Shouldn't Stay Here

Map to My Heart

Later that day Seungyeon went back to Woohyun's grandmother's house to get her things. She felt that she shouldn't stay there any longer, not to make Woohyun hurt more because he would see her all the time.

 

With Jonghyun and Key they had agreed that Seungyeon would stay at the same place Key was staying temporarily at because it was close to the hospital Jonghyun was staying at because Seungyeon wanted to visit him often and her house in Seoul was too far away.

 

Seungyeon decided to take a break from her studies until the baby would be born and Jonghyun hopefully better.

 

Quietly Seungyeon entered the house. She glanced at the living room and saw Woohyun's grandmother there. She bowed.

"Oh Seungyeon, there's some food in the kitchen, you can warm it up if you feel hungry." Woohyun's grandmother told her.

"Thank you. But.. halmoni.. actually. I think that I should leave today, I've already been here for over three months, I think you must be tired taking care of us all the time. So I think I should leave. I will just pack my bags and go." Seungyeon said.

 

Woohyun's grandmother looked at Seungyeon and sighed. " But I love having you here. But if that's what you want then I don't think I can stop you... aigoo it's going to be so lonely here.. Woohyun told me he is going to leave too."

"Oh.. where is Woohyun?" Seungyeon asked.

"In his room." Woohyun's grandmother said.

"But Seungyeon dear, when your baby is born, you must promise to come and visit me with him or her."

 

"I will, of course. Really halmoni, i'm going to miss you a lot. And I'm really thankful for everything you did for me." Seungyeon smiled then went to her room to pack all her things.

 

After about an hour Seungyeon had finished packing, she carried all her belongings downstairs. She let out a sigh then headed towards the room Woohyun was at.

 

She knocked on the door. "Can I come in?"

There was no reply so Seungyeon walked inside. Woohyun was sitting on his bed staring down at the floor with a dark expression on his face.

 

Seungyeon walked to him and sat down beside him. "I heard from your grandma that you are going back to Seoul today...... actually I'm going too but not to Seoul, i'm going to stay with Key for a while.. because it's near... you know the hospital where Jonghyun is. But later when the time is right, i'm coming back to Seoul too."

 

Woohyun kept on staring at the floor sadly.

 

"Umm... I think I should go now then. Woohyun.. thanks for everything and i'm sorry." Seungyeon said and got up.

 

Woohyun sat there in silence for a moment then suddenly ran to Seungyeon and hugged her from the back. Seungyeon stopped.

"Seungyeon.." Woohyun cried out. "Couldn't you once.. even once.. hug me like I was your lover. Like you loved me like you love Jonghyun. Just once. ... after this day.. I will try and leave you alone. I will try and forget all my feelings for you, But please just once hug me." he said silently.

 

Seungyeon turned around slowly. She looked at Woohyun gently, he had tears in his eyes. He looked just like a little kid who had hurt himself.

 

Gently Seungyeon leaned closer to Woohyun and hugged him tightly, Woohyun squeezed Seungyeon tightly against his body not wanting to let her go.

 

"I'm going to miss you so much." Woohyun whispered. "I'm going to miss all this so much.."

 

Seungyeon pulled away from Woohyun and looked at him.

"Woohyun, why are you talking like we aren't ever going to see each other again? We are going to see so many times more.. you are one of my most precious friends in this whole world and I want to see you often. I know how you wanted to be more than friends with me and i'm really sorry that I can't make that happen. I really hate to see how my friend is hurting like this because of me.. so Woohyun when you go back to Seoul you must find some really nice girl and forget such a person like me who can't bring you what you really want and deserve. But don't forget about me too much, we are friends right? Woohyun really I'm so thankful to you for everything.. you stayed by my side when it was really hard for me and I will never forget about this time we spent together. And my baby, it will surely know uncle Woohyun.. you better be prepared to babysit it once in a while then when it is born okay?" Seungyeon told Woohyun.

 

"Okay.." Woohyun forced a smile on his face.

"Seungyeon I... I really actually.. I know I never told you this directly but .. I loved you. I still do but I know that.. you will never. .the same way I do... so I will do my best to forget.. even though I don't know if I can..."

 

"You can. I'm not the only girl in this world." Seungyeon tapped his shoulder smiling.

"You know, I love you too. But only as a friend. I hope you can still love me after all this but only as a friend too."

"Only as a friend...." Woohyun muttered.

 

It was really hard on him now. He had started planning his whole future with Seungyeon already, getting married with her and taking care of the baby. But now all his plans were crushed and it hurt him so much.

 

"Promise to come visit me often then. Here." Seungyeon gave the address to the place Key was staying at.

"Come here whenever you feel like you need a friend to talk to or when you just want to hang out randomly. I will be there just call me."

Woohyun stared at the paper with the address in it and nodded.

 

Woohyun looked at Seungyeon sadly. "Actually Seungyeon, I don't know if I will come visit you that soon... I.. I need some time.. time to.. um... be alone.. and think."

 

"Okay, I understand. But you need to promise me that when you go back to Seoul, you will not go and play with those gangs and do drugs or anything stupid like that. Promise me okay?" Seungyeon told him and gave her pinky finger to make a promise with him.

 

Woohyun hesitated for a moment.

 

"Promise me.. if you don't I won't be able to sleep at nights because I would be so worried about you. Promise." Seungyeon said firmly.

Woohyun smiled slightly and made a promise with Seungyeon with his pinky finger. "I promise."

 

Seungyeon smiled and ruffled Woohyun's hair.

"I think I should go now." she said.

Woohyun nodded and looked at Seungyeon sadly.

 

"See you soon, when you are ready to meet again. Don't think for too long or I will miss you so much that I will die of boredom without our silly Woohyun." Seungyeon chuckled and headed back downstairs. Woohyun followed her.

 

Woohyun's grandmother heard them coming down also and came there too. "Seungyeon ,you are going now?"

Seungyeon nodded. "Yes halmoni."

Woohyun's grandmother hugged Seungyeon. "I am going to miss you. And I hope you don't have to be depressed like that ever again as you were when you first came here."

"I hope that too." Seungyeon said.

"I will go now then, bye halmoni." Seungyeon bowed to the grandmother.

 

She then looked at Woohyun.

"Bye Woohyun.." she said and smiled.

"Bye.." Woohyun said trying to hold back his tears as he watched Seungyeon walk out the door.

 

I need to start everything all over again.. I must let her be, I must let go now. But how can I do that? How do I start again? How can I when all I want is Seungyeon? .. She must be happy with Jonghyun. She must.

 

----------

 

"Baby i'm here!!" Seungyeon exclaimed as she walked in Jonghyun's hospital room.

 

Right away when Jonghyun heard her voice a warm feeling filled his heart, how badly he had wanted to hear Seungyeon's voice all those months they had been apart. He had thought that he would'd have ever been able to hear her voice like that again. But the fact that he could hear her voice again made him extremely happy.

Jonghyun smiled gently and waved at Seungyeon.

 

"I moved all my things to Key's place now." Seungyeon said and sat on the chair in the corner. "Woohyun is going back to Seoul today..." she said silently.

 

Jonghyun nodded. "How was Woohyun?"

Seungyeon stayed silent for a moment. "Not that good. But he will get better in time.. at least I hope he will."

"I really hope that too.." Jonghyun said and stared at his hands.

 

There was a silence for a moment. Jonghyun glanced at Seungyeon who was sitting on the chair that was quite far from his bed.

"Why are you sitting so far away from me?"

 

Seungyeon smiled and looked at Jonghyun leaning back on her chair.

"Well because.. from here you look the most handsome today and I want to watch you coolly like this from afar.."

 

"What?" Jonghyun chuckled. "But I don't like you sitting there.. come here!" Jonghyun spread his arms wide open for Seungyeon.

"Oh look it's raining!" Seungyeon got up and walked to the window, pretending to ignore Jonghyun's open arms as she wanted to a little.

 

She kept on watching out the window at the rain falling on the ground while Jonghyun still kept his arms open for her.

"Come here!!" Jonghyun said and pouted.

 

"The view from here is so pretty!" Seungyeon said pushing her nose against the window.

"Hey!! What are you doing! Don't you see me!? Come here!!" Jonghyun whined.

 

Seungyeon glanced at Jonghyun then turned her head back at the view outside. "Jonghyun do you like rain more or snow more?"

"I don't know.. I don't care.. I just like you. So come here already!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

Seungyeon smiled widely then finally jumped beside Jonghyun on his bed. "Yes sir!" she exclaimed and hugged Jonghyun tightly. Jonghyun wrapped his

arms tightly around her.

 

"Yah~~ Why did you just ignore me so cruelly?" Jonghyun pouted.

"Doesn't it feel much better now that you had to wait for a little longer. The hug felt much more special right?" Seungyeon chuckled and looked at Jonghyun gently and played with his ear. Jonghyun just kissed her cheek.

 

"I missed you so much!" Jonghyun said looking at her. Seungyeon pushed her head against Jonghyun's head. "Me too!"

 

"What do you usually do here in the hospital all day?" Seungyeon looked around.

Jonghyun shrugged. "Nothing that special, watch TV or play some games with Key or go walk around somewhere... nothing much."

"Ohh I see.." Seungyeon stared at the wall. "How do I have a feeling that your favorite hobby here has been staring at that wall all day?"

 

"How would you know?" Jonghyun giggled.

"That wall just looks like it has been interacting with my Jonghyun a lot." Seungyeon giggled.

"Well.. it's been boring here, I admit." Jonghyun chuckled.

 

"Hmm.. what should we do to take take your boredom away?" Seungyeon tilted her head.

"You don't need to do anything.. just that you are here is enough for me." Jonghyun smiled.

 

Seungyeon smiled at him then started searching for something from her bag. She took her camera.

"Let's take some pictures. Today is a special day anyway.." Seungyeon said and opened her camera and streched her arm to take a photo of the both of them.

"Araso" Jonghyun said and posed for the camera.

 

"Ready.. 1..2..3!!" Seungyeon said putting on a bright smile.

They took a few more pictures together.

 

"You know what, I have an idea what we can do now!" Seungyeon suddenly exclaimed.

"What kind of idea?" Jonghyun tilted his head.

"Let's record a video for our baby, so he or she can watch the video when their old enough!" Seungyeon said excited.

"But what would we say.. and i'm not in my best condition. I want to look my best for our kid.. I want to look like a cool dad.. now i'm not at my best to be in front of camera." Jonghyun said.

"Stop talking, you couldn't get more handsome... besides it's already recording!" Seungyeon said.

"What?!" Jonghyun stared at the camera.

"You say something first!" Seungyeon whispered to him.

 

"Um.. annyeong! It's your appa!" Jonghyun smiled and waved at the camera Seungyeon was holding.

"And this is your umma!" Seungyeon pointed the camera at herself and smiled widely. "Woah!! I think that you our baby, you must be soooooo big already now that you are watching this video! Umma and appa look so young in this video don't they?!" Seungyeon giggled.

Seungyeon then pointed the camera at Jonghyun again. "Actually at this time..we don't even know much about you yet. You are still in your mummy's stomach. But I know that you are going to be the most perfect kid there is... because you are our own!!!" Jonghyun said.

 

Seungyeon then filmed them both together. "Today is a really special day for us so I wanted to film this special video for you. But I hope you aren't too embarrassed to see your mom and dad talking like this to the camera. "

 

"Appa loves you!" Jonghyun said. "Umma loves you too, so much!" Seungyeon said too.

"Annyeong!!!" Seungyeon and Jonghyun waved at the camera and Seungyeon stopped recording.

 

"It was short but I think our baby will like it." Seungyeon smiled.

Jonghyun stared at the camera silently for a moment. "I hope I will be there when our baby is old enough to watch that though.. you know.. you never know.. if I..if something happens.."

 

Seungyeon stared at Jonghyun then placed her hands on his shoulders. "Jonghyun.. you will be there. You will."

"I really hope so." Jonghyun said silently.

 

"Don't just hope that it happens but believe.. believe that you will defeat this sickness. Believe that you will be there. We will all be there together when our baby is old enough to watch our video. We will." Seungyeon said trying to give Jonghyun hope to beat his sickness, she really wanted Jonghyun to think positively about the future now.

 

Jonghyun held Seungyeon's hand in his. "I'm so happy you are with me here again Seungyeon."

Seungyeon kissed his cheek gently. "Me too. So happy."

 

Seungyeon then got up and turned off the lights and laid down beside Jonghyun.

"Look at those lights, they look pretty there on the wall don't they?" Seungyeon pointed.

 

From outside, from the window, the streetlight was glowing against the wall. And the lights from the cars that came to the hospital were also playing on the walls.

 

"Mmm.. it's pretty." Jonghyun said kissing Seungyeon's head.

Seungyeon smiled and pulled closer to Jonghyun.

 

There was no other place in the whole world she wanted to be at. All that mattered to her was now that she was with Jonghyun again. They were together.

-

-

After a few months Seungyeon was visiting Jonghyun again when suddenly she felt a really painful feeling in her stomach.

 

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun asked worried when he noticed a painful expression on Seungyeon's face.

"I.. I don't know.. my stomach.. it hurts.... a lot." Seungyeon cried out.

 

"What?" Jonghyun quickly pushed the emergency button to call the doctor.

 

"It's way too early for the baby to be born... but why does it hurt so much?!" Seungyeon whined.

 

Soon the doctors came to the room.

"Seungyeon, there is something wrong with her. Her stomach hurts really badly... please do something. Help her." Jonghyun told the doctors worried.

 

The doctor led Seungyoen outside to get her examined.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

"Your baby has turned to a strange position inside your stomach. It should be okay though but if your baby turns much more from here it might be really dangerous to it. So you need to be extremely careful from now on.. there is still a few months before your baby is to be born so during those months be careful and even from the slightest pain you might feel around your stomcah, you must go and tell a doctor about it right away. And the pain you are now feeling it should be gone in a while.. so for now don't worry too much. Just pay careful attention to how you are feeling and let us kniow if anything feels strange....." the doctor told Seungyeon after examining her.

 

"Okay.." Seungyeon nodded and touched her stomach feeling really worried that something might happen to their baby.

 

The doctor smiled and tapped Seungyeon's shoulder. "Don't worry too much, i'm sure everything will be fine."

Seungyeon returned to Jonghyun's room. Jonghyun quickly rushed to her.

 

"What happened? Are you okay? The baby?" Jonghyun bombarded Seungyeon with questions.

"Jonghyun relax I'm fine and so is the baby." Seungyeon calmed Jonghyun.

Jonghyun released a breath of relief. "Thank goodness. I was super worried and the nurses wouldn't let me go with you. They were saying something like 'You need to rest' and stuff like that."

 

Seungyeon chuckled a bit.

 

"You're so weird. I wouldn't have let you come either. You need to rest." Seungyeon repeated what the nurses told him.

"Fine." Jonghyun pouted and went to the bed.

 

Seungyeon sat on the chair next to him.

 

"So what happened?" Jonghyun asked.

"Um.. well.. the baby kinda turned into a weird position." Seungyeon told him. "But he said it'll be fine as long as I rest."

"Oh..." Jonghyun looked at Seungyeon worried. "Than take plenty of rest. You don't have to come visit me if you're tired."

 

Seungyeon just shook her head. She grabbed Jonghyun's hand.

 

"Coming here isn't tiring. It's actually relaxing." Seungyeon kissed his hand.

 

Jonghyun let out a big smile. He leaned over to kiss her when someone knocked at the door.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Why can't I ever kiss you in peace?"

 

Seungyeon chuckled at his remark.

 

"Come in." Jonghyun yelled.

 

Jong Suk opened the door a crack and peaked his head in.

 

"Am I disrupting anything?" He asked.

"Yes." Jonghyun grumbled.

"No not at all." Seungyeon said loudly covering Jonghyun's voice.

 

Jonghyun threw a small glare at Seungeon then at Jong Suk. Jong Suk caught his glare.

 

Jong Suk chuckled a bit. "I think I was, but who cares. I brought some presents."