I Wish You Had Told the Truth

Map to My Heart

Jonghyun sat down in front of the doctor. The doctor pulled out Jonghyun's file.

 

"Mr. Kim it looks like you're responding well to the treatment. In a few months you should be free to go home." The doctor smiled.

"How long?" Jonghyun asked.

"Well you've been getting treatment for about a month and you're recovering faster then expected so... maybe six months to a year." The doctor replied.

"Thank you." Jonghyun smiled.

 

The doctor explained more about Jonghyun's health and about precautions before releasing Jonghyun. Jonghyun headed toward the hospital lobby to meet Key to tell him the good news.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"I'm going to the store." Seungyeon told Woohyun as she put on her shoes.

"Wait I'll come with you." Woohyun put the magazine he was reading on the coffee table.

"No! I mean no. I'm getting some girl things." Seungyeon stopped Woohyun.

"But-"

"Let her go alone. She has to buy some pads. I don't think she wants you to see them." His grandmother said bluntly causing Seungyeon to blush. "Plus you're following her around like a love sick puppy all the time I think she needs some air. If you're always following her she's never going to marry you." His grandmother said bluntly again.

"Grandma." Woohyun whined embarrassed.

"Just go sweetie." His grandmother ushered Seungyeon out. "Have fun."

 

Seungyeon smiled and nodded. She noticed Woohyun watching her through the window so she waved and smiled to him until he was out of his sight. Once she was out she sighed and put her hands on her stomach.

 

Am I really pregnant with Jonghyun's baby?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Congratulations you're two months pregnant." The doctor told the results.

"What? Two months? But I had a month ago." Seungyeon protested.

The doctor laughed. "We consider the last time your had your period, and you said you haven't had it for two months."

"Oh..." Seungyeon looked down.

"Well I have other patients so I have to leave. Don't forget to tell the father. Congratulations again." The doctor said and left.

 

Seungyeon looked at her tummy. She slowly caressed her tummy and a small smile appeared on her face.

 

I have Jonghyun's baby. Why is half of me sad and half of me happy?

 

Seungyeon walked out of the room. As she headed for the lobby she noticed a familiar figure in front of her. He wore a casual outfit and a beanie on his head. He also had a black bracelet on his wrist.

 

"Jonghyun?" She whispered.

 

Seungyeon slowly followed the figure, trying not to be caught. She watched as the figure went to the lobby waving at another person.

 

"Key!" Jonghyun waved to Key.

"Hey I just got here. So what did the doctor say?" Key ran up to Jonghyun.

"He said I could go home in about a year if I continue recovering at the rate I am." Jonghyun said happily.

"That's good." Key hugged Jonghyun.

"Thanks." Jonghyun smiled brightly.

"Look what I brought." Key held up a plastic bag with games inside. "I thought we could play this with Jong Suk, Donghae, and Jihyun later when they come over. Isn't it better than TV?" Key smiled proudly.

"Yes you are. Now let's go to my room. I want to own you in Battleship." Jonghyun put his arm around Key's neck and playfully messing Key's hair up.

 

Jonghyun and Key headed towards the elevator. Out of the corner of his eye Jonghyun spotted Seungyeon hiding. He stopped and looked, but she disappeared.

 

I must be seeing things. There's no way that she could be here.

 

Jonghyun shook his head and went with Key inside the elevator.

 

Meanwhile behind the wall Seungyeon held her heart that was beating like crazy.

 

I'm seeing things there's no way that Jonghyun could be here. He's in Italy with Sekyung right. But those people looked so much like Key and Jonghyun.

 

Seungyeon peeked her head out to look towards the elevator, but found no one.

 

I must be anxious because I'm pregnant with Jonghyun's baby.

 

Reality hit Seungyeon and she dropped her her knees.

"I'm pregnant with Jonghyun's baby!!"

 

Seungyeon slowly walked out the hospital. She stopped on the store on her way home to buy something she didn't even need so that it would look like she had went to the town to just buy something.

 

Woohyun was doing something outside when Seungyeon came back. He waved at her. "Had fun?"

"Yeah..." Seungyeon said absent mindedly and walked towards the house.

 

Woohyun frowned. Did something happen?

 

Woohyun followed Seungyeon inside the house." Did you buy anything yummy?" he asked.

Seungyeon headed towards her room and looked at Woohyun.

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now." she said and closed the door.

 

Woohyun stared at the closed door and sighed. What's wrong with her?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Heyyy~~ Jonghyun!!!! Long time no see!" Donghae exclaimed as he came in the door to visit Jonghyun with Jihyun and Jong Suk.

"Helloooo~~!" Jong Suk said happily.

Jihyun waved at Key and Jonghyun too.

 

"Good to see you guys!" Jonghyun smiled happily.

"We got good news!" Key said.

 

"What kind of news?" Jong Suk asked curiously.

"Jonghyun, you tell them yourself." Key said to Jonghyun.

 

"Well.. the doctor said that I have been recovering so well that I might be able to go back home in about a year!" Jonghyun said.

 

"Really?! That is great!!" Jihyun exclaimed and hugged Jonghyun.

"Those are some really amazing news Jonghyun!!" Jong Suk hugged him too.

"We should celebrate this somehow!" Donghae chuckled giving a hug to Jonghyun too.

 

"Well.. we got some games I brought. Should we play?" Key said.

"Sure, let's play!" Donghae said.

 

Jihyun stared at Jonghyun silently for a moment. "It would be good if Seungyeon would be here in a moment like this too..." she mumbled.

"What did you say?" Key asked.

"I just wish that Seungyeon and Woohyun were with us here too... I miss them." Jihyun said and stared straight at Jonghyun. "I wish you didn't have to do it this way.. you were so happy. But now I can't even contact Seungyeon or Woohyun.. I wonder what they are doing."

 

Jonghyun felt a sting in his heart when he heard that. Everyone went silent.

 

When Jihyun had first time heard about how Jonghyun had lied to Seungyeon about the real situation, she had really been against it and had threatened to tell the truth to Seungyeon. But Donghae had managed to persuade her to stay out of it all, so she had not told Seungyeon anything. But she still felt that what Jonghyun had done was so wrong towards Seungyeon.

 

"I wish you would've just told her the truth." Jihyun said to Jonghyun. No one said anything.

 

Jong Suk cleared his voice a little bit. "So.. um.. should we start the game?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Another month passed by. Seungyeon and Woohyun were still at Woohyun's grandmother's house.

 

Seungyeon tried her best to hide the fact that she was pregnant, but as time went by it got harder and harder for her to hide it.

 

One morning as they were all watching TV in the living room. Woohyun's grandma suddenly spoke up.

"Woohyun. Seungyeon. Have you been doing some funny businesses in my house?" she asked.

 

Woohyun and Seungyeon looked at her confused then at each other.

"Funny businesses?" Woohyun asked.

"Yes, can't you read between the lines dear. Did you have ?" she bluntly asked her grandson.

 

"Grandma!!" Woohyun exclaimed.

"It's a simple question, just answer with yes or no." his grandmother said.

 

Woohyun glanced at Seungyeon who was blushing, so was he. "Why would you ask something like that just like that? We didn't......" Woohyun answered embarrassed.

"Yeah. We didn't." Seungyeon said.

 

"Then how come Seungyeon is pregnant?" Woohyun's grandmother asked and stared at Seungyeon.

Seungyeon froze and stared at Woohyun's grandma shocked.

 

How can she know?! I didn't tell anyone!

 

"PREGNANT?! What do you mean pregnant?!!" Woohyun exclaimed in a shock,

His grandmother shook her head and sighed. "Don't you see her stomach? Seungyeon you are pregnant aren't you?"

 

Seungyeon stared down at the floor and played with her fingers. Woohyun looked at Seungyeon wide eyed, he now noticed how big her stomach had become too.

 

"Seungyeon... you.. are you... you going to have a baby?!" Woohyun asked.

"I- I- yeah..." Seungyeon said silently and nodded.

"You... because you were with Jonghyun? Isn't it.. Jonghyun's baby?" Woohyun asked silently.

 

Seungyeon couldn't take the athmosphere anymore and got up and walked to her room to be alone.

"So not your baby? But that boyfriend's Seungyeon used to have?" Woohyun's grandmother asked.

"Yeah... I think it is.." Woohyun said silently and stared at the floor.

 

The old jealousy started building up inside of him as he thought about the fact that Seungyeon and Jonghyun had slept together and now Seungyeon was even going to have his child.

 

Even though Woohyun felt bad for Jonghyun for having such illness, at that moment he felt extremely jealous again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After some time Woohyun had calmed down from his jealousy and he thought about it all again.

I promised Jonghyun to take care of Seungyeon didn't I? I shouldn't be here jealous like this.. I need to support Seungyeon right? No matter what happens..

 

Woohyun walked to Seungyeon's room and knocked the door. "Can I come in?"

There was no answer so he just opened the door and went in.

 

Seungyeon was there sitting on her bed playing with the bracelet on her wrist again.

Woohyun sat down beside her and suddenly held her hand.

 

"About that baby... are you going to tell Jonghyun about it?" Woohyun asked gently.

Seungyeon stared down. "I ... I don't know. I don't even know how to contact him.... and.. I.. I'm not sure if Jonghyun would even want this baby..."

 

Woohyun nodded and caressed her hand in his gently.

"I just want you to know that.... I will be here for you. I can take care of you and your baby." Woohyun said and paused for a moment. "I would even marry you... and I could become a dad to that child, if you want that of course. I just want you to know that i'm here for you Seungyeon."

 

Woohyun couldn't even believe he had said that to Seungyeon. He was far from being ready to be a father to a child that was on top of all not even his own. But because Woohyun cared so much about Seungyeon he said so, he wanted to try. He was just hoping that Seungyeon would be willing, if not now then later.

 

Seungyeon stared at Woohyun and smiled a small smile. "Thank you... I will think about that...but not now."