The Other Models

Map to My Heart

The next morning Jonghyun was the first person up. He took a quick shower then went downstairs to make breakfast.

"Why are you up early?" Doojoon tiredly entered the kitchen.
"I usually wake up earliest in my household." Jonghyun scrambled some eggs. "Want to help?"
"Sure. I'll make the toast." Doojoon went to make toast.

Krystal and Seungyeon were woken up a few minutes later by the wonderful smell of food. They opened the door at the same time.

"Omo, I thought you were making the food?" They said together.

Fearing that the house might burn down Krystal ran to the kitchen. Seungyeon took her time there knowing that Jonghyun knew how to cook.

"What are you two doing in the kitchen?" Krystal asked as she checked if anything was broken or burning.
"Cooking." Doojoon replied.
"Cooking?" Krystal looked surprised. "You can't cook. Last time you almost burnt the apartment down."
"That was an accident. I didn't know that the napkin flew on the stove." Doojoon defended himself. "Plus, he cooked. I only made toast." Doojoon proudly lifted the plate full of toast.
"You can cook?" Krystal looked at Jonghyun.
"Yup. He can cook really well. His food always tastes good." Seungyeon finally entered the kitchen.

Seungyeon sat down at the table. Jonghyun served her her lemon juice. Doojoon brought his plate of toast to the table and sat down. Krystal also sat down. Jonghyun put the plate of food in front of everyone.

Krystal warily took a bite of her eggs. "It's good. What did you put inside? It tastes different."
"Secret." Jonghyun winked. "It's just milk and cheese. It adds calcium to the eggs."
"Try my toast. It's good." Doojoon put toast on Krystal's plate, slightly jealous that Jonghyun was being complimented.

As they were eating their breakfast the doorbell rang.
Krystal ran to open the door.

"Morning." Joongki said walking in.
"Oh, what brings you here this early?" Krystal asked and closed the door after him.
"I came to bring you guys to the agency, you know it's really busy in the model world. I told you on Friday that you would have to be there at 12 but things changed and we should go right away. I'm sorry for not letting you know before. Are you kids ready?" Joongki said as he walked to the kitchen.

"We'll just finish eating this, then we are ready." Doojoon said.
"Araso, well I will be waiting outside in my car. Come quick okay." Joongki said.
"Ye." Jonghyun, Seungyeon, Krystal and Doojoon said in unison. Joongki smiled and walked out to go to his car.

They quickly finished eating, then rushed to get all their things they needed and went to Joongki's car after that. Jonghyun sat on the front seat with Joongki, while Krystal, Doojoon and Seungyeon sat on the backseat.

"Ready?" Joongki smiled as he started the car. He remembered the time when he had first time arrived to Italy, excited and nervous about everything like them now.

"I will give you one warning though. Be prepared that your schedule will be really busy, and unexpected things might happen... like when you think you have free time, someone might suddenly call you to come somewhere and work." Joongki told them. "Modeling can be hectic sometimes.. but it is also so much fun. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here."

"I'm so nervous..." Krystal leaned her head on Doojoon's shoulder and squeezed his hand tightly. Doojoon looked at Krystal gently and kissed her cheek. "Don't be. I will be right beside you." he said.

Seungyeon just glanced at them then looked out the window, trying to keep her nervousness away somehow. She took a deep breath and looked at the houses they were passing.

----------

They had been driving for about half an hour when they arrived to a big building. There was a big sign on the wall that said "Spring Models."

Joongki parked the car. "Here we are now. Don't be afraid, it will be fine, i'm sure." he walked ahead of the four to the building as they followed him inside.

They walked through a big hall and from there down the stairs to a big room. There were all the equipment for a photoshoot and there was one photoshoot just going.

Joongki walked to one man and said something and after a while he came to Jonghyun, Seungyeon, Krystal and Doojoon smiling widely.

"WELCOME!!!" The man said loudly and shook all their hands.

His voice caught the other people's attention in the room and all the people turned to look at Seungyeon, Jonghyun, Doojoon and Krystal interested to see the new people.

"This man here is like the biggest boss here." Joongki introduced the big voiced man. The man looked all over at the four. He examined all their features.

"This boy here, he has an excellent jawline.. and I can see from his eyes he will do well." The man said looking carefully at Jonghyun. Joongki translated what he said.
He then turned to look at Seungyeon. "She is a little bit short, but I think that will be fine... her eye shape is really beautiful."

Seungyeon felt a little bit uncomfortable that her body was being examined like that. She leaned a little bit closer to Jonghyun trying to get some comfort but as Seungyeon got closer, Jonghyun moved away from her slightly.

The man then looked at Krystal. "She is really well built and her height is good. Also very beautiful features on her face."

Doojoon felt really uncomfortable that another man was staring at his girlfriend like that and was about to snap at him to take his eyes off Krystal, but held it in as he knew he shouldn't make anyone that important angry at him on his first day. He bit his lip and stared at the man who now was examining him.

"This boy here.. his gaze is very charismatic and strong." he said. Then turned to look at them again. "Okay kids, go ahead and follow Joongki, you will go meet the other students now.. please try to get along well with everyone. We will see later."

Joongki lead them up the stairs to the second floor where the other model students were.
"Hey guys listen up we have more models for you to meet." Joonki said in English as they entered the room. "Here all from Korea."

The models stopped what they were doing and looked at them. Seungyeon, Doojoon, and Krystal couldn't help but gawk at the beautiful and handsome people in front of them. Jonghyun smiled as he was used to meeting actors and models thanks to his cousin Jaejoong.

"I'll introduce them." Joongki walked over to Krystal. "This is Krystal."
"Hello, I'm Krystal Jung. I can't wait to work with you." Krystal bowed then said in English.
"This is Doojoon." Joongki put a hand on Doojoon's shoulder.
"Hello, I'm Yoon Doojoon." Doojoon bowed.
Joongki went to Seungyeon. "This is Seungyeon."
Seungyeon bowed and gave an innocent smile. "Hello, I'm Han Seungyeon."
"And this is Jonghyun." Joongki put his arm around Jonghyun's shoulders.
"Hello, my name is Kim Jonghyun. It's very nice to meet you." Jonghyun bowed and flashed a smile. Joon nodded at Jonghyun.

The models each bowed then went to introduce themselves.



"Hi, I'm Ariel Lin. I'm from Taiwan." The girl with the Snoopy doll smiled.
"Aaron Yan. I'm also from Taiwan." A boy standing behind Ariel introduced himself.
"I'm Shida Mirai, call me Mirai." The youngest looking girl in the room cheerfully said.
"I'm Yamada Ryosuke, but people call me Yama-chan. I'm from Japan like her." The youngest looking boy stood by Mirai.
"Miura Harama. I'm also from Japan." A tall boy got up from his chair.
"My name is Kitagawa Keiko. I'm from Japan too." The iest looking girl bowed.
"Vikki Zhao. I'm from China." The toughest looking girl stood up.
"Lee Jong Suk. From Korea." A cold looking boy leaning against the wall said.
"Lee Joon. I'm from Korea too. I met Jonghyun yesterday. If you need anything let me know." Joon slung his arm around Jonghyun.
"And I'm Shin Sekyung." Sekyung eyed Jonghyun up and down before turning to the rest of them. "I'm also from Korea. If you need anything I'm here too."
Joongki's phone vibrated, so he went to answer it. He quickly ran back into the room.

"Well now that you met everyone. I got to go run an errand for the boss. But I'll still be in the building. I'll be back in half an hour." Joongki said apologetically. "When I come back we'll go get your things straightened out." Joongki ran out of the room.

"Okay?" Joon looked at the door then at Jonghyun. "He always does that."
"Oh." The nervously chuckled.

The models went back to what they were doing. Some were flipping through the magazine looking for new poses. Others were doing their makeup. Some talked among themselves.

"I'll show you around the models room." Joon said this time in Korean. "This is it." Joon spread his arms out.
"Yah. Stop that it's getting old." Jong Suk said as he flipped through a magazine, not bothering to look up.
"You're no fun." Joon pouted. "Anyway this is our dressing room. Since we usually don't have time to hang out its pretty small."

They looked around the room. All it had a few lockers on one wall. It also had a few clothes racks on the side, as well as a changing stall. On the opposite wall their was make-up stations that took up the whole wall. The stations also served as the tables. The middle of the room had two couches with a small table between them.

"We'll assign you lockers. Ariel." Joon called her.
"Lockers." Ariel guessed. "Follow me."

They went to the lockers.

"The left is for the men and right for the women. Take one that doesn't have a lock and write the number here. I'll give you the key and you can start using it. I'd put my bag in since you won't really need it." Ariel said.

They each choose their lockers and put their bags inside. Ariel skipped back to Aaron.

"Let's sit and wait my feet hurt." Krystal sat on the couch. Everyone followed.
"Can we sit?" The models gathered by the couch.
"Sure." Seungyeon smiled.

Some sat on the couch while others pulled up a chair.

"So is there anything you'd like to know?" Miura asked.
"Don't be shy." Yama-chan smiled.
"Okay. How many other models are there?" Doojoon asked with the best English he knew.
Krystal slapped him. "Already trying to find another girl?"
"I'm not trying to check out girls just want to know." Doojoon defended.
"There's a lot more models, but we're the people you'll mostly be working with. Usually they pair the Asians together because we have better chemistry, as they call it." Aaron answered.
"Do you all speak Itallian?" Seungyeon asked.
"Yes, some better then others. Some times the photographer isn't Italian, so we have to know English as well. We also use English to communicate with each other." Keiko answered.

There was a long pause as Doojoon and Seungyeon tried to process what they were just told. After a minute Krystal decided to translate.

"I have a question." Joon said loudly. "Who's the one that likes lemon juice?"

The models eyed Joon weirdly. Seungyeon raised her hand.

"Is it good?" Joon asked. "Isn't it sour? Plus it looks like pee."
Vikki slapped Joon's head. "I like lemon juice too. Got a problem?"
"No." Joon rubbed his head.
"He's still scared of her after the smoothie slipping incident." Mirai snickered to Yama-chan.
"You like lemon juice too?" Seungyeon beamed. "I've never met someone who also likes it before."
"Yeah it tastes good and it's healthy." Vikki flashed a beautiful smile.

Vikki and Seungyeon soon started talking about lemon juice. Then slowly everyone started having their own conversations.

"Hi, Jonghyun right?" Sekyung sat closer to Jonghyun. "So why did you decide to start modeling?"
"Her." Jonghyun pointed to Seungyeon. "She made a promise to Krystal and dragged me with her. But modeling doesn't seem so bad."
"So is she your girlfriend?" Sekyung asked.
Jonghyun's heart twitched. "No."
"Really?" Sekyung's face brightened up.