Walking home with Jonghyun

Map to My Heart

"Seungyeon!! Seungyeon!!" Donghae nudged Seungyeon after a while. Seungyeon flinched and took the headphones off and turned to Donghae.

 

"Wae?" she asked.

"I think Jihyun and I are going home now, it's getting late. What about you, are you going to stay for longer?" Donghae asked.

 

Seungyeon shook her head and stood up. "I will go too."

 

Woohyun who was still dancing noticed how his friends were leaving and rushed to them.

"You guys going already? Let's go together. Just give me a second, I will say bye to her." Woohyun said and went back to the girl.

 

"I should go now. I'll call you soon." Woohyun whispered into the girls ear.

"Good night." the girl said and kissed his cheek lightly, Woohyun smiled widely and waved at her then made his way to his friends.

 

"Ahh... I think my heart might just explode from happiness!!! That girl is something else.... so y.. so beautiful! This must be love." Woohyun said placing his hand on his chest. He looked like he was floating in his own fantasy world now.

 

"Are you high or something?  Just what did you take Woohyun?" Donghae grinned opening the door outside.

"Hyung, you were just the same when you met Jihyun." Woohyun giggled.

"Oh.. was I?" Donghae smiled looking at his girlfriend.

 

Seungyeon just walked without saying anything.

"Guys wait for me!" Jonghyun then ran out from the club after his friends.

"Oops... we almost forgot Jonghyun." Woohyun laughed looking at him.

 

"My friends sure are some great dancers." Woohyun smiled and placed his arms over both Jonghyun's and Seungyeon's shoulders. Seungyeon smiled faintly.

"Oh, by the way Seungyeon there is one more favour I want to ask you. I want to make a perfect date with her, so can you give me some advice about what to do? You are a girl so you know what kind of things girls like." Woohyun asked casually.

 

"I...." Seungyeon bit her lip.

"Can't you ask someone else?" Jonghyun interrupted. "Or use your own imagination when you plan a date... why must she always help you?"

 

"But I don't know anyone better than Seungyeon... and it's fine of course you don't have to help me if you don't want to... i'm just asking... please." Woohyun looked at Seungyeon with his puppy eyes.

Seungyeon stared at Woohyun and felt her heart melt.

 

"You don't have to Seungyeon. Besides Donghae and Jihyun would know more about good dates ask them. You already helped introduce that girl to Woohyun, it should be enough... right Woohyun?" Jonghyun said.

"What is your problem Jonghyun, why are you insisting Seungyeon can't help me?" Woohyun said nudging him.

 

"Seungyeon please... and if there is some guy you are interested in, I will surely help you. Oh... I guess I never asked you.. do you like someone?" Woohyun suddenly asked her.

Seungyeon froze and turned her head away from him.

 

"Oh... I see you want to keep it a secret don't you? This makes me really curious." Woohyun giggled ruffling Seungyeon's hair.

Jonghyun groaned and walked ahead of the group.

 

"Jonghyun wait up!!" Woohyun ran up to Jonghyun. "Why are you walking fast? Is it because you like Seungyeon?"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. Duh, yes.  "No. I'm walking ahead because you're being a selfish jerk, and because you're irritating me."

 

Woohyun stopped for a moment then caught up with Jonghyun. "What do you mean by selfish and irritating? What did I do?"

You don't think of Seungyeon's feeling and only think of yourself!!   "You left me at the club and now you won't stop talking!" Jonghyun walked faster.

 

Jihyun and Donghae were laughing as they watched Woohyun and Jonghyun bicker.

 

"They really can't stop getting on each other's nerves can they." Donghae smiled.

"Yup. I bet they can't last a day without arguing about something stupid. Right Seungyeon." Jihyun nudged her.

"Huh?" Seungyeon woke up from her dazed state.

"You okay? I asked you about Jonghyun and Woohyun and you were zoning out." Jihyun looked at Seungyeon.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired." Seungyeon replied.

 

They all soon reached Donghae's car.

 

"Need a lift home?" Donghae asked.

"Please!!!" Woohyun ran over to the front passenger side.

"Get in the back. That spot's reserved for my girl." Donghae told Woohyun.

"But that was my seat before. Now you have Jihyun you're best friend sits in the back. That's unfair. Watch it Donghae, when I get a car my girl will sit in the front and you can walk or sit in the back." Woohyun grumbled as he went to the back seat.

 

"Jonghyun, Seungyeon, what about you?" Donghae asked.

"I'll walk. I think we're all to big to fit in your tiny car. Plus I live only a few blocks away." Jonghyun replied.

"Seungyeon, you're tired right. He can take you home." Jihyun went over to Seungyeon.

 

Should I go with them? Seungyeon looked at Woohyun.

 

"Actually when I get a car she can ride with me. We can go on dates and do fun things. Donghae, what kinds of cars to girls like? What kind of car do you think she likes?" Woohyun asked Donghae.

 

"I'm fine. I'll walk." Seungyeon told Jihyun. I don't want to hear him talk about her right now.

"You sure?" Jihyun looked concerned.

"Yeah. I'll walk with Jonghyun." Seungyeon walked over to Jonghyun.

"Okay. Bye. Be safe." The three drove off.

 

Jonghyun looked at Seungyeon before kneeling down in front of her with his back to her.

 

"What are you doing?" Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun strangely.

"Get on." Jonghyun told her.

"What? Why? I can walk." Seungyeon tried to move past him but her blocked her.

"I used to carry you like that in middle school. Besides I over heard Jihyun say you're tired. I don't want you falling asleep on me." Jonghyun knelt down in front of her again. "Get on. You're not leaving until you get on."

"Fine." Seungyeon gave in and got on Jonghyun's back.

"So are we going straight home or stopping to get food or drinks." Jonghyun asked.

"Home. I'm not in the mood for food or drinks." Seungyeon leaned on Jonghyun's neck.

"Woohyun?" Jonghyun guessed.

"How did you know?" Seungyeon asked wide-eyed.

I know you better then you think. "Lucky guess." Jonghyun lied. "Actually you were acting like that since Woohyun and the girl started talking to each other."

"Oh." Seungyeon said.

 

They both were silent for a while. Jonghyun hated that Seungyeon was in pain and that he couldn't help her.

 

"Seungyeon, you can tell me anything." Jonghyun broke the silence. "I'm your friend. I'll always be here for you. You know that I won't spill out any of your secrets. If you need to talk to some one I'm here."

"Thank you..." Seungyeon whispered to him.

 

It was silent for a while again.

"Woohyun will be happy with that girl right?" Seungyeon then said.

 

Jonghyun didn't say anything.

 

"They seem like a good match, and Woohyun seems to really like her." Seungyeon continued.

"I don't know about that." Jonghyun said still pissed off with Woohyun.

 

Suddenly Jonghyun felt something wet on his neck. Tears from Seungyeon's eyes dropped on his shirt and neck. She had tried to hold back her tears as hard as she could but she just couldn't anymore.

Jonghyun's heart hurt when he heard her sobbing on his back.

Woohyun.. that stupid jerk!

 

"Jonghyun.." Seungyeon said after a moment.

"Why?" he asked.

"Can you sing something? I really like it when you sing." she said.

"Sure. What song?" he asked.

"Anything you want to." Seungyeon said.

 

Jonghyun nodded and thought for a moment what to sing then started singing a song for her.  Seungyeon listened to him with her eyes closed. She immediately felt much better, whenever she heard Jonghyun sing it made her feel better.

 

"How was it?" Jonghyun asked after he had finished.

Seungyeon didn't say anything.

"Hey.. did you fall asleep already?" he asked when there was no reply.

"Yeah." Seungyeon said.

"So now you are talking in your sleep huh?" Jonghyun chuckled.

"Yeah." Seungyeon repeated but suddenly looked around.

 

"Wait, Jonghyun we have already passed your house. Let me down and go home. I'll walk from here." Seungyeon said.

"It's fine. I'll take you home first then I'll go home. " Jonghyun said.

"But Jonghyun, i'm okay. I can go alone." Seungyeon insisted.

"No. Just continue sleeping or sleep talking." Jonghyun ordered.

Seungyeon sighed and gave in. "Okay then, thanks."

 

It was once again silent for a while before Seungyeon spoke again.

 

"Actually.. I cried a lot today... because of Woohyun." she whispered.

 

I know. Jonghyun said in his mind.

 

"I don't really know what came to me that I introduced that girl to him. But it's too late to make things undone anymore huh?" she continued.

 

Jonghyun didn't know what to say, he just wanted to give her a hug and comfort her and make her feel better.

 

"Oh.. it's your house here." Jonghyun said after some more walking. He finally let Seungyeon back down from his back.

"Thanks.. I guess we will see tomorrow.. or?" Seungyeon asked.

"Guess so." he smiled.

 

"Oh, wait... come in for a second." Seungyeon suddenly said dragging Jonghyun inside her apartment with her.

 

Seungyeon lived alone in a small rented apartment. It was just one room with a small kitchen and a bathroom. Seungyeon led Jonghyun to the kitchen.

 

"Since you carried me all the way here, you must be exhausted. You need something to gain back your strenght." Seungyeon smiled opening the refrigerator.

 

"Let me guess. It's going to be lemon juice?" Jonghyun grinned.

"How could you know that?" Seungyeon asked taking some lemon juice and pouring it to a glass.

"Well it's not that hard to guess that... you always have lemon juice. I still don't get why you like it that much though..." Jonghyun giggled.

"Yah.. it's good for your health. It has a lot of Vitamin C in it. You will feel much more energized when you drink some." she pouted.

For some reason Seungyeon really liked lemon juice.

 

"Araso. I will drink your energizer." Jonghyun smiled and drank the juice. He winced a little bit because of the sourness. "WOAH! I feel like a new person now!!" he exclaimed making Seungyeon laugh.

 

"Go home now." Seungyeon said smiling a little.

 

Jonghyun nodded and headed to the door. When he was about to walk out the door he pulled her close to him and hugged her.

 

"Good night." he smiled. Things will get better one day Seungyeon.

"Good night." Seungyeon said back and waved then closed the door.

 

Out of all the people out there Seungyeon felt the most comfortable with Jonghyun, but she had never thought of him as more than just a good friend.

 

Seungyeon sighed and sat on the bed. Images of Woohyun and the girl kept on appearing on her mind again now that she was alone. She was about to cry again when she suddenly got a text message.

 

-----------------------------------------

From: Woohyun

 

Not sleeping yet?

I just fed the goldfish you gave me for my birthday.

You remember it right? It's getting really chubby haha

Anyways back to the point... thanks again for helping me

You will help me plan the date won't you... when Jonghyun is not around.

 

Nighty night! Sleep tight! ^^

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Seungyeon put the phone back on the desk. It was a habit that Woohyun would send Seungyeon a good night message every night, his messages usually were quite random and didn't make much sense. But those messages usually made Seungyeon really happy but for a reason that night Woohyun's message just made her more depressed.

 

If he starts dating that girl, will he ever send me these messages again? He would just think about her and send all his good nights messages to her right...

 

-----------------

From: Seungyeon

 

Night.

--------------------

 

She replied Woohyun shortly and got ready to sleep.