The Hospital

Map to My Heart

Just before leaving the palace gates Jonghyun's phone rang. He looked at the phone number and saw Key's number. He sent a busy signal to the first 3 calls and eventually took out his phone battery. Then Seungyeon's started ringing.

 

"Ignore it." Jongyun told her.

"What if it's important?" Seungyeon told Jonghyun than answered the call.

"Hello-"

Jonghyun grabbed the phone from Seungyeon. "You'd better have a damn good explanation for ruining my proposal!" Jonghyun yelled into the phone.

"Jonghyun!! Yeo Woon... he.... had a fever... now he's.... aksdnfaf" Key panicked into the phone.

"What? I can't understand. What about Yeo Woon." Jonghyun said frustrated.

 

Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun worried.

 

"Yeo Woon... asdflahflnljasfnladsf!!" Key tried to explain himself again, but was too panicked.

"Give me that." Jaejoong's voice came through the phone. "Jonghyun, Yeo Woon's in the hospital. He came out with a high fever. It doesn't look so good."

"What where?" Jonghyun asked. "I'll be there."

 

Jonghyun hung up the phone. He gently grabbed Seungeon's shoulder.

 

"We need to go to the hospital. Yeo Woon has a high fever." Jonghyun said as calmly as he could.

Seungyeon's face turned pale, she felt as if her heart stopped beating for a moment and she stared at Jonghyun shocked. "WHAT??!!!"

 

Jonghyun looked at her and was just about to say something but Seungyeon was already running to the car.

Jonghyun followed her.

They got inside the car and Jonghyun started driving to the hospital.

 

As they were driving Seungyeon kept on glancing out the window anxiously. "Can't you go faster!" she asked.

"I'm trying but there's a speed limit you know." Jonghyun said.

"Still.. just please go faster!!" Seungyeon said impatiently.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Where is he?!" Jonghyun and Seungyeon yelled in unison as they saw Key, Jaejoong and Jessica sitting in the hallway of the hospital.

 

"Yeo Woon.. he just suddenly.. I don't know.. he looked strange.. and and.. then he was burning hot and and.." Key said almost crying.

"But where is he?" Jonghyun snapped. He was about to die from worry just as Seungyeon was.

"In there." Jaejoong pointed at one room.

 

Seungyeon and Jonghyun right away ran there and barged in the door.

A nurse who had been taking care of Yeo Woon turned to look at the two.

"Are you Yeo Woon's parents?" the nurse asked.

"Yes." Jonghyun nodded.

 

"How is he? What is wrong with him?" Seungyeon asked.

"He has a high fever. We will watch over him through the night.. and hopefully he will be back to normal by tomorrow morning. He is much better now than he was a while ago, his body temperature is almost back to normal now. But we still need to keep him here." the nurse told them.

 

Seungyeon and Jonghyun nodded.

"We can be here by him right?" Seungyeon asked.

The nurse nodded and smiled.

 

Seungyeon and Jonghyun went closer to the crib Yeo Woon was kept in. Seungyeon gently touched his forehead. "OMO! He is so hot! Are you sure he is better now?" Seungyeon asked in panic as she felt Yeo Woon's hot forehead.

The nurse nodded.

 

"Yeo Woon-ah~ Umma and Appa are here now." Seungyeon said and gently Yeo Woon's head. "We are going to stay right here beside you, so you don't have to be afraid."

 

Seungyeon wiped her eyes that were now filled with tears of worry for her son. Jonghyun put his arm around Seungyeon and squeezed her gently against his body while looking at Yeo Woon.

 

"Yeo Woon-ah~ Do you want to hear a funny story? Appa can tell you." Jonghyun talked to his son.

"Well.. even if you don't want to hear.. i'm going to tell you anyway."

 

"Jonghyun.. will he be okay?" Seungyeon suddenly cried out.

"He will." Jonghyun said trying to calm her down though he was just as afraid that something would happen to Yeo Woon.

 

"Appa will now tell you the story.." Jonghyun turned to Yeo Woon again. "Once upon a time, there was a little boy called Dipidimdim. One day he went to buy some ice cream from the store but there was a problem. As he was eating his ice cream happily a big bad bee came his way and started chasing DIpidimdim. He was so shocked that he dropped the ice cream on the street. Dipidimdim started crying, the big bad bee went to the ice cream and started eating it happily.

But you know, even big bad bees have a heart. When the bee saw Dipidimdim crying, it felt bad.. so it flew to him and sat down on his finger. The bee bowed politely and apologized. "I'm sorry. Let's be friends. I will go and find you some coins and you can go buy a new ice cream."

Dipidimdim looked at the big bad bee and started smiling. "Okay, let's be friends." he said. The bee then flew to find some coins for Dipidimdim. In the end Dipidimdim could get a new ice cream and even a new friend. The end." Jonghyun finished his story he had just made up.

 

"What story is that? And how can bees carry coins?" Seungyeon giggled.

"Everything is possible in stories." Jonghyun shrugged and Yeo Woon's head. "Did you like it? Now you must sleep a lot and get better soon, okay?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaejoong, Jessica and Key were outside the room. They could see Seungyeon and Jonghyun inside the room through the open door.

 

"Maybe they will never let us babysit him again after this. I feel so bad that this happened." Jessica sighed. "Yeo Woon will be fine right?"

"Don't worry." Jaeajoong smiled faintly.

"Excuse me." A doctor tapped Jaejoong's shoulder.

 

Jaejoong, Jessica, and Key moved over to the side. The doctor walked into the room then closed the door. Seungyeon and Jonghyun heard the sound of the door opening and looked towards the door. The doctor bowed and Seungyeon and Jonghyun bowed back.

 

"Are you Kim Yeo Woon's parents?" The doctor asked.

"Yes. How is he? What's wrong?" Seungyeon asked worried.

"It's a fever. For adults and older children fevers are fine, but for little babies it could mean death." The doctor said.

"What?" Seungyeon's eyes widened and her grip on Jonghyun tightened. Jonghyun grabbed Seungyeon's hand.

"But don't worry. Yeo Woon's here now so we'll do everything in our power to help him." The doctor assured.

"Please. Thank you." Jonghyun bowed and so did Seungyeon.

 

The doctor nodded and went up to Yeo Woon and did a little check up. Seungyeon clutched Jonghyun's arm as she watched the doctor.

 

The doctor removed the blankets, pulled up Yeo Woon's clothes, and put the stethoscope on Yeo Woon's bare chest. The doctor listened for a moment then pulled Yeo Woon's clothes back down and pulled the blankets over him.

 

The doctor grabbed Yeo Woon's file from the table and began to write in it. The doctor scanned the file and his eyes widened. He looked up at Jonghyun.

 

"It says in your records that you have Leukimia." The doctor noted.

"I did. I just recovered a few months ago. Why? Does Yeo Woon have it?" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"It's possible that you may have passed it on to him and he may have it. We'll run some tests on Yeo Woon tomorrow and let him rest for the night." The doctor said than left the room.

 

Through the door Jaejoong, Key, and Jessica saw Jonghyun fall to his knees. They ran inside.

 

"What happened?" The asked gathering around Jonghyun and Seungyeon. "Is he okay?"

"If he has it I'll never forgive myself." Jonghyun whispered.

 

Seungyeon bent down and hugged Jonghyun.

 

"He might not have it. It could just be a fever right?" Seungyeon asked, but she wasn't sure if she was comforting Jonghyun or really asking.

 

Jaejoong, Jessica, and Key looked at each other. They didn't know what was going on, but they were just as worried as Jonghyun and Seungyeon.

 

Seungyeon and Jonghyun stayed by Yeo Woon's side the whole night. They both couldn't sleep, just kept their eyes on their son.

 

Jaejoong and Jessica had already gone home but Key still stayed in the hospital.