Hyeya

Map to My Heart

Jong Suk was walking with Jonghyun, Seungyeon, Doojoon, and Krystal to the train station. He was very particular with people coming close to him. Jong Suk walked silently by Jonghyun.

 

"Why are you wearing long sleeves and a jacket? It's almost summer and it's getting hot. You're trying to look good to get the ladies huh?" Doojoon bumped shoulders with Jong Suk.

 

Jong Suk shrugged and kept walking, getting closer to Jonghyun. Doojoon stopped briefly to comprehend Jong Suk's non-response. Usually Jong Suk would throw a comeback at Doojoon, but this time he didn't.

 

"Hey!!! Over here!!!" Joon waved at them.

 

The group finally met up.

 

"Here's your tickets. We have 15 minutes until the train comes." Aaron informed as he handed out the tickets.

"Seungyeon, I have good news." Mirai pulled out a magazine. "They issued an apology."

"I know. Jong Suk went over there and got them to correct the article. He even got an apology note for me." Seungyeon smiled.

"You did? How?" Everyone looked at Jong Suk.

"I have my ways." Jong Suk slyly answered.

"Lucky person." Yama-chan said.

 

My ways are horrible. It's not lucky. I didn't want to do it. He forced me that piece of . Now I feel like , but I hope it's worth it. It's for Jonghyun and Seungyeon.

 

Jong Suk thought back to that night. All he was thinking during that time was about Jonghyun.

 

"Hey the trains almost here." Miura pointed to the train that was coming.

They all got in the train.

 

Jonghyun, Seungyeon, Jong Suk and Yama-chan sat down on four seats around a table that was there, Jonghyun and Seungyeon sat beside each other and Jong Suk and Yama-chan sat opposite them.

 

Krystal, Vikki, Doojoon and Joon sat together, while Aaron, Ariel, Keiko, Miura and Mirai sat further away together.

 

"You know how long it will take we are there?" Seungyeon asked.

Yama-chan tilted his head. "About four hours maybe."

"Okay." Seungyeon nodded and leaned on her seat to wait that the train would leave.

 

"By the way, since you guys are good at italian, can you help me with something?" Seungyeon asked as the train started moving.

"Sure, what is it?" Yama-chan asked.

 

"Well, I heard how the italian people were speaking and the way they pronounce "r" is so strong. Can you teach me how to say it correctly?" Seungyeon asked.

 

Yama-chan nodded. "Try saying it first..."

"Rrrlllllllll..." Seungyeon tried to say the letter with a strong accent but the "r" turned out to sound more like "L".

"Hmm.. that's a bit wrong... try to say rrrrrrr" Yama-chan instructed her.

 

Seungyeon tried to copy him but failed to make the correct sound again.

Yama-chan and Seungyeon tried to practice for a while but Seungyeon kept on failing.

"How's this?" Jonghyun interrupted as he wanted to try out his pronounciation skills he had studied with Jong Suk. "Rrrrrrr." Jonghyun made the correct sound.

 

"Wow, you got it correct Jonghyun, how could you learn it that fast, you haven't been here for that long yet... it took me months to learn the correct way to pronounce it." Yama-chan looked at him amazed.

"I guess Jong Suk is a good teacher." Jonghyun smiled.

 

Jong Suk lifted his head up from the book he had been reading and looked at Jonghyun then smiled faintly.

"Oh, you've been teaching Jonghyun?" Yama-chan looked at Jong Suk.

 

"Yeah, a little." Jong Suk said.

"Then Jong Suk can you help me so I learn it too." Seungyeon asked.

"You don't like my teaching?" Yama-chan pouted a little.

 

"No, it's not that.. I just want to try if your teaching methods are any different." Seungyeon chuckled.

"Okay... well teach her then Jong Suk." Yama-chan said.

 

Jong Suk turned to look at Seungyeon. "When you pronounce the "r" letter, you need to make your tongue really vibrate, like think that your phone is vibrating, that kind of feeling on your tongue... your tongue needs to move really fast... remember it needs to be much stronger than the way the korean "r" sound is." Jong Suk guided her.

 

Seungyeon listened carefully to what he said and nodded.

She tried pronouncing again, and this time her pronounciation sure was much stronger but at the same time it just sounded very comical because Seungyeon was just doing everything wrong with just a stronger accent.

 

"That's not it Seungyeon!" Jonghyun giggled.

"But I think it is correct." Seungyeon said and tried to practice it again.

"It's not." Jonghyun said.

"It is." Seungyeon insisted. "I can hear it with my ears."

"How can you know, you don't know italian." Jonghyun said back.

 

Seungyeon tried again but made it even more funny. This time even Jong Suk was laughing along, he had been serious the whole morning.

 

"Seungyeon believe your boyfriend, it is wrong." Yama-chan laughed.

Seungyeon sighed. "Really?"

"I told you it was wrong baby." Jonghyun nudged her.

"Araso you were right." Seungyeon pouted. "My tongue is too inexperienced to do this, but soon I will beat you in this Kim Jonghyun."

 

"You sure? Wanna bet?" Jonghyun grinned and made the correct "r" sound.

"No, I don't want to bet, I don't want to lose money." Seungyeon said.

"Who said were betting on money?" Jonghyun grinned.

Seungyeon turned to Jonghyun.

"GRRAAUUUGHHHH" Seungyeon growled and bit his shoulder gently.

"Save me, she is eating me!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

Yama-chan and Jong Suk laughed at Jonghyun and Seungyeon's play fighting. Jonghyun looked at Jong Suk, he was glad he was smiling and laughing again now.

 

After some time they had calmed down. Jong Suk was looking out the window, Yama-chan was sleeping, Jonghyun was listening to music while Seungyeon just looked around.

 

She poked Jonghyun a little. "Let me listen too."

Jonghyun took off his other earphone and gave to Seungyeon. They listened to it for a while, Seungyeon leaned on Jonghyun's shoulder.

 

Jong Suk looked at Jonghyun and Seungyeon, he was hoping he could be Seungyeon now.

 

"Can I listen to some music too? I forgot my i-pod.." Jong Suk asked.

"Yeah!" Seungyeon and Jonghyun said in unison and gave both him their earphones.

"Umm... thanks." Jong Suk looked back and forth at them.

 

"I'm gonna sleep." Seungyeon smiled and leaned her head back on Jonghyun's shoulder.

Seungyeon's faint snores were soon heard.

 

"Hey." Jonghyun called Jong Suk. "You feeling better?"

"Yeah thanks." Jong Suk replied.

"Good." Jonghyun smiled. "Try to get some sleep. I know you didn't sleep too well last night."

 

Jong Suk nodded. How is it that Jonghyun's a year younger than me and he acts so much older then me? I must have crushed on the right guy. Jong Suk smiled to himself, closing his eyes, and listened to Jonghyun's Ipod.

 

As Jong Suk listened to the music for a while until one song caught his attention. It was a familiar voice, singing a song that was too familiar with his heart at the moment. As the song finished he replayed the song.

 

Seungyeon had woken up to a bump from one of the passengers walking by. She looked at Jonghyun, who was sleeping peacefully. She turned her attention to Yama-chan and Jong Suk. Yama-chan was still sleeping, while Jong Suk was staring intensely at Jonghyun's Ipod.

 

"Can I listen?" Seungyeon asked.

 

Jong Suk gave one side of the earphones to Seungyeon and replayed the song. Seungyeon heard a familiar voice singing his heart out. Seungyeon glanced at Jonghyun then looked at the Ipod for the song's title.

 

Kim Jonghyun - Hyeya (Original song for Seungyeon)

 

A tear softly fell from her eye. "For me?" Seungyeon whispered. "This what you felt all the time?"

 

Jong Suk watched Seungyeon listen and comprehend every word being sung.

 

"Jonghyun's a genius." Jong Suk spoke. "He can sing so well and create such meaningful pieces. This song relates to so much to me right now. I'm glad I heard it."

Seungyeon nodded. "I'm happy I heard it too other wise I would have never known how Jonghyun felt."

"Seungyeon what did you do to Jonghyun to make him write this?" Jong Suk asked curiously.

"I rejected his original confession. I rejected Jonghyun, who was always by my side no matter the circumstances." Seungyeon thought back. "He smiled and told me that it'd be okay if I didn't feel the same way as him. He smiled so much that I didn't know he felt this way. All I knew was that he was trying his best to not make me uncomfortable with him, and to become friends again."

 

Jong Suk looked at Jonghyun. You've been in a one sided love too? How were you able to cope with the situation? How where you able to hide your feelings from her? I should be strong like you and accept that I can't have you at the moment. I should try to make best of my situation right? I'll try to be like you and help you smile even if it hurts me. I'll help you with Sekyung, even if I can't be a model anymore, I'll help you so that your relationship with Seungyeon will be better.

 

"Seungyeon," Jong Suk called her name. "Be happy with Jonghyun. Don't let someone as good as he get away from you. I'll be your support, so if you need anything, or have problems let me know."

 

Seungyeon stared at Jong Suk for a moment taking in what he just said.

 

"Thank you." Seungyeon nodded.

 

Seungyeon and Jong Suk continued to listen to the song as they softly gazed at Jonghyun, who was still sleeping peacefully.