Jonghyun's Drunk

Map to My Heart

Jonghyun made his way over to the bar and sat down. "The usual please."
"Bad day?" Leetuek the bartender asked as he prepared the alcohol.
"Not really. I just feel like crap. I asked a girl out and she hasn't replied yet, but I feel like a whole bunch of guys like her as well. She also might not like my the same way." Jonghyun leaned on the counter.

"Typical drama. You're scared of rejection like the rest of us. Here one on the house." Leeteuk put the drink down in front of Jonghyun.
"Thanks." Jonghyun took a sip.

"Just hand in there. It'll get better. If it doesn't there are other girls out there. You just have to look hard." Leeteuk assured.
"It's not as easy as it sounds." Jonghyun took another sip.
"Well if finding another girl is hard you can try finding a man. That'll work too." Leeteuk joked.
Jonghyun laughed then took gulped down the rest of the alcohol. "One more please."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I think I will take a break for a while." Seungyeon said to Kikwang after about an hour of dancing.
"Okay." Kikwang said and continued dancing.

Seungyeon returned to their table but saw no one there. She sat down and searched for Jonghyun and Woohyun from the dance floor. She spotted Woohyun dancing with Yoona and Tiffany and beside them she saw Krystal with Doojoon.

I thought Jonghyun went with Krystal, where is he?
Seungyeon glanced to the left towards the bar and noticed Jonghyun sitting there drinking.

She frowned and started walking there.

Jonghyun was just about to drink another glass but Seungyeon stopped him.

"Jonghyun stop that!" Seungyeon said firmly.

Jonghyun turned his head towards Seungyeon and stared at her for a moment. "Oh.. Krystal-sshi?" Jonghyun mumbled, he thought Seungyeon was Krystal as he was already really drunk.

"I'm not Krystal, it's me Seungyeon." Seungyeon said.

"Krystal- sshi-- Sorry... I'm thi-thirsty so I will drink more." Jonghyun stuttered grabbing the glass again.
"No. Don't Jonghyun, I think we should go home now." Seungyeon said worried grabbing Jonghyun's hand.
Jonghyun shook his head. "I like it here, I don't want to go home."
"You drunk too much. Let's go." Seungyeon pulled Jonghyun up his seat.

Jonghyun staggered after Seungyeon whining a little bit.
Seungyeon looked at their table and saw everyone sitting there again.

They all stared at Jonghyun.
"Is he drunk?!" Jessica exclaimed.
"I'm not drunk!" Jonghyun yelled back.

"He is. I'm taking him home." Seungyeon said.
"Should I give you a ride?" Woohyun asked.

Seungyeon looked at Woohyun who seemed to be having fun with SNSD, she bit her lip and shook her head.

"I can call Key, you just stay here. See you." Seungyeon said then bowed at SNSD and the other people. "I'm sorry we need to leave early like this, it was nice meeting you."

"Yah Kim Jonghyun!! You really had to get drunk like this when we are meeting after such a long time!" Jessica yelled annoyed. "I will call you!"

Jonghyun was leaning on Seungyeon's shoulder and pushed her forward a little bit. "Aish... so annoying... let's go Krystal-sshi!"

"Bye!" SNSD, Woohyun and the others waved to them as they walked out the club.

Seungyeon called Key to pick them up and sat down with the drunk Jonghyun to a bench in front of the club to wait for him to come.
Jonghyun was breathing heavily as he leaned on Seungyeon's shoulder.

"Krystal-sshi... Tell me.. Why is it that- that- I fell in love with Seungyeon? Huh? Tell me that?" Jonghyun said.

Seungyeon just stared at Jonghyun silently.

"... And why must Woohyun be there? .. No- no matter how good I am to Seungyeon... No matter how much I take care of her... Everything she sees is Woohyun..... And now maybe that- that Kikwang----" Jonghyun continued talking openly about everything as he still thought Seungyeon was Krystal.

"... it's never me. No matter what....." Jonghyun whispered.

Jonghyun's words really stung Seungyeon's heart as everything he was saying was just like how she had been feeling about Woohyun for a long time.

"Jonghyun, what if she just needs time... She might want to give you a chance, you never know. She must be confused now.." Seungyeon said.

"Yeah... She might." Jonghyun snorted. "Or she just needs time to think about how to reject me..... Many people tell me that I shouldn't give up and find another girl if Seungyeon doesn't want me... You know at school I'm pretty popular among girls. Not like I'm bo-boasting or or anything... but maybe I could find someone else soon........... But still I know I would just think about Seungyeon.."

"Krystal-sshi.." Jonghyun stared at Seungyeon's face.
"I already told you, I am Seungyeon. You are too drunk and think I am her." Seungyeon said.

Jonghyun pointed at Seungyeon. "You? Seungyeon?" Jonghyun looked at her for a while then suddenly started laughing hysterically unable to believe it. Jonghyun started feeling really sick all of a sudden.

"I-- I--- " Jonghyun stuttered and almost threw up on Seungyeon but she was fast enough and guided him to throw up to the bush behind the bench.
Seungyeon tapped Jonghyun's back gently as he was throwing up.

Just then Seungyeon saw Key driving to the club.

"He drank a lot?" Key asked when he walked out the car. Seungyeon nodded.
"Let's go Jonghyun. Key is here." Seungyeon said and lead Jonghyun to the car.
"Can you drive me home too after we take Jonghyun home first?" Seungyeon asked.
"Sure." Key said and helped put Jonghyun to the backseat. Seungyeon sat beside Jonghyun as Key started driving.

"Do you have some water?" Seungyeon asked.

Key handed Seungyeon a water bottle.

"Here, drink this Jonghyun." Seungyeon said giving the water to Jonghyun who did as he was told.

It was now dead silent in the car and after a moment Seungyeon heard how Jonghyun started sobbing silently. She felt bad because all of this was because of her. Seungyeon wrapped her arms gently around Jonghyun wanting to make him feel better.

I don't want him to be like this just because of me...

"Do you know why's he crying?" Key looked at Seungyeon in the rear view mirror.
Seungyeon stayed silent.
"Hyung hardly let's anyone know his real feelings. Sometimes at night I hear him crying, but it's usually when he's in a really tough situation. He's probably struggling by himself and doesn't want anyone to know about it. That also might be why he drank so much." Key told Seungyeon. "He's so stupid. He has friends and a brother that's willing to help him yet he chooses to struggle by himself. But don't tell him I told you that. Next time you see him don't tell him that he cried in front of you. Just tell him about taking him home."

Key turned into their drive way. Seungyeon helped Key carry Jonghyun into his room.

"Do you want to spend the night? It's pretty late." Key asked. "Unless you want to go home. I can take you. I'm pretty sure he won't do anything while we're gone."
"Home sounds nice. I don't want to bother you another night." Seungyeon said.
"Sure-" Key's phone rang. "Let me get this call and I'll take you."

Key left the room to talk on the phone.

Seungyeon stepped closer to Jonghyun. Jonghyun was sprawled out on the bed. His face was in pain. He turned towards Seungyeon and unconsciously grabbed a pillow and snuggled into it. As he did a tear ran down his check.

Seungyeon wiped the tear and pulled the covers over Jonghyun. "Mianhae. I need a little more time to think."

"Ready?" Key walked into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for the ride. Good night." Seungyeon said when she got out Key's car.
"No problem. Good night.. bye." Key said and drove away.

Seungyeon stared at his car until she couldn't see it anymore then walked in her house.

Finally home again..
Seungyeon closed the door after her and took her shoes and coat off and placed her bag on a chair.

The camping didn't turn out the way I expected huh?
she sighed and sat down on the couch.

Seriously what do I do with Jonghyun?.. I really had no idea he cared about me so much. I know he would treat me really well if we dated.. Better than Woohyun maybe.. But... I really don't know what to do? I don't want to say "yes" to him just because I don't want him to suffer because of me and because that is what he wants to hear... That would be wrong and unfair to both of us. I want to say "yes" to him because I also feel the same way about him as he does about me. Ahhhh... What do I do? I don't even know about Woohyun anymore. He is still just the same, so interested about all the other girls, Why would he fall for me now? That would happen just in your dreams Seungyeon!!

Seungyeon walked to the bathroom to wash up and prepare to go to bed.