I can't Stay

Map to My Heart

Already one week had passed like that.

Seungyeon just spent her days in silence, she did nothing much.

 

She had let Woohyun stay at her house, she didn't want to be all alone but mostly she ignored him.

 

Woohyun made sure that Seungyeon ate her food every day and tried to cheer her up. He was all the time blabbering some nonesense and joking even though he never got any response from Seungyeon.

 

He felt really frustrated about the whole situation and hated to see Seungyeon like that.

 

While Woohyun was watching the TV beside Seungyeon he suddenly got an idea.

 

"You know what?" Woohyun turned to Seungyeon. Seungyeon said nothing just played with the bracelet on her wrist, she still had not accepted that Jonghyun had left her so coldly.

 

"Remember my grandma? You've seen her a few times, we used to visit her sometimes too, the one who lives in the coutryside, remember? I just thought that it would be nice to go visit her.. and I wondered if you wanted to come with me? I think it would be really nice, the air is so fresh there too and theres a lot of interesting things to do.. like taking care of chicken haha... we could stay there for a few months.. it would be nice right? It would be a nice change to this kind of life..right?" Woohyun suggested her.

 

Seungyeon just shrugged.

 

"What do you say?" Woohyun asked.

Seungyeon shrugged again.

"You don't want to go?" Woohyun questioned.

Seungyeon once again shrugged.

"Or.. do you want to go?" Woohyun asked.

Seungyeon shrugged this time too.

 

Woohyun sighed. "How can I know what you want to do when all you do is shrug?"

Seungyeon's answer was a shrug again.

 

Woohyun stared at her. It would be good if she came there with me.. maybe she could forget about all that happened in here for a while.. and Jonghyun would have time to settle things here and won't have to be afraid that he might suddenly bump into Seungyeon..

 

"If you still shrug once, I will take that as a yes, okay?" Woohyun told her.

Without thinking much Seungyeon shrugged again.

 

Woohyun stood up. "Okay, that means you are going to the countryside with me. We should start packing now then."

Seungyeon just stared at Woohyun.

 

"Or should I pack your things for you.. where do you keep your bags?" Woohyun said and started searching for a bag from Seungyeon's house.

Seungyeon just stared at Woohyun who was walking around the house.

 

After a moment Woohyun came to the living room with one big bag. "Okay I found this.. what shall we pack.. you need clothes.. a lot of clothes with you right? ..." Woohyun muttered and headed towards Seungyeon's room.

He soon came with a pile of Seungyeon's clothes with him that he had taken from the drawers.

"This is pretty.. you should take this with you... and this shirt... and these jeans.. this shirt too.." Woohyun mumbled and packed Seungyeon's clothes for Seungyeon while she just watched silently.

 

"That should be enough.... then what else... oh.. right.. you should have some underwear too..and those.. things that girls need right.. what do girls need with them..." Woohyun said.

Seungyeon stood up. "Wait.. I can pack that kind of things myself." she finally spoke up.

 

"O-oh. Wait this means you really want to come with me?" Woohyun asked smiling.

Seungyeon shrugged then went to her room to get what she needed with her.

 

Woohyun sat on the couch. This will do good for her.. sitting here in silence like this all day is just horrible. Maybe she will get better soon..

 

-----------

 

Jonghyun laid on the hospital bed staring at the ceiling. He had been staring at the ceiling for about an hour as he waited for Key, who had been called in by the doctor.

 

The door opened and Key came inside. "I got permission by the doctor. He said we could leave today, but we have to be at the other hospital by tonight." Key smiled, taking a seat next to his brother.

"Good." Jonghyun finally looked away from the ceiling. "I can't stand Seoul. It has too much memories."

"But are you sure you're okay with this?" Key asked.

Jonghyun nodded. "I'm sure. If I stay here Seungyeon might find me. Also if I stay here I start to think about her. I start thinking about how jealous I was of Woohyun, how we got together, our dates, our everything. I even think of what would have happened if I wasn't sick. Then I'll start wondering what she's doing every second that I'm alone. I don't think leaving Seoul will help me with my love for Seungyeon, but I think that it will make sure that she'll never find me if something ever happens to me."

"Jonghyun," Key chuckled a bit. "It's so like you to pretend to be strong."

 

Jonghyun laughed a bit then turned serious.

 

"But I can't help but wonder," Jonghyun looked at Key. "If my selfishness will have consequences."

"Like what? What do you mean?" Key asked,

"If she loved me as much as I love her and she did the same thing to me I wouldn't be able to live. I'd pretend to be fine, but bury myself in a whole hoping to never see light again." Jonghyun replied.

"Well Seungyeon's strong and she has Woohyun watching her like 24/7. She'll be fine. Trust Woohyun." Key told Jonghyun although he had no idea what to say.

 

Jonghyun gave a reassuring smile and nodded.

 

But that's not the problem I'm really worried about. I know Seungyeon wouldn't kill herself. The problem I'm thinking about is pregnancy. That night I was so scared and stupid... we didn't use a when we had .

 

"Jonghyun." Key interrupted his thoughts. "Start packing for the country side. I'll meet you in the lobby." Key left the room to check Jonghyun out if the hospital.

 

Jonghyun sighed. He got off from the bed. He packed his belongings. Jonghyun took one last look at Seoul through the hospital window then left the room.

 

---------

 

Woohyun and Seungyeon were sitting on the bus on their way to Woohyun's grandmother's house.

 

Seungyeon was looking out the window at the view, cars that passed them by. They were getting further and further away from the city.

 

Woohyun glanced out the window also and smiled. " Only about thirty minutes and we should get off. Halmoni will be waiting for us there."

Seungyeon didn't say anything.

 

"Want to listen to some music?" Woohyun asked and tried to offer Seungyeon the other earphone of his ipod. Seungyeon took it and put in her ear, Woohyun put the other earphone in his and closed his eyes.

 

The song that played was a sad ballad, right away when Seungyeon heard it, she remembered the song that Jonghyun had composed to her. The next song that played made her remember Jonghyun's song again. She felt as if someone was twisting her heart and cutting it into little pieces, that memory hurt her too much, it was too precious to her.

 

She pulled out the earphone from her ear. She queezed her bag that was on her lap tightly biting her lip, trying to keep the tears from falling again.

 

Why does everything I hear make me think about Jonghyun? That song that he made for me, that must have been a lie too.. maybe he didn't make it for me.. he just pretended to do so. Was it that he only wanted to have with me, then threw me away when he could do that? Did he just pretend to do all those romantic things so I would fall in love with him and eventually he could sleep with me? Is that really how Jonghyun is? Is he really that kind of person.. he can't be. I thought he loved me..

 

After about ten minutes Woohyun nudged Seungyeon. "We should get off here."

They waited that the bus stopped on the next stop and got off the bus with their bags.

 

"Woohyun! My little angel!" and old lady rushed to Woohyun and Seungyeon right away when they got off the bus.

 

"Halmoni!!!" Woohyun ran to hug his grandmother happily. "Halmoni, why do you still call me your little angel.. it's embarrassing!" Woohyun whined a little bit.

"Aigoo.. but you are my little angel. You will always be even if you become an old old man." his grandmother laughed tapping Woohyun's shoulder then turned to look at Seungyeon who was standing there.

 

"And who is this? I think i've seen you before." Woohyun's grandmother asked.

"She is Seungyeon. You've met her before when we were in high school." Woohyun introducedd.

Seungyeon bowed and smiled faintly.

 

"Oh, i'm sorry. My memory is so bad thesedays, I can't remember you. But welcome." the grandmother smiled to Seungyeon then turned to Woohyun and nudged him. "You two are a cute couple. It's nice that you came to introduce her to me."

 

"Halmoni.. it's not like that. Seungyeon is just a friend.." Woohyun blushed.

"Oh, is that so.. well you got to be better to her and you will make her yours." his grandmother chuckled silently then walked to Seungyeon who was standing there awkwardly.

 

"But why is your expression like that young lady. Are you alright?" the grandmother asked worried seeing Seungyeon's gloomy face.

"Ahh.. i'm fine." Seungyeon replied.

"Okay, well let's go to my house now. You need to rest from your trip." she said.

 

As they were walking towards Woohyun's grandmother's house, Woohyun went to her grandmother. "Actually.. Seungyeon is not okay. That's why I brought her here... she um.. well.. her boyfriend left her and she is really sad about that.. and not herself.. so I thought to bring her here so she might get better and forget." he whispered.

"Aigoo aigoo.. poor girl~~~Well I know that my little angel Woohyun will make her better, I know that.. aigoo~~" his grandmother whispered and looked at Seungyeon who was walking behind them silently.

 

--------------------

 

Woohyun and Seungyeon had spent about a month at Woohyun's grandmother's house.

 

They spent their days helping her with some chores and enjoyed their time outside. Slowly Seungyeon was getting better, she was eating normally now and she smiled more often and even joked around with Woohyun sometimes.

 

Woohyun and Seungyeon spent so much time together that to the people in the little town they stayed at thought they were dating or even a married couple.

 

But the reality was far from being like that. Seungyeon was unable to forget about Jonghyun.. in front of Woohyun, Seungyeon pretended that she was fine, like Jonghyun didn't bother her any longer. But deep in her heart all she did was think about Jonghyun, she really wanted to see him and talk to him, feel his kisses and touches..to look deep into Jonghyun's gentle brown eyes again.. she wanted everything to turn the way it used to be.

Especially at nights when she was alone, the thoughts of Jonghyun tortured her.. the images of him were so clear in her mind at night.

 

Woohyun, his grandmother and Seungyeon were just about to start eating their lunch one day.

"Wow, halmoni, that looks so delicious!!" Seungyeon exclaimed and sat down the table.

"Aigoo i'm glad you like my food. But Seungyeon dear, I think you shouldn't eat that much thesedays.. I think you are becoming quite chubby." Woohyun's grandmother said boldly and tapped Seungyeon's stomach gently.

"Eh?" Seungyeon looked down at her stomach and touched it.

 

Chubby? Oh my.. I must have been eating too much.. my tummy does seem to be bigger than before... I should eat less.. Seungyeon frowned.

 

Suddenly a horrifying thought hit Seungyeon, she looked down at her stomach again, her whole face turned pale.

Wait.. me and Jonghyun. That night.. we slept together.. did we use protection? Omo!! What if I'm pregnant!?

 

The possibilty of pregnancy had not came to her mind at all before. But now that halmoni mentioned about her getting chubbier, the thought suddenly was clear in her mind.

 

Woohyun stared at Seungyeon. "Halmoni! You shouldn't have said such a thing... Seungyeon doesn't seem to like that.." he whispered to his grandmother seeing Seungyeon's shocked face.

 

"I- I- I'm not hungry... I don't think I can eat anything." Seungyeon stuttered and got off the table.

"Wait, Seungyeon! I didn't mean anything bad, come back and eat!" the halmoni yelled after Seungyeon.

 

Seungyeon rushed to her room and sat down on her bed touching her stomach again. Am I pregnant with Jonghyun's baby?