Two Letters

Map to My Heart

Jonghyun woke up to his phone alarm. He shut it off before it woke up Seungyeon. Jonghyun sat up and looked at the time, 3am.

 

Jonghyun laid back down and looked at Seungyeon's sleeping figure. He reached out and fixed her bangs. He kissed her on her forehead then on her lips.

 

Jonghyun watched as she moved closer to him, pulling herself closer to him before cuddling with him.

 

I don't think that bruise is from fighting, Mr Kim. Bruises don't form that fast. I believe you have leukemia. We'll have to run more tests to be sure if you have it and how far it has gone, but I don't see too much busing so I think you're still in the early stages. If you get treatment now you should be fine... But like I said we need to run tests to be certain.

 

Jonghyun stared at her goddess like figure. "Seungyeon, I'm sorry. I don't think I'm the one for you. You deserve someone better. Maybe I was the selfish one because you deserve someone who can make you happy for the rest of your life. You don't need someone like me who doesn't even know how long they have to live."

 

Jonghyun kissed her lips once again, before getting off the bed. He fixed the blanket of Seungyeon then grabbed his phone.

 

He dialed a number. "Woohyun, it's Jonghyun. I know it's really early, but could you come to Seungyeon's place now. Thanks."

 

Jonghyun cut the phone without letting Woohyun speak. The threw on his clothes and waited for Woohyun.

 

"What's going on?" Woohyun rushed though the door.

"I need to go somewhere and I didn't want to leave her alone." Jonghyun pat Woohyun's shoulder. "Don't go in her room, until she get's up. Also," Jonghyun handed Woohyun an envelope. "Don't open it til morning and you and Seungyeon read it together. Anyways I got to go. Bye." Jonghyun smiled and left the room leaving Woohyun standing there confused.

 

Jonghyun closed the door and silently let the tears fall from his eyes. This was by far the hardest thing he had to do in his life and it hurt him more than Seungyeon not returning his feelings. Jonghyun wiped his tears and walked down the hallway.

 

Seungyeon, I left two letters inside the envelope, one for you and one for Woohyun. Be happy without me. Love Woohyun as much as I love you or more than I love you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jonghyun stormed into the building where he and Woohyun went to pay for Woohyun's drugs.

 

"Well, well, well look who's here." The gangster smirked. "Here to join me."

"No, I have a proposition." Jonghyun said firmly.

"And what might that be." The man put his hands together.

"Let's race. If I win you leave me, Woohyun, and our friends alone for life. If you win I'll join your gang." Jonghyun looked straight into the man's eyes.

"Fine it's a deal, but I get to let my best racer drive." The man said.

"Deal."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jonghyun looked straight at the road in front of him. To his right was the person the gang leader selected to race.

 

"Ready. Set. Go!!!" The skimpy, y girl released the flag and the race began.

 

Jonghyun was faster than the other racer. He didn't care how fast he went. The only thing on his mind was freeing Woohyun from the gang.

 

When Jonghyun was near the finish line the man corner hit Jonghyun's car from behind. Jonghyun's car spun around then turned upside down before catching fire with Jonghyun inside.

 

"Leave him. He'll die. He won." The gang leader said before leaving the scene with his men.

 

Residents heard the commotion and came out of their houses. They called the ambulance. A young man pulled Jonghyun out of the car before it exploded.

 

"Taemin, is he okay?" Another boy ran up to the young man.

"Minho-hyung, he's unconscious, but I hope he'll be fine after the paramedics arrive." Taemin replied.

 

They looked at the unconscious Jonghyun, who was clutching the couple necklace and bracelet for dear life.

 

Soon paramedics arrived.

 

"How is he?" Minho and Taemin asked.

"He'll live, but we need to get to him to the hospital soon." The paramedics told them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next morning Seungyeon woke up and felt the bed next to her for Jonghyun. She opened her eyes and saw an empty bed.

 

"Jonghyun?" She looked around her room for him, but instead of him she saw a note on her mirror.

 

Seungyeon, wear your clothes and go to the living room. I love you baby. With Love, Jonghyun <3

 

Seungyeon smiled and put on her clothes. She went to the living room.

Seungyeon saw a figure sleeping on the couch under a blanket. She thought it was Jonghyun as his head was covered by the blanket.

 

Why would Jonghyun go sleep here? she chuckled in her head and sneaked quuietly to him, she carefully removed the blanket off him.

 

"Jong--" she said but stopped to stare at the guy sleeping there. Her eyes widened. Woohyun?!

She shook Woohyun's shoulder. "Wake up!!"

 

Woohyun opened his eyes tiredly and noticed Seungyeon there, he quickly sat up.

 

"How did you get here? Where is Jonghyun?" Seungyeon asked him and sat down beside Woohyun.

"Oh.. Jonghyun." Woohyun scratched his head. "Well.. he just asked me to come here in the middle of the night, he said he had to go somewhere and he didn't want you to be alone so he called me here."

"Go where?" Seungyeon frowned.

"I'm not too sure about that.." Woohyun said then remembered Jonghyun talking about some letters. "But he said that he left some letters for both of us.."

"Letters?" Seungyeon asked.

"Yeah, I don't know why. I thought he was a bit strange when I came here." Woohyun shrugged.

"Then where are the letters?" Seungyeon asked looking around.

"There on the kitchen table. I didn't read anything yet, Jonghyun told me that we both should read those together when you wake up." Woohyun said.

 

Seungyeon right away got up and rushed to the kitchen. Woohyun followed.

 

Seungyeon saw two white envelopes on the table. On the other it was written "For Seungyeon" and on the other was written "For Woohyun."

 

When Seungyeon saw those envelopes, she got a really horrible gut feeling, suddenly she really didn't want to know what was written inside. She just stared at the envelopes in silence for a moment.

 

"We should read them." Woohyun looked at Seungyeon and took the envelope that was for him then handed Seungyeon the envelope that was for her.

 

Seungyeon stared at it in her hands without opening it.

"Open it." Woohyun told her and started opening his own letter.

"O-oh-- I will.." Seungyeon mumbled and slowly opened the envelope and took out the letter.

 

~~~~~~~~

Seungyeon- it's me Jonghyun.

There is something I need to tell you, i'm too much of a coward to say this face to face so I wrote you this letter. After you have read this letter you might hate me but I think it's for the better if you start hating me.

 

Seungyeon... I have found another woman. I lied to you yesterday, when you asked if I was texting with some other girl but I was. Actually, while I was in Italy.. I spent alot of time with Sekyung.. and I fell in love with her. Deeply. I never expected that to happen but I did. I'm really sorry to say this to you but I love Sekyung. And I will go back to be with her.

 

I know that this will hurt you so much. I have been pretending that everything was the way it was before, even yesterday. And about all that, I am deeply sorry. Seungyeon, I really am sorry.

 

I will understand if you never forgive me, I will understand if you will hate me to death. I'm a horrible heartless bastard for hurting you like this, so Seungyeon just forget about me. Don't try and find me. I'm not the one for you.

 

You must find someone better than me and live happily with that person. I know that Woohyun would be more than willing to stay by your side and love you, he really cares about you. So instead of me, please love Woohyun or if not him then some other better guy than me.

 

Don't try and find me. I'm sorry.

 

-Jonghyun

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seungyeon stared at all the text on the letter shocked. She was unable to believe what she had just read.

At the same time Woohyun was reading his letter unable to believe what was written on it either, he was fighting hard to hold back the tears that were about to form to his eyes as he was reading.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun.

There is something really important that I have to tell you, so read this letter really carefully.

 

Yesterday at the hospital the doctor asked me to stay for a bit longer. He had seen some bruises on my wrists that couldn't have come from the fight yesterday. The doctor said that I might have leukemia, I have to go through some tests more though but there is a possibility that I will die because of that.

 

That's why Woohyun I have a request to ask of you. I came to help you with the gang problem you had so you owe me, you must do as I tell you okay?

 

Woohyun, you must take care of Seungyeon. Keep her safe and love her, love her with all your heart. Love her so much that she will forget about me.

 

I wrote Seungyeon another letter. I lied to her that I'm dating another girl, one girl that I met in Italy. Please make sure that Seungyeon believes that, you must not tell anything about me having leukemia and possibly dying.

Seungyeon has to forget me and continue living happily, with someone else than me. I don't know anyone better than you to be with her. Even though I hate to lose Seungyeon to you, it's for the better.

 

Seungyeon shouldn't suffer and be sad because of me. That's why I couldn't, I just couldn't tell her about my illness, I know how she would suffer if she found out I might die. I don't want her to hurt.

 

Even though I know that, the story about another girl with me will hurt her too. But instead I want her to think that i'm a bastard who cheated on her and hate me than see her being sad and miserable because of me.

 

I'm not the one for Seungyeon but maybe you are.

But I really do love Seungyeon and I hate to do this but it's best for everyone.

 

Make sure that Seungyeon doesn't try and find me, she should just forget about me. And don't let Seungyeon read this letter that I wrote for you, you must keep all this as a secret. Keep it a secret from everybody else too.

 

I'm not sure if we will see again. And even if we do meet again and Seungyeon is there too, act like I really hurt Seungyeon by cheating on her and just give me a beating or something like that.

 

I trust you Woohyun, you have been a good friend.

Take care of Seungyeon for me.

 

- Jonghyun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Woohyun squeezed the letter in his hand and crumpled it deep into his pocket making sure Seungyeon wouldn't try and read it.

 

No. This can't be true.. what is this? Jonghyun.. he might die? How can this be.. Jonghyun.. he can't die! I don't want him to die..

Woohyun stared at the table in a shock, slowly a tear dropped on the table from his eye. He quickly dried his eyes so that Seungyeon wouldn't see.

 

"He is lying. Jonghyun is lying to me.." Seungyeon shook her head in misbelief. "He wouldn't do something like this to me. He is lying. Something must be wrong. Why is he lying to me like this?"

 

Woohyun stared at Seungyeon, he felt really bad. Seungyeon looked at Woohyun. "What did he write to you? Show me your letter!"

"Well.. it was just about him finding some other girl and that I should take care of you." Woohyun lied.

"Why is Jonghyun like this? Why is he lying like this? Why does he want to leave me?" Seungyeon said and took her phone.

 

"Something is wrong." Seungyeon said and dialed Jonghyun's number. She tried to reach him but he didn't answer. She called Key, Jong Suk, Donghae and Jihyun but none of them knew where Jonghyun was.

 

"Where is he? Something is wrong? He is lying to me! I need to go find him!" Seungyeon cried out and ran out the kitchen. Woohyun ran after her and grabbed her arm.

"Wait! You shouldn't go! Maybe he really did find another girl, don't go to him! He doesn't want that!" Woohyun said.

"I must go!!!" Seungyeon said and tried to get off Woohyun's grip but he pulled her closer to himself and hugged her tightly.

 

"Don't go! Jonghyun has already left." Woohyun said gently.

"No!! He- he- didn't- he -- Jo-Jonghyun--" Seungyeon couldn't stop her tears anymore and cried against Woohyun's chest.

 

I will take care of her for you Jonghyun. I promise. Woohyun Seungyeon's hair gently and silently let his tears fall too.