Caller ID

Map to My Heart

It was a nice sunday afternoon. Outside the sun was shinning making it a nice day to go outside. Key briefly looked out the hospital window then quickly closed the curtains.

 

"Jihyun!!" Donghae yelled at her. "Enough."

"Why?" Jihyun yelled back. "Isn't it his fault? Why can't I contact my best friend? You're all fine because you can see Jonghyun all the time, but I can't. I can't contact Seungyeon. I want to hang out with her but instead I have to come here and see him everyday!!"

"You think I'm happy about this?" Donghae yelled back. "Woohyun and Seungyeon are my friends too!! I want to see them and I want to hang out with them too." Donghae grabbed her shoulder. "Don't think you're the only one hurting. I'm here all the time because I want Jonghyun to be okay. I want him to get better. I don't want him to die. I try not to think too much about Seungyeon and Woohyun becuase I know they're fine. Woohyun's taking care of Seungyeon. I trust him."

 

Jihyun slapped Donghae's face hard.

 

"You think it's about trust?" Jihyun yelled. "I trust Woohyun and Seungyeon, but the point I'm getting at it that it's his fault that I can't see them anymore." She pointed to Jonghyun. "I have no clue where they are and all I know is that Woohyun took Seungyeon somewhere to get better. I don't know if she got better or if she needs a girl to talk too. Sometimes you can only say things to a girl because boys are so stupid!! How do I know if Seungyeon if fine? She hasn't contacted me. For all I know Woohyun could be keeping her away from us just because he wants to be with her! I know I shouldn't think like that, but his history with drugs scares me. I need to know if she's alright."

"Jihyun-"

"Don't Jihyun me Donghae!"

"You!!" Jihyun walked over to Jonghyun. "It's all your fault. If you had thought more and talked to us instead of thinking on your own none of this would have happened. You-"

"I'll call them." Jonghyun told her.

 

Everyone looked at Jonghyun surprised. Jonghyun refused to call Woohyun or Seungyeon, so it surprised them.

 

"I'll call Woohyun. If he disagrees I'll call Seungyeon. Just leave and don't come back again." Jonghyun yelled.

"Don't do this. She's just mad she doesn't mean it." Donghae tried to intervine.

"I do mean it!! I mean every word I said." Jihyun said.

"See she does now leave and don't come back." Jonghyun said.

"I know what she said hurts but don't take it to heart she's just mad." Donghae tried to calm him down.

"Hurts? Do you know what hurt means? As much as she thinks she's suffering I'm suffering more. Do you think I want to be here? Do you think I want to be sick? Do you think I want to give Seungyeon up to Woohyun? I don't want to. I did what I thought was right. I didn't want to see her crying everyday or pitying me just because I'm sick. I left her in the care of Woohyun because I thought he could love her as much as I did or more than I did. I didn't think he'd go run off with her without telling you where they were. I thought that he'd stay in Seoul with you guys and I'd be the only one to leave so they could never see me again if I lived or I could die with her knowing. I thought wrong and I'm stupid and I'm suffering for it. I should just rot and die. Now leave and don't come back!!!!" Jonghyun pushed Jihyun and Donghae out of the room, slamming the door shut.

 

Jonghyun held the door closed as Donghae tried to push his way in. Donghae managed to push the door a bit since Jonghyun, being sick was a lot weaker then normal. Key looked at his brother fighting to keep to door closed with all his strength. Key ran up to the door and pushed it closed, holding it closed until Donghae and Jihyun left.

 

Jonghyun sank to the ground, crying silently. Key sat next to him. Key gently pushed Jonghyun's head onto his shoulder.

 

"Remember when I was I silently cried every night and you'd come inside my room and let me cry on your shoulder. You told me that crying silently won't help your heart. That if you want the pain to go away cry really loudly and it'll go away." Key pat his brother's hair. "Cry your heart out really loudly. I'll be right here helping you all the way."

 

Jonghyun gripped Key's shirt and began crying loudly. He pour out his heart and tears until the entire hospital heard his cries.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day Jong Suk came to the hospital room near dusk.

 

"So what's the emergency. You said it was urgent so I skipped a Victoria Secret photoshoot for you." Jong Suk sat by Jonghyun's bed.

"Sorry about that. You could have come after." Jonghyun apologized.

"It's okay. It's a boring shoot anyways. There are so many girls and I'd have to cling them, kiss them, act all couple like with them. I prefer Calvin Klein anyways because there are more guys around than girls." Jong Suk joked. "So why'd you call."

 

Jonghyun hesitated for a bit.

 

"Can you call Woohyun?" Jonghyun asked.

"Why? I thought you didn't want to contact them." Jong Suk asked.

"I don't, but you can. I got into a fight with Donghae and Jihyun because Jihyun wants to hang out with Seungyeon, but she doesn't know where she is." Jonghyun confessed.

"Sure I'll try." Jong Suk took out his phone.

Jonghyun took Jong Suk's arm. "If he doesn't pick up call... Seungyeon."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seungyeon was sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV with Woohyun's grandmother when Woohyun's phone rang.

 

"Woohyun you're phone is ringing!!" His grandmother yelled from the living room.

"Coming!" Woohyun ran down the stairs in a towel only having just showered.

"Goodness Woohyun wear some clothes dear. There are women in the house." His grandmother scolded.

 

Woohyun bowed and grabbed his phone. He looked at the phone and gave it a busy signal. It rang again.

 

Woohyun answered. "Look we're busy don't call again." Woohyun yelled into the phone.

 

The phone rang a few times. Woohyun got irritated and shut the phone off.

 

"What's wrong?" Seungyeon asked.

"Nothing. Jong Suk was bugging me about Jonghyun's whereabouts again. Just don't answer the phone if it rings." Woohyun told her and ran back up to change.

"Okay." Seungyeon replied.

 

He looked at the TV. The TV played a commercial for baby diapers. Feeling uncomfortable Seungyeon went outside to get some air.

 

Seungyeon walked to the park and sat on a bench. Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at who was calling. Jong Suk was calling her. She ignored the first 5 calls like Woohyun told her, but half of her wanted to know why Jong Suk was calling.

 

"The next time it rings I'll answer."

 

Seungyeon waited a few minutes then the phone rang again. She looked at the caller ID Kim Jonghyun.

Seungyeon's heart skipped a beat. She stared at the phone hesitating wether to answer or not.

 

All this time she had really wanted to see Jonghyun, to talk to him and ask why he left her really. She had wanted to talk to him so badly but suddenly she felt extremely nervous and scared to talk with him.

She let the phone ring for a few times more. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath then nervously answered the phone.

 

"Hello..." Seungyeon said silently.

"Seungyeon? Hello.. it's me Jong Suk." she heard Jong Suk's voice instead of Jonghyun's.

"Jong Suk? Isn't this.. Jonghyun's phone?" she asked, somehow it calmed her heart that it was Jong Suk she was speaking to.

"It is.. but no one picked up my calls so I called from his phone." Jong Suk said.

"You mean that.. you are with Jonghyun now? Jonghyun is in Korea?" Seungyeon asked carefully.

 

"Uh.. yeah. He came back... but Seungyeon now where are you? People have wanted to contact you but no one could. Could you tell me where you are staying?" Jong Suk asked.

"Well.. we are staying at Woohyun's grandmother's house in the country side." Seungyeon said.

 

"In the country side? I see... well could you please contact with Jihyun, she really wants to see you." Jong Suk told her.

"Jihyun.... I will." Seungyeon said silently. She gathered her courage and asked. "If Jonghyun is there with you, could I talk with him?"

 

There was a silence for a while. Seungyeon could almost hear her own heart beating when she waited.

 

"Well.. Jonghyun.. he umm.." Jong Suk mumbled.

"Doesn't want to talk with me?" Seungyeon asked.

"No... I mean... wait.." Jong Suk said.

 

"Hello..." suddenly Seungyeon heard Jonghyun's voice on the phone. She felt as if her heart stopped beating when she heard his voice.

 

"Jonghyun....." Seungyeon said silently.

"Yeah--- it's me." Jonghyun said. He had gathered all his courage too to talk with Seungyeon.

"So... you came back to Korea.." Seungyeon asked.

"I did." Jonghyun answered her shortly.

 

Seungyeon had so many things she wanted to ask Jonghyun, so many things she wanted to talk about, so many things that had tortured her mind for so long but for some reason at that moment she just couldn't get those words, those questions out of .

 

After that both of them didn't say anything for a while before Seungyeon finally spoke up.

"Jonghyun.. could we meet?" she asked.

 

Just then someone grabbed the phone from Seungyeon's hand and hung up the phone. "Don't meet him." Woohyun said staring straight at Seungyeon.

Seungyeon stared at Woohyun in silence.

 

"Why would you meet him? He hurt you so badly, you shouldn't meet him." Woohyun said.

 

Woohyun looked at Seungyeon firmly. Actually Woohyun was afraid, afraid that maybe Jonghyun was healthy again and now he would tell the truth to Seungyeon and that he might lose Seungyeon to Jonghyun again. Even though Seungyeon wasn't Woohyun's now, he really wanted to make her his own later when she would be ready. But if Jonghyun would be there again, he was really afraid Seungyeon might go back to him.. especially if Jonghyun found out about the baby.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

"What did she say?" Jong Suk asked Jonghyun who was staring at his phone.

"She asked me to meet her but then hung up the phone." Jonghyun said sadly.

Hearing Seungyeon's voice again had really softened him, all those past feelings entered his heart clearer that ever before. He really wanted to meet Seungyeon but he knew he shouldn't do that and he was so afraid.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Later that day Seungyeon called Jihyun and asked her to meet. Jihyun was surprised to find out that Seungyeon was staying at the same town where Jonghyun's hospital was but she didn't say anything about Jonghyun staying at the hospital.

 

Even though she was angry to Jonghyun, she wanted Jonghyun to be the one that would tell Seungyeon the whole truth by himself.

 

Seungyeon and Jihyun had agreed to meet at the town center.

 

"Where are you going?" Woohyun asked when he noticed Seungyeon putting on her shoes.

"I'm going to the store for a while. Alone." Seungyeon said looking at Woohyun who seemed to be ready to go with her.

 

"Are you... going to meet Jonghyun?" Woohyun asked.

Seungyeon shook her head. "No. I just need some time alone."

"Okay... well be careful." Woohyun said worried about the pregnant Seungyeon going all alone.

 

"I will. Don't worry." Seungyeon smiled and walked out the door.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Jihyun was waiting for Seungyeon in front of one ice cream shop. From far away she spotted Seungyeon's face and ran right away to her smiling brightly.

 

"Seungyeon!!!!!!" Jihyun exclaimed and hugged her tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me where you have been?! I've missed you so much!!!!"

"Jihyun.... i'm sorry." Seungyeon whispered and hugged her back just as tightly. She was extremely happy to see her, and meeting her there brought up all her feelings she had kept inside these months. She couldn't help but start crying.

 

Jihyun pulled back and looked at Seungyeon worried. "Why why? What's the matter?"

"I don't know.. I just..." Seungyeon sobbed and tried to wipe away her tears.

 

Jihyun then noticed Seungyeon's stomach. She stared at her wide eyed. "Seungyeon.......are you pregnant?"

Seungyeon nodded slightly crying even more.

"Is the baby Woohyun's??" Jihyun asked.

Seungyeon shook her head.

"Then..... Jonghyun's?" Jihyun asked.

Seungyeon didn't answer but cried even harder.

"It's Jonghyun's isn't it?" Jihyun asked and hugged her crying friend gently.

 

Jihyun felt herself getting even more furious at Jonghyun. He just dared to sleep with Seungyeon like that before he lied to her and left her. I know that his sickness is horrible and all but he could've even thought about the possible consequenses if he had with her!! Not just leave her alone..

 

----------

 

While the girls were talking Donghae knocked on Jonghyun's door.

 

"Can I come in?" Donghae asked.

 

Jonghyun didn't reply. Donghae opened the door slowly, peaking his head inside. He saw Jonghyun staring straight ahead into the white, blank wall. Jong Suk sat on the chair texting on his phone.

 

"Ehem." Donghae cleared his throat. "Can I come in?"

 

Jong Suk shrugged and motioned for Donghae to sit next to him. Jonghyun didn't move.

 

"Is he okay?" Donghae whispered to Jong Suk.

"I'm not sure. He hasn't moved since he and Seungyeon had a small conversation on the phone." Jong Suk replied.

"He really called her?" Donghae exclaimed loudly.

"Well I did with his phone, but she wanted to talk to him, so he did, but it got disconnected before they could actually have a conversation." Jong Suk clarified.

 

Donghae tapped Jonghyun's shoulder. Jonghyun slowly looked over.

 

"I have some bad news." Donghae told him.

"What can be worse than this?" Jonghyun replied.

"Seungyeon's in this town. This is where Woohyun's grandma lives. Jihyun texted me after she met with Seungyeon. They're still together I think." Donghae told him.

"Oh." Jonghyun replied.

 

Jonghyun wasn't listening to a word Donghae had said. His brain was filled with many thoughts that nothing registered.

 

"Mr. Kim. It's time for your treatment." A nurse came in the room with a wheel chair.

 

Jonghyun said nothing and got up only to sit back down on the chair. The nurse rolled him away.

 

"Are you sure he's okay?" Donghae asked.

Jong Suk shook his head.

 

----------

 

Seungyeon and Jihyun were sitting at one cafe talking together.

 

"Seungyeon, how have you been? How is Woohyun to you, he is treating you well right? No more strange gangs around?" Jihyun asked.

"There's no gangs and we are fine. Woohyun has been really good to me, sometimes it feels like he is even too good to me. He is always there for me, and now that he found out that i'm pregnant he takes care of me even more and is so worried about me all the time. At times it feels like it's too much but we are fine." Seungyeon told her.

 

"But Jihyun... you know where Jonghyun is now don't you?" Seungyeon asked and tapped the table with her fingers.

"Um.. yeah." Jihyun answered.

 

"When you saw him, how was he, is he doing fine?" Seungyeon asked staring at the table.

"Well.. actually, Jonghyun isn't doing that great I think." Jihyun said.

"He's not? Why?" Seungyeon lifted up her head to see Jihyun.

"Well he um.. I don't know, he just doesn't look that happy.." Jihyun said quickly, careful not to reveal the whole truth about Jonghyun to her.

 

"Oh..Then, if you see him. Can you ask him to meet me?" Seungyeon asked. "Even if he doesn't want to meet me.. please ask if he could meet me.. even once I want to see him."

 

"Okay. I can ask him to meet you." Jihyun said and touched Seungyeon's shoulder gently.

"But please not yet.. maybe after like a month. I.. I think I need to prepare myself to meet him again." Seungyeon said silently.

Jihyun nodded.

 

-------------------

 

Right after meeting Seungyeon, when Seungyeon had went back home. Jihyun went to the hospital to meet Jonghyun.

 

"Jonghyun. I met Seungyeon today." Jihyun said to Jonghyun who was just sitting on his bed staring at the wall again. He ignored Jihyun.

 

"She wants to meet you after about a month. Jonghyun, you will go meet her right? I think it would be really important that the two of you met, actually I think that you two must meet each other.. this kind of lying and hiding shouldn't continue any longer." Jihyun told him.

 

Jonghyun didn't answer.

 

"I didn't tell her anything about your sickness or anything like that yet. That's something you must tell her yourself." Jihyun said.

 

Jonghyun kept ignoring her.

 

"You will meet Seungyeon right?" Jihyun asked again.

Jonghyun looked down at the floor.

 

Jihyun let out a sigh. I will make sure that he goes meet Seungyeon. I hate to see how things continue being like this..

 

Jihyun didn't mention about Seungyeon being pregnant at all as she wasn't sure if Seungyeon wanted Jonghyun to know about the baby yet or not.