flirting to you.” It’s not a rumor. He didn’t listened that rumor with someone’s mouths but seen it with himself. Everytime they got bumped, he noticed that girl was looking at his roommate. Sometimes he noticed that girl always follows Baekhyun everywhere he go.

“The hottest one? In the middle one? I have heard that she isn’t that too hot. Just average,” answered Baekhyun after looking at the girl that Minseok talked about.

“Not too hot? Are you kidding me?”

Baekhyun reminded about his wife’s smile. Sweet. Baekhyun reminded about his wife’s touch. Gentle and dazzling. Baekhyun reminded about his wife’s hot kisses. So seductive.

“Yah, are you dreaming? Not too hot but you already dreaming about her.”

Baekhyun shook his head. Absolutely didn’t dreaming about that girl at all. That girl is one of interests. It’s just you that always lingers in his mind. But, it’s too pity he didn’t get to call his wife. When he reminds about you, he misses it.

“It’s not her that I dreamt about,” said Baekhyun.

“Which one that attracts you the most?”

“Yah, Minseok-ah! I recommends you to choose in the right one, it’s better with you. In the middle and the left ones are not suits with you,” answered Baekhyun while laughing looking at his friend’s respons.

When he said like that, he truly meant it. He saw the girl in the right one. If he’s not wrong, her name is Luna. She looks arrogant, but there is gentleness on her face and her treatments. She rarely talks between her 2 other chingus.

When they got bumped, her smile is the sincerest, not like her 2 other chingus that their smiles were like acting up.

_____________________________________________________________________________

You cried. After last night call, you tried to close your eyes, you were more tend to cry. After the line got cut off, you went to the bedroom then lied down. You were sad. After that, your phone was ringing, indicating that there was message for you from your husband that was asking why you cut off the line. But only God knows why you got offended.

Many times that the message you read it, but his words were still the same. That guy wasn’t sending you anymore messages for you.

“How could you,oppa.” Said you alone. You stayed up until it was dawn. You were accompanied by a blue pen with a diary that was given by your dongsaeng. You spent your time over 6 hours with a book and a pen. A variety of stories that you scratched. A variety of feelings you translated it kind of like painting and writing. Your eyes didn’t asleep at all although just for awhile. Once in awhile your tears came out.

You closed the diary then stored it into the drawer. Slowly you took the towel then heading towards the bathroom. On your way, you bumped into Mrs. Byun that was also woke up from sleep.

“You’re so early to get up?” commented Mrs. Byun to her favourite daughter-in law.

“Once in awhile,omma.” You just smiled before stepping into the bathroom.

Mrs. Byun was happy seeing her daughter-in law smiling. But that smile of her daughter-in law today was like it was losing something. But she just ignored it. She didn’t want to think negatively. She quickly heading towards the kitchen then prepared some breakfast for all of them. Last night before she coming in to the bed, you asked her to cook something for the breakfast.

“You’re so early to get into the kitchen?” commented Mr. Byun.

“Want to cook some kimbap. Mari have some craving to eat this. I can cook early so that I can cook more side dishes.”

“Mari’s room is already bright, she already woke up?” Mr. Byun sat at the dining table. He glanced to his daughter-in law’s room for awhile before he got into the kitchen.

“She’s in the bathroom. She woke up early today.”

Mr. Byun nodded. More early than ever. It’s too rarely for you to wake up at dawn.

Not long after that you got out from the bathroom. You were heading to the bedroomafter you greeted to your father-in law that was gulping a drink. Without in delay, you quickly disappeared to the bedroom. You confident that your father-in law always looking at your eyes. If it continues, surely that man will asks why your eyes been swollen like that.

After you got into the bedroom, your phone was ringing. There was a message from your husband.  When you looked at your husband’s photo on the phone screen, you let the message unopened. You changed your clothes.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Mrs. Byun was running to the living room. Her phone was ringing. She was searching everywhere where she did put her phone. Fortunately it’s on the table near at the television. Her son’s name was on the screen. She smiled.

If last night she didn’t talked with her son, today she must longer than ever. She misses her only son. The most important is she wanted to send the happy news for her son. It’s nothing, just wanted to inform that her husband already checked in the money to her son’s account bank.

“Omma, mianhae for last night I have classes. I didn’t noticed that my phone was off,” said Baekhyun on the line.

“Gwenchana. I just want to tell you that the moneys already banked in. How’s study, okay?”

Both of them talked about a long time.

Mr. Byun shook his head when he saw his wife smiled happily when talking on the line with her son.

“Omma, i… mian…” You went silent for a moment. You didn’t noticed that your mother-in law was talking on the phone. You walked in to the kitchen then prepared some drinks. You  knew who was talking with your mother-in law. You pretended didn’t know. You wasn’t excited to know who and why.

“Omma is talking with Baekhyun. You don’t want to talk to him?” asked Mr. Byun to his daughter-in law.

“If he wants to talk to me, last night he already talked.” Expressed you. Slow but can heard by your father-in law.

Precise. There was something wrong. Surely his son made you got offended. If not his daughter-in law will not talks like this. There were always something shackled with this young couple. He also wondered why sometimes this happened between both of you.

Mr. Byun confident, his son was the primer of all of this.

“Got fought with Baekhyun?”

You shook your head. After finishing your work, you went to your room. Your head was throbbing because you didn’t slept last night.

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Omma, can I go home to my omma’s house? I misses her so much in this couple of days. I don’t know why. Can I, omma?” you asked for permission.

“This evening omma and appa will send you,okay?”

You shook your head. You didn’t intended to give inconvenience to your in law. You already asked at your dongsaeng to come after her school hours. You just wanted to ask for permission. Your heart didn’t calmed you were here. In addition you always reminds about your omma. Sometimes dreaming about your omma.

“Yerin comes to take me this evening after school. Alright,omma?” your voice sounded like pleading.

Mrs. Byun just nodded although she felt worried to let her daughter-in law go home by herself. She worried about her favourite daughter-in law’s safety. But that was your own desire and wish, she just can only prayed that her daughter-in law safe to arrive.

“You already talked to Baekhyun about this?”

Guilty. You nodded although the fact was you didn’t told anything to that guy. You even not ever replied any calls and messages from your husband since last night. Let it be secret.

“I go to the room first. Tired.”

“Mari-ah, if you feels anything tell me okay, don’t be secret. I’m worriy seeing you like this…” commented Mrs. Byun.

Once again you nodded while smiling. Your steps were heading towards the room. You grabbed your phone. No calls that you didn’t answered, no messages came into the inbox. You shut off your phone since last night.

When you started your phone, there were many  messages came into inbox. You let it all came in while tidying up the bed.

Your diary that was being an accompany to you all the night, you took it and placed into the bag. In a moment you will comes home to your family’s house. You didn’t want all your important belongings to be left here.

“What shall I can get more?” asked you by yourself.

Soon after that your phone was ringing. You sighed. Baekhyun was calling. You grabbed your phone then you answered the call with just saying ‘hello’ then you let your husband talks by himself.

“So, you want to come home to your omma’s house?”

“Do you care, where I’m going?”

“It’s because I’m care that I asks you this.”

“You care or you just feeling guilty?” so sarcastic. Your husband didn’t got to answer the question , you already cut off the line. You were mad.

_____________________________________________________________________________

“She did it again like last night.” Baekhyun gripped his phone.

“Wae?” Minseok quickly asked after he saw his chingu was like unsatisfied after making acall.

“Nothing.”

“Your girlfriend is sulking? She likes being sulky,huh. Why don’t you just find that is non-sulky.”

“I don’t have any girlfriend.”

“Don’t lie. Why you want to be secretive with me?”

Baekhyun sighed.

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

“I said the truth. Why not you lessened your stress, come join with me watching a movie with my girlfriend.”

“I don’t want to be third-wheeler.”

“Why not you’re dating with someone along with me? Here, this is the phone number of Jang Yuna. She wants to get to know you. Better act quckly.”

He looked at the phone number of Jang Yuna. Did he have to take this phone number and call her? What’s wrong being a friend, you might be don’t care.

“Let’s see about it.”

“Don’t just looked at it. It doesn’t best being a single. Just forget that was at the village. She never knew.”

Baekhyun still didn’t said anything.

“You go first, I will check on you later.”

“Don’t wait too long.”

“Just go!”

Minseok went away leaving Baekhyun with mixed feelings. Once again he tried to call his wife, but it didn’t worked. He sighed. He glanced at the Jang Yuna’s phone number.

It didn’t got 5 seconds the call was abruptly being answered. Her sweety voices  were heard. He gulped. Oh God! The call quickly cut off. He was speechless. He laced his phone into the pocket. He shook his head.

“Damn, what am I doing!”