Put the Money on the Table

Map to My Heart

Seungyeon walked around the house worried. Let them be okay. Please let Woohyun and Jonghyun be okay and come back safe. Please.

 

"Come and sit for a while." Jong Suk told her trying to calm her down despite the fact that he was just as worried about Jonghyun's safety as Seungyeon was.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You sure it's this place?" Jonghyun asked Woohyun pointing at one building.

"Yeah.." Woohyun nodded.

"Okay then, let's go." Jonghyun said and got out the car. Woohyun followed him and led him to the gangs's hideout..

 

They walked in to a dark room that was filled with people. There were some men playing cards around a table, there were a few couples who were making out on the couches of the room while some people were just hanging around doing nothing special, just smoking or being high on drugs.

 

Suddenly Jonghyun felt someone grab his hand. He turned his head around and saw a woman smirking at him. "Hey there y, haven't seen you here before. Wanna have some fun with me? I will treat a y man like you real good." she giggled and let her hand slide down his chest.

Jonghyun looked at her feeling disgusted and shook her hand off him. "No thanks."

 

He then turned to Woohyun and tried to ignore the woman was still staring at him. "Who is the guy you owe the money? Is he here?" Jonghyun asked looking around.

Woohyun pointed at a table in a corner. The same man from before was there writing something alone.

 

Jonghyun nodded and dragged Woohyun with him to the man.

Jonghyun cleared his voice and spoke up. "My friend came to pay off what he owes you."

The guy lifted up his head and glanced at Jonghyun and Woohyun then continued writing what he had been writing again. "Sure. Just put the money on the table."

 

Jonghyun took the money from his wallet and placed on the table.

"Please, stop bothering Woohyun from now on." Jonghyun said.

"Bothering him? We have never bothered him, he comes here from his own free will." the man snorted and glanced at Woohyun who had not said a word.

 

Slowly the man inched a bag of drugs closer for Woohyun to see, wanting to make him want more of it. Woohyun stared at it, his desire started building up inside of him again. He really wanted to have it.

 

Jonghyun glanced at Woohyun and saw how restless he looked like.

 

The man leaned back on his chair and looked up and down at Jonghyun.

Hmm.. he looks like he would make a good fighter. I wonder if I can persuade him to join us somehow...

 

"Who are you anyway? Your name? " the man asked.

Jonghyun didn't answer him. "We paid you, so we will go now." he said.

 

The man got up and blocked their way. "Why such a hurry? " he looked at Woohyun. "Woohyun, you stay at least okay."

 

Woohyun looked at him hesitantly. Everything he could think about again was the drug that was on the table.

"Woohyun, let's go." Jonghyun tugged on Woohyun's sleeve.

 

Woohyun stared at the drugs hesitantly. Woohyun didn't know if he wanted the drugs or he wanted to leave.

 

"Don't make me regret coming back to Korea to bail you out." Jonghyun whispered in Woohyun's ear. "If you want to get back at me work for it don't hide behind drugs. Make yourself better so that you make me look like instead of making yourself look like behind those drugs."

Woohyun looked at Jonghyun. "You mean it."

"Hell yeah. Weren't we always in a competition. Isn't that why we never got along?" Jonghyun challenged. "If you hide doesn't that mean I win?"

 

Jonghyun was challenging Woohyun. Woohyun never liked losing to anyone especially Jonghyun. Woohyun wanted to be the best at everything, so Jonghyun decided to use Woohyun's competitiveness to get him out of drugs.

 

Woohyun wearily glanced at the drugs and at Jonghyun.

 

The man watched how Jonghyun was manipulating Woohyun away from the drugs. I like how this kid works. I want him in my gang.

 

Woohyun faced Jonghyun. "Why are you standing here? Weren't we leaving."

 

Jonghyun nodded and started to walk away with Woohyun.

 

"Where do you think you're going? You can't walk out on us." The man smirked. "There's a rule, once your with us you can't walk out of your own free will."

 

Woohyun's faced dropped.

 

Jonghyun faced the man. "Well I'm not with you and he's not walking out on his own free will. He's walking out on mine. Let's go."

 

Jonghyun grabbed Woohyun's hand and pulled Woohyun toward the entrance of the club.

 

Twisting my rules around, kid's genius. The man smirked. "I want that new guy. Bring him to me and don't bring Woohyun. Let him leave."

 

The man's men stood up and went to retrieve Jonghyun. Jonghyun saw men following and pulled Woohyun into a run, but the man had blocked the door.

 

"You go left, I go right. Clear the door and get out." Jonghyun ordered Woohyun.

 

Woohyun nodded. As if on cue they punched the first two men together and began to make their way out or the club. Men swung at Woohyun and Jonghyun from the left and right. Jonghyun finally managed to clear a path to the door.

 

"Woohyun!" Jonghyun yelled.

 

Woohyun ran out of the club with Jonghyun. Men followed them. Jonghyun and Woohyun ran towards Donghae's car, which Jonghyun parked 5 blocks away at a mall guessing that something like this might happen.

 

"Meet you at the car." Jonghyun winked at Woohyun.

Woohyun nodded in agreement. "Meet you there."

 

Woohyun and Jonghyun ran their separate ways. All the men followed Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun glanced back. Why are they following me? I thought they wanted Woohyun.

 

What? Why are they running after Jonghyun? I thought they'd be after me. Woohyun turned around when he heard know one behind him.

 

Woohyun arrived at the car first. Jonghyun was nowhere in sight.

 

Woohyun called Jonghyun. "Hello."

"Yes. I'm kinda busy." Jonghyun huffed into his phone as he ran.

"Are they running after you?" Woohyun asked.

"Yes, that's why I'm kinda busy. Did they chase you?" Jonghyun asked.

"No." Woohyun replied.

"Lucky, I'll be there soon. Call Donghae or Seungyeon and tell them to meet at Donghae's house. If they want us the first place they'll look is at your house. Dang it. I need to go know they're catching up." Jonghyun cut the phone.

 

Woohyun called Donghae and told them to go to Donghae's house for safety.

 

Meanwhile Jonghyun ran around the block a few times. He turned left and right trying to loose the men. The men followed Jonghyun into the mall. Jonghyun ran up and down the stairs and into different stores before loosing the men. Jonghyun ran into a wig store and bought 2 female wigs. He gave the cashier $20 and threw on the wig, leaving without getting his change. Jonghyun quickly ran into the parking lot and found the car. He quickly got in with Woohyun.

 

"Here." Jonghyun threw the wig at Woohyun. "Wear it."

 

Woohyun eyed Jonghyun wearily, but wore the wig. Jonghyun began to drive out of the mall. At the exit they saw the men looking around for Jonghyun. They quickly drove past them.

 

"I don't get it. Are they after you or me? I had like 30 men chasing me." Jonghyun asked.

"They all followed you. No one followed me. I made sure of it." Woohyun replied. "It's strange."

"I know. I don't think we should go to your house for a while. They might go there to look for you." Jonghyun said.

"Me? Why look for me when they are after you?" Woohyun asked.

"He know you're my friend. If he's looking for me then he'll go to you." Jonghyun replied.

 

The car became silent until they reached Donghae's house.

Woohyun and Jonghyun walked to Donghae's apartment in silence and rang the doorbell.

After a few seconds the door opened and they saw four worried faces in front of them.

"It's you!" Seungyeon cried out and hugged both Jonghyun and Woohyun tightly.

"Everything alright? Did anything strange happen?"Donghae asked and closed the door. "Why did it take so long?" Jong Suk asked looking at Jonghyun.

 

Woohyun stopped for a moment and stared at Jong Suk. "Who are you?"

"Don't you remember? He is Jong Suk, our friend we met in Italy. You met him already many times." Seungyeon said.

"I did?" Woohyun mumbled, he couldn't remember seeing Jong Suk because he had been too high and had not been thinking clearly.

"Hi.." Jong Suk said quietly.

Woohyun nodded his head slightly at him. "Hey.."

 

"I think it's best that Woohyun stays here for a while, not at his own house." Jonghyun said as he sat on the couch.

"Why?" Jihyun asked.

"Well some things happened and we had to run away from those guys Woohyun got the drugs from.. and a strange thing is, they didn't chase Woohyun but me. There were like 30 men chasing us but they all followed me." Jonghyun said.

"You?!" Seungyeon and Jong Suk both exclaimed in unison. Everyone stared at them for a moment.

"Yeah, I don't know why but it's better that neither of us hangs out around Woohyun's place for a while. If those men come and try find us... so Woohyun should stay here." Jonghyun continued.

 

There was a silence for a moment. Donghae looked at Woohyun who had remained silent. Woohyun couldn't face Donghae, he felt guilty to be around Donghae after he had stolen from him the other day.

 

Jonghyun looked at both Donghae and Woohyun.

"He won't steal again.. right Woohyun?" Jonghyun asked.

 

Woohyun stared at the floor in silence.

 

"I know he won't, I do trust my best friend. Woohyun you just stay here." Donghae said looking at Woohyun.

Woohyun still sat there without a word for a moment before he finally broke the silence. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Donghae hyung.." he sobbed and buried his face to his hands.

Donghae sat down beside Woohyun and put his arm around his shoulder. "It's alright.. but you will quit using drugs will you? It scares me to death when you use them, you will stop right?"

Woohyun started crying even more. "I-- I- will --t-ry.."

 

Donghae glanced at Jonghyun feeling thankful. It's good that he is here, he knows what to say to Woohyun.. I really hope Woohyun stops all this foolishess..

 

Seungyeon walked to the kitchen and after a while came back with a tray full of bowls of ice cream.

"Here, eat some. Forget all those bad things that happened and have a little moment for ice cream.. ice cream always makes everything go away." Seungyeon said and handed both Woohyun and Jonghyun some ice cream.

 

Jonghyun smiled a little and started eating. Woohyun took some ice cream too after wiping his eyes from the tears.

Seungyeon sat beside Jonghyun and looked at his tired face.

"You look tired.." Seungyeon whispered.

"I'm not." Jonghyun said but yawned soon after. Seungyeon let out a small chuckle.

 

"You think those men, they would really hurt you somehow?" Jihyun asked.

"I hope not, but they looked like they were people that will hurt people." Jonghyun said as he finished eating his ice cream.

"I hope they won't." Jong Suk said worried.

 

Woohyun glanced at Jonghyun. I hope nothing happens... I don't want anyone to get hurt.. because of me..

He then turned to look at Seungyeon. Making myself better? It's true.. I must look really terrible now..

 

"How about you all just stay here for the night?" Donghae said to everyone. He felt like he wanted more people to stay in case Woohyun still tried to do something strange.

"Girls in Donghae's room and guys in the living room." Jihyun grabbed Seungyeon's hand and darted into Donghae's room.

"Yah. Wait I didn't clean yet." Donghae ran past the girls into his room.

 

Woohyun looked at Jonghyun and Jong Suk. He was feeling bad and sorry. Jong Suk looked at Woohyun awkwardly. Jonghyun caught the vibe.

 

"Aigoo, why do my male friends always give me trouble." Jonghyun jumped onto the couch. "I've been so stressed because of you two."

"Us two?" Woohyun asked. "You stressed him out? How?"

"Hehehe long story." Jong Suk scratched his head.

"We have time." Woohyun sat on the couch.

Jong Suk sat on the loveseat. "I kinda had a scandal with Seungyeon, but I didn't even do anything to her. I also had a um... issue too."

"Really? I want to hear." Woohyun grew interested.

"Fine, but only if you tell me the reason behind the drugs. I'll be telling you deep things so you need to tell me your deep issues too." Jong Suk replied. I hope I'll be getting enough information for Jonghyun as to why Woohyun started the drugs.

"Okay. I'll open up, but don't tell anyone. I have a reputation you know." Woohyun fixed his collar.

"So do I. I'm a famous model you know." Jong Suk fixed is hair.

"Really? I thought you were just some kid he met in Italy." Woohyun was shocked he was in the same room as someone famous.

 

Jong Suk and Jonghyun laughed. Just then Donghae threw pillows at the boys and brought some blankets.

 

"I'm not sure why you're laughing, but I want to hear everything about Italy." Donghae sat by Jong Suk.

"Fine. I'll spill." Jonghyun smiled.

"I want every detail." Donghae's eyes glistened like a kid seeing a carnival for the first time.

 

The Jonghyun and Jong Suk began to talk about Italy. They spoke about their friends and the scandals. The girls in Donghae's room were also talking about Italy for the whole night.