Seungyeon's Answer

Map to My Heart

Before long is was already Tuesday night. Seungyeon was at home, walking around restlessly thinking about what to do.

Should I go to Europe with Jonghyun? Or stay here with Woohyun? Should I date Woohyun or date Jonghyun? Or... just stay single? I have always wanted to travel to other countries though.. this kind of opportunity doesn't come very often.... and I could even learn about modeling...

She stared at her suitcase that was in the corner of the living room. Going to Europe really sounded appealing to her. She walked to it and opened it.

Why not.... I should go to Europe. Maybe I will never get this chance again..yes I will go.

Seungyeon smiled and started thinking about things she should pack with her.

But about Woohyun and Jonghyun... I really don't know..

~~~~~~~~~~

Next day Wednesday it was already the last class. Seungyeon stared absentmindedly out of the window, nervous about the fact she would have to face Jonghyun after the class.

Jonghyun and Woohyun were both just as nervous as they knew Seungyeon would give the her answer to Jonghyun soon.
The whole week at school had been awkward. There had been huge tension between Jonghyun and Woohyun, and Seungyeon had been avoiding them both.

Finally the bell rang to go home. Seungyeon flinched when she heard it. She lifted her head up and glanced at Jonghyun who was sitting in front of her.
She felt a little bit sick from her stomach from the nervousness.

"You coming?" Woohyun asked Seungyeon when she wasn't getting up.
Seungyeon was silent for a while then shook her head. "You go ahead.. I need to talk with Jonghyun. "

Woohyun stared at Seungyeon afraid she would say yes to Jonghyun then walked out the class with the other students.

Now only Jonghyun and Seungyeon were the only one's in the class.

Seungyeon took a deep breath and sat to the seat next to Jonghyun's.
Jonghyun turned to face her, his heart beating fast from nervousness, expectation and fear.

Seungyeon stared at the desk and tapped it with her fingers a little.
"Jonghyun.... " She started.
"The fact that you said you like me, and the fact that you always take so good care of me, you are always there for me... I'm really thankful about that all. I really am."

Jonghyun gazed at her already predicting what she might say. She will say that she will go to Woohyun...

"But I..." Seungyeon continued still just staring down at the desk. "I decided that I will go to Europe with you. But your feelings for me.... I'm sorry but I don't think I can accept them. The way you feel for me, I don't feel the same for you. I don't want to lie for you and say yes just because that would make you happy. I know it would. But as you told me... if I start dating someone, I want to also feel the same for them. You are really a precious friend for me... and about Woohyun, I have liked him for a very long time I know but I will not go to him either. All this.... I feel too confused, all this came too fast for me... I needed time to think... But you both confessing so suddenly to me, I don't know what to think about it. I want to go to Europe, just because I want to go there and because I want to experience something new... Not because I chose you or chose Woohyun. So... Jonghyun for now... I have to say no to you..... I don't know if I will start to develop some feelings for you later on but now I don't feel the same way for you. I'm really sorry that I was misleading you with that kiss.. I don't know what came to me. But please don't wait thinking that I will start liking you. Don't only think about only me... There must be much better girls out there than I am. Jonghyun, let's just go to Europe and experience all those exciting things together as friends... And after that when we come back... What will happen I don't know. "

Seungyeon finished speaking and turned to look at Jonghyun carefully.

"I understand." Jonghyun said, but couldn't look at Seungyeon in the face. "Tomorrow I asked Key to pick you up right after school and help pick up your passport. I wanted to go with you but something came up." Jonghyun lied, he knew he would probably get rejected so he asked Key the day Woohyun confessed.
"Okay. I'll go with Key." Seungyeon faked a smile.
"Alright, well I got to go. Bye." Jonghyun gave Seungyeon the best fake smile he could to hide the pain and ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun decided to hang out with his cousin Jaejoong after leaving the school and getting rejected.

"Tough isn't it." Jaejoong smiled after hearing Jonghyun's story.
"Yeah, it hurts to act like a good guy and smile. I wanted to punch Woohyun badly." Jonghyun sipped his water.
"But it'll be over soon. Maybe when you're in Europe you can convince her that you're a great guy to be with. If not you can get a European chick." Jaejoong joked.
"Funny. I think that I'll just go and be a student. I'll put aside any romantic and love ideas. I'll just be single instead of single looking for love." Jonghyun smiled.
"Just don't be mistaken for a gay." Jaejoong joked causing him to get smacked in the head. "Yah!! Don't hit your hyung!!"

Jonghyun laughed then gulped his water. "I'm leaving now."
"Alright, well call me while you're in Europe. Also try to get Krystal to say a few good words about me to Jessica." Jaejoong winked.
"Just ask Jessica to get back together. If I remember what she said on Saturday, I think she still likes you and wants to get back together." Jonghyun told him.
"Really?" Jaejoong perked up. "I'll call her after this then."

Jonghyun shook his head then left Jaejoong's house. He immediately grew sad again. All the sadness that he thought he left behind at Jaejoong's house came back to him.

I think sharing a room in Europe is going to be difficult for me. I need to stop thinking about Seungyeon.

~~~~~~~~~~

Did I make the right decision or not? I might be a single forever for doing this but I really can't choose between Woohyun and Jonghyun.. I just can't decide now. If all this had happened a few months before, I would have chosen Woohyun without any hesitation but now I just don't know what I want anymore.. so it's just better to stay single for now.

Seungyeon pondered as she was sitting on the couch at her house, just changing channels as there was nothing interesting on TV.

Seungyeon thought about Jonghyun's reaction at the class when she had given her answer. Even though Jonghyun had tried to smile, it had been clear to Seungyeon that he was really hurt. The sadness and disappointment had been written all over his face.

Jonghyun must be so hurt right now... because of me. Seungyeon thought sadly.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Who is that?

Seungyeon went to open and saw Woohyun standing there.

"Hi.. can I come in?" Woohyun asked smiling faintly.
Seungyeon let him in and closed the door after him. Woohyun walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.
"Watching cartoons huh?" Woohyun grinned pointing at the TV that was on.
"Hey look it's Pokémon!!!! I didn't know they still show it on TV!!"

Seungyeon smiled a little bit and sat beside him.
"I was such a huge fan of Pokemon when I was young, I collected all the Pokemon cards and stuff... you too?" Woohyun asked.
"Of course I collected those." Seungyeon said smiling a little.

Woohyun stared at the TV for a while and there was just a scene where Ash said 'I choose you' while throwing his pokeball.

"I wish life was easy like that, you would just say 'I choose you' to someone you like and they would just come to you." Woohyun said silently. Seungyeon just sat there without a word.

"Seungyeon... I heard what you said to Jonghyun today after class. You rejected him right? And your not going to come to me either right?" Woohyun asked.
"What? Were you eavesdropping?" Seungyeon frowned.
"No. I just heard what you said when I was waiting outside the class that you would come out." Woohyun denied.

"Seungyeon, I want you to know that I will stay here and wait for you, even though six months is a long time. When you come back I hope you can accept me... I will try to be as patient as I can and just wait for you and not meet other girls. In six months you will have enough time to think about this all, I know my confession was very sudden, but it took me this long to realize that I liked you.... And I think you will get sick of Jonghyun while you spend all that time with him in Europe. So when you come back, you might change your mind about me and come to me... I will do my best and become a really really cool man for you." Woohyun said.

Seungyeon let out a small sigh.
"Woohyun, please.. don't wait for me." she said.

"No, I will wait." Woohyun said looking straight at Seungyeon. There was a long silence before Woohyun spoke again.

"While you are in Europe I hope you don't change and will still hang out with me when you come back though. You will spend all that time with those sophisticated model people there.. maybe you will become like them too."

"I don't think I will change into anything. And of course I will hang out with you when I come back. You are my friend, what would I do without our Woohyunie." Seungyeon nudged him slightly.
"Yeah, what would you do?" Woohyun grinned. "Seungyeon, promise to keep in touch with me through MSN or Skype, come online as often as you can okay?"
"Okay, I will." Seungyeon smiled.

"Ahhhh... how can I live six months without you!!?" Woohyun pouted slightly and leaned his head on Seungyeon's shoulder.
"You can, besides you still got Donghae and Jihyun here." Seungyeon said tapping his shoulder.
"I know... but still...." Woohyun sighed. "You won't be here to see my solo stage at school where I reveal my honey abs!!!"

"Mianhe..." Seungyeon said.

"Aww..... and Seungyeon remember, since you are going to hang out with some model guys probably, who will have nice bodies with great abs. If you see them, then don't even glance at them okay? Don't even glance at them!" Woohyun exclaimed.
"If you want to see abs then I can send you some video where I show you my abs and you can watch that okay?!"

"Yah! It's fine you don't have to send me any videos!" Seungyeon punched his shoulder gently and laughed.
"And... and don't let Jonghyun get too close to you. If he tries to do something y to you, then tell me and I will fly all the way from here and give him a beating." Woohyun said.

"Araso..." Seungyeon said. She didn't dare to tell him that she and Jonghyun would be sharing a room together the whole time they would be in Europe.

"Oh, and I'm planning to come and visit you guys at some point there. If I just first get some part time job and get the money to buy flight tickets." Woohyun said. "So when I come, make sure you get me a place to sleep and give me a free tour around Europe, okay okay?"

"Okay then, I will." Seungyeon said.

I'm really going to miss Woohyun while we are gone.. She thought looking at Woohyun gently.