If You Don't Like Me Don't Lead Me On

Map to My Heart

The gondolier began to row the boat. They saw many pretty sights and pretty lights. Seungyeon began taking pictures of everything. Unknowingly Seungyeon had held Jonghyun's hand.

Jonghyun felt Seungyeon's hand in his, he squeezed it tighter.
Just for today, I will imagine she is mine. Just for today.

"Don't those gondoliers usually sing too?" Seungyeon said.
Jonghyun glanced back at the gondolier. "Maybe he isn't the singing type.."

"Then can you sing something Jonghyun if he doesn't?" Seungyeon asked. She thought hearing Jonghyun's voice would make the moment even more perfect.

Jonghyun glanced at Seungyeon. "Okay then." he said. He looked at the other boat that just passed them by and cleared his voice a bit.
He then started singing.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct4mVN3r0Zg

Seungyeon listened to him with a smile on her face, Jonghyun's voice was so calming and so beautiful she felt like she wanted that moment to last forever. She carefully leaned her head on Jonghyun's shoulder and looked around her.

After a while the gondolier started singing with Jonghyun too as he felt it was his duty, trying to harmonize.
Even though Seungyeon had hoped to hear the gondolier sing a while ago, now she only wanted to hear Jonghyun's voice, no one else's.

The song soon ended, Jonghyun looked at Seungyeon who was leaning on his shoulder. He was hesitating if he should put his arm around her or not.
If only tonight..

Jonghyun carefully held his arm around Seungyeon.

"Jonghyun, you know what?" Seungyeon said.
"Mmmh?" Jonghyun mumbled.
"I think you were much better than that gondolier, I didn't really want him to start singing at all." Seungyeon said.
"I think he tried to fill his duty." Jonghyun said glancing back at the gondolier.

The gondolier smiled at Jonghyun and suddenly gave a red rose that was on a basket ready to give for customers, he winked at Jonghyun and pointed at Seungyeon, signing that Jonghyun should give it to Seungyeon.

Jonghyun took the rose then looked at Seungyeon.
"Here." he said handing Seungyeon the rose.
"Wow, where did this come from?" Seungyeon was surprised and took the rose from Jonghyun.
"Well, it just suddenly fell from the sky." Jonghyun grinned not telling Seungyeon the gondolier gave it to him.
"It didn't. But thank you." Seungyeon smiled widely as she touched the petals.

She then grabbed Jonghyun's hand and pecked his hand like in old movies.

"What are you doing?" Jonghyun chuckled at her.
"Don't they do that in all the movies?" Seungyeon asked.
"Not the women, a man should kiss a woman like that in movies like that. It's just strange if you do that." Jonghyun giggled.
"Oh, that's right...." Seungyeon giggled. "I was just trying to do a romantic thank you kiss about the rose."

"I can show you how it's done." Jonghyun said and grabbed Seungyeon's hand. He gently kissed the back of her hand while he gently gazed at Seungyeon with his brown eyes.

When Jonghyun did that, Seungyeon felt like her heart would jump out of her chest any minute, and if they had been walking she might have lost her balance.

Seungyeon stared at Jonghyun as he let her hand down. "That's how it's done in those old movies." he smiled.
"O-oh- l-i-ike that." Seungyeon stuttered.

Ahh... maybe it's just because of the atmosphere. It must be nothing, it must be nothing.. Seungyeon tried to calm down her fluttering heart.

Slowly Seungyeon leaned her head on Jonghyun's shoulder again. Jonghyun leaned his head on hers. The gondolier began to sing a love song.

As the love song got to the Jonghyun was really fighting back the urge to kiss Seungyeon again. The romantic setting and the fact that they were practically alone wasn't helping Jonghyun at all.

Slowly Jonghyun lowered his face to Seungyeon's. Their lips slowly touched. Their eyes closed and the kiss deepened. Jongyun finally felt Seungyeon's soft lips and he was craving for. They continued to kiss for a few minutes before Jonghyun realized what he was doing.

Jonghyun immediately pulled away from Seungyeon. "I'm sorry."
"What's wrong?" Seungyeon asked.
"Nothing." Jonghyun replied.
"I know your lying. I've been friends with you for a while you know." Seungyeon reminded him. "Tell me what's wrong."
"I don't want to ruin anything right now. I don't want to ruin my birthday, my feelings, or our friendship." Jonghyun confessed.
"I don't understand." Seungyeon said confused. "Did I do something wrong?"
"No, it's just... it's too over bearing and it hurts. I know I said a lot of things about trying to get over you, and trying to stay as friends, but it's not working." Jonghyun lowered his head and held his head with his hands. "I shouldn't have asked you to do anything today. I shouldn't have kissed you."
"Jonghyun-" Seungyeon said unsure.
"If you don't like me don't lead me on. I know I asked for it tonight, but say no next time." Jonghyun told Seungyeon. "I don't think I'll able to see you as only a friend, because I want to be more. I've been trying to change these feelings but I don't think it'll go away for a long time."

There was a silence between them after what Jonghyun had said. Seungyeon played with her fingers thinking about what had happened and what she was feeling for Jonghyun.

What if I really do like Jonghyun? ... it must be that I like him too, why else would I have kissed him so willingly, why else would my heart flutter like this when I'm close to him. why else did I feel uncomfortable when I saw him doing that kiss scene with Sekyung? why else was I so happy when I heard him call me his baby?... and Woohyun, these days I haven't even thought about him the way I did before. I must like Jonghyun. It must be true, it's not only because of this athmosphere, I like him.

Suddenly Seungyeon's feelings were clear to her. The boat had almost come to the place it left from. Jonghyun got ready to jump off the boat but Seungyeon stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Jonghyun please listen. I can go home after this by taxi or something, so I don't ruin your birthday, if you feel like it. But please listen to me first." Seungyeon asked of him. Jonghyun looked at Seungyeon then sat back down.

"Jonghyun I think something has changed, my feelings have changed." Seungyeon started. "When I am around you, when you come close to me, it's not the same anymore.. I feel strange, I'm nervous, my heart is beating so fast. It's not the same way when we were in Korea, I didn't feel like this at all for you. But now... today, I felt really happy when I heard you call me your baby and when you were with Sekyung I felt uncomfortable because maybe I was jealous....the kiss, I think that I didn't say no because I wanted it just as much as you did.. I didn't kiss you back to mislead you in any way. I'm really sorry if you think that i'm misleading you, but I'm not.... Jonghyun I think I like you too." Seungyeon finished saying what she wanted to say then got out of the boat.

Seungyeon stared in front of her for a moment surprised at herself for saying all that to Jonghyun. Did I just say that all to Jonghyun?

"I'm sorry if in any way I hurt your feelings before." Seungyeon said then turning to look back at Jonghyun. She then walked away from him, for some reason she didn't dare to face Jonghyun now that she had told her feelings for him.
She felt like she wanted to settle her mind as those feelings had just became clear to herself too.
Jonghyun stood frozen as he watched Seungyeon walked away.

Did I hear right? Did she just confess to me? Is my mind making up things?

Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Go get her. She's leaving." The Gondolier encouraged.

Jonghyun nodded and his feet began moving. Jonghyun ran to Seungyeon and caught her wrist. He swung Seungyeon around so she faced him and crashed his lips into hers.

Seungyeon stood wide eyed. She didn't know how to comprehend the situation. All she knew was that Jonghyun was kissing her and that her heart was beating super fast.

After a moment Jonghyun broke the kiss and hugged Seungyeon. "If it's a dream I don't want it to end."

Seungyeon's lips formed into a smile and her cheeks turned red. Seungyeon's arms found themselves around Jonghyun, returning the hug. Jonghyun squeezed her tighter as he felt her arms around him.

Jonghyun pulled away from Seungyeon without his hands leaving her waist. "Does that mean we're going out?" Seungyeon nodded without speaking. Jonghyun gave Seungyeon the most genuine smile that she ever saw. "Thank you." Jonghyun said as he leaned in to kiss Seungyeon. Seungyeon closed her eyes and returned the kiss.

~~~~~~~~

"So what happens next?" Seungyeon asked smiling brightly to Jonghyun. "Do we tell everyone?"
"I think you told everyone already." Jonghyun smiled looking down at Seungyeon.
"Oh yeah." Seungyeon remembered what happened earlier. "What about Krystal and Doojoon? There's also Donghae, Jihyun, and Woohyun."
"They'll figure it out." Jonghyun replied.

Jonghyun and Seungyeon held hands as they continued their way back home. The city was now dark with hardly any lights.

"Look you can see the stars." Seungyeon pointed to the stars. "Do you think we can catch it?" Seungyeon jumped trying to reach the stars.
"I already caught mine." Jonghyun lifted Seungyeon up into the air.
"Kyaa!" Seungyeon screamed in happiness.

~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun opened the door to their house silently. The room was dark, so Seungyeon flipped on the light switch to the stairway. Jonghyun and Seungyeon went up the stair. As they passed Doojoon and Krystal's room they heard weird noises coming out of the room.

"Jonghyun what's that noise?" Seungyen asked a little too loudly.

Suddenly the sound of something falling down was heard and the noises stopped.

"Ignore it and go into the room." Jonghyun quickly pushed Seungyeon into their room. "Shower tomorrow. We should go to bed now. It's almost 2 in the morning."
"Okay." Seungyeon yawned. "Turn around so I can change."
"You too." Jonghyun grabbed his shirt and pants.

After changing Seungyeon and Jonghyun went into bed. Jonghyun put his arm around her waist. "This is definitely the best birthday ever."
Seungyeon smiled. "Happy Birthday."

Jonghyun kissed her forehead before falling asleep.