I Will Never Forget This Day

Map to My Heart

Jong Suk opened the door wider. Jonghyun quickly covered his face with the blanket. Seungyeon stood up with a big smiled on her face. Behind the door stood Ariel, Aaron, Mirai, Yama-chan, Miura, Keiko, Vikki, and Joon.

"What are you all doing here?!" Seungyeon asked hugging all their friends one by one.

"We thought to come visit." Miura said.

 

"But aren't you supposed to be in Italy or somewhere?" Seungyeon asked.

"Our contracts in Italy already finished." Keiko told her.

"Oh, right .. time sure goes fast." Seungyeon chuckled.

 

"How about Krystal and Doojoon... and Sekyung?" Seungyeon asked.

 

"Here we are, BOO!!" Doojoon suddenly jumped out of nowhere slamming his hands on Seungyeon's shoulders startling her.

"Yah! Don't scare me like that!" Seungyeon gasped.

 

"You must be careful around Seungyeon!!! If something happens to our baby because you did something stupid I will kill you!" suddenly they heard Jonghyun's voice under the blanket.

 

"I apologize, I didn't think about that." Doojoon bowed.

"We did hear about you guys having a baby but just now I couldn't remember, i'm sorry Seungyeon, are you alright?"

 

Seungyeon tapped Doojoon's shoulder. "I'm okay, don't worry."

 

"Why are you hiding there Jonghyun?" Joon exclaimed and ran to Jonghyun's bed.

"They came all the way here to visit you Jonghyun, so just come out." Jong Suk chuckled.

 

Jonghyun refused to show his face that had got much thinner from the last time his friends saw him in Italy.

 

"Something happened to your face or what?" Miura chuckled walking to Jonghyun.

"No.. it's just more comfortable here." Jonghyun mumbled.

 

"He just wants to look cool in front of you guys I guess. But now he is just wearing his hospital clothes so he is emabrrassed." Seungyeon told them.

 

Seungyeon then walked to Jonghyun's bed also and sat on the bed. "Stop being such a baby!" she chuckled and carefully removed the blanket off his face. Jonghyun pulled it back up. "Okay, okay.. I will.. just give me 10 seconds." he mumbled under the blanket.

 

"By the way, while we wait for Jonghyun to reveal himself, there's something we brought.. it's something Sekyung wanted to give to the both of you when she heard um.. that you were back together again and that your going to have a baby too." Aaron said handing Seungyeon a bag that had something inside of it.

"Oh... where is she?" Seungyeon asked silently.

"She is still in Italy, she will probably stay there for a longer time like Joongki." Ariel said.

"And she told me you should open her present only after the baby is born. Not yet."

Seungyeon nodded.

 

While they had been talking Jonghyun had finally came out from the blanket because he was curious to see what Sekyung gave them.

 

"Wahhh!! It's Kim Jonghyun!!!" Joon exclaimed and right away ruffled his hair.

 

Everyone turned to look at Jonghyun. "Um.. hi all.." he waved smiling a little bit.

 

"Hello!!" Everyone said in unison.

Jonghyun let out an awkward chuckle and looked at them all. "Long time no see eh?"

 

"You look better than I expected though." Yama-chan said to him.

"Yeah no need to be embarrased. You look just fine, just a bit more thin than before but still you are really handsome like before." Vikki smiled.

"Who said I was embarrassed?" Jonghyun said awkwardly.

 

"But how are you? Your sickness I mean?" Miura asked.

"I'm much better.. especially now that Seungyeon is with me again." Jonghyun said and looked at Seungyeon.

 

"By the way Seungyeon unnie, how is your baby? When will it be born?" Krystal asked placing her arm around her.

Seungyeon smiled. "About two months more, then."

"Wow.. unnie I missed you so much." Krystal said. "When you and Jonghyun left the house in Italy became so silent and boring.."

"I missed you too.. but didn't you and Doojoon get the house all for yourself, without us bothering all the time.." Seungyeon chuckled.

"Well.. we did yeah." Krystal smiled.

 

"You haven't been drinking too much lemon juice right Seungyeon?" Joon asked.

"Well I have drank like I normally do why?" Seungyeon lifted up her eyebrows.

"Oh my.. now your baby must become same kind of alien baby as you are, always drinking that sour stuff, if it already gets used to it in your stomach." Joon shook his head playfully.

"Yah! Who are you calling alien?! It's my child you are talking about here!" Jonghyun playfully punched Joon.

"Mian." Joon chuckled. "Your wife just has some strange habits... so maybe your kid will too... no wait, are you guys even married?"

 

"We are not.." Jonghyun said.

"Oh.. well are you going to get married?" Miura asked.

 

Jonghyun and Seungyeon looked at each other.

"I was actually thinking about that." Jonghyun confessed. "If I was healthy I would have proposed to her on the spot. But..." Jonghyun gripped Seungyeon's hand. "I don't want a special occasion as our marriage to be awkward. I want to see Seungyeon down the aisle at her best. I'm not saying she isn't the best now, but I want to see her comfortable without having to worry about how she looks in a dress. or if she trips she might hurt the baby, or anything like that. Plus I don't want to get married in the hospital. The doctors won't give me permission to leave here because of what happened last time I left the hospital." Jonghyun sighed.

"What happened last time?" Joon asked.

"I almost died." Jonghyun replied.

 

The hospital room began silent and serious.

 

"But I also got Seungyeon back so I'm okay with nearly dying." Jonghyun joked causing Seungyeon to slap him lightly.

 

"Also the main reason I don't want to marry Seungyeon right now is that I don't want to commit to taking care of Seungyeon for the rest of her life and not be around to fulfill it." Jonghyun said sadly. "As much as I'm sitting here and laughing with you, I really don't know if I'll die tomorrow or not. The doctors say I'll be fine in a few months, but everything's unpredictable and scary, so I'm not making life long promises. I'm sorry Seungyeon." Jonghyun kissed her cheek. "But if I get out of here alive and healthy I'd like to marry you."

 

Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun tears in her eyes. Everyone, but Krystal, watched the couple sadly, not knowing what to say. Krystal nudged Seungyeon's shoulder.

 

"What's your answer?" Krystal asked curiously.

"What? What do you mean?" Seungyeon looked at her stunned.

Krystal shook her head. "Jonghyun just proposed to you."

"What?" Seungyeon asked again as if she didn't hear properly. "Say that again."

"He said. 'If I get out of here alive and healthy I'd like to marry you.' That's proposing." Krystal told her.

 

Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun, her eyes asking if what Krystal said was true. Everyone also looked at Jonghyun.

 

"I don't have a ring now and I was going to wait until I got better, but... Han Seungyeon, if I get out of the hospital healthy... will you marry me?" Jonghyun asked.

Seungyeon stared at Jonghyun, tears were about to fill her eyes. A warm fluttering feeling spread all over her body.

 

Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun there beside her gently, she loved him.. she loved him more than anything and she was sure there was no one else who could ever make her as happy as Jonghyun made her.

 

When she had been younger she had always imagined how she would be proposed.. she had always imagined that her boyfriend would take her to some amazing place and proposed to her in some overly cheesy and romantic way. She had used to plan every detail she wanted to be proposed like.

 

But at this moment when Jonghyun had asked her to marry him, all those things she had imagined the proposal to be like disappeared from her mind. To her this proposal was perfect, much better than what she could have even imagined. To her it was perfect because the man whom she loved so much asked her to marry him.

 

Slowly Seungyeon inched closer to Jonghyun. "I love you. Of course I will marry you."

Seungyeon wrapped her arms around Jonghyun and hugged him.

 

"Really?" Jonghyun whispered.

"Didn't I already tell you." Seungyeon whispered back still holding Jonghyun against her body tightly.

"I love you Seungyeon." Jonghyun said holding her against him just as tightly.

 

Both their hearts were beating fast from happiness.

 

"Is it okay for you to wait?" he asked silently as he pulled away from Seungyeon.

"Of course it is. I will wait.. I will wait for as long as you are finally ready. Even if it takes years I will wait for you." Seungyeon smiled and gently looked into Jonghyun's eyes.

"You will get better... I want to believe that."

 

A smile spread on Jonghyun's face also, he gently caressed Seungyeon's cheek. "Thank you.." he whispered.

 

Jonghyun then leaned closer to Seungyeon and kissed her lips gently. Seungyeon responded by kissing him back.

 

Everyone else in the room had been watching the two, almost holding their breath not to bother them too much. Some girls were wiping their tears.

"Congratulations!!!!" Joon suddenly yelled clapping his hands together. Everyone else followed and soon started cheering for the couple loudly also.

 

Jong Suk had been leaning on the wall all this time watching Jonghyun and Seungyeon. A part of him felt jealous and a little bit sad about Jonghyun proposing to Seungyeon but the other part of him was really happy for Jonghyun. He wanted him to be happy.

 

Seungyeon and Jonghyun looked at all their friends with wide smiles on their faces, Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Seungyeon's waist.

"Thank you." they said to them.

 

Jonghyun looked down at Seungyeon's hand and held it. "I'm really sorry I couldn't give you a ring now... I know you should get one when you are proposed .. but .. I.." he said.

Seungyeon squeezed Jonghyun's hand tightly. "Don't worry, it's okay. We will get a ring later."

 

"I know you must be a little bit disappointed for not having it." Jonghyun said.

"I'm not. I already said it's fine." Seungyeon chuckled.

 

Jonghyun looked at Seungyeon. "But there is something I can do now, I hope it makes up for not having a ring now for a little bit."

 

Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun. He cleared his voice and suddenly started singing.

 

He sang a small part of Ra.D's - 'I'm in love' while he looked at Seungyeon lovingly. He put his whole heart to his singing, he put out all the feelings he had for Seungyeon.

 

"I'm in love.. I fall in love

I can't help it.. I can't hide my heart

you are so beautiful"

 

Seungyeon couldn't hold her tears any longer when she heard him sing. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

Jonghyun stopped singing and frowned. "Why why why? Was it that bad? Maybe my singing skills got worse. I even made you cry." he said and wiped the tears from Seungyeon's cheeks.

 

Seungyeon shook her head and also wiped her tears. "No.... I .. I .. just... it was so... I liked it so much."

 

Jonghyun chuckled and kissed her cheek.

 

Seungyeon smiled slightly and grabbed his hand again. I will never forget this day.