Screaming in the Truckbed

Map to My Heart

"I'm sitting in the truck bed." Woohyun said not wanting to be in the same place as Jonghyun.
"Can I too?" Seungyeon asked Jonghyun. "I've never sat in the back of the truck."
"Sure, just put your hat away. It might fly off." Jonghyun told her.

Jonghyun helped Seungyeon into the truck bed.

"I'm watching you." Jonghyun warned Woohyun before getting in the driver's seat.

He drove off at a moderate speed so they wouldn't fly off.

"We're going to eat pancakes for breakfast okay." Jonghyun told them through the window.
"Sounds yummy." Seungyeon replied.
"It's so cool here!" Seungyeon said excited as her hair flew in the wind.
"It is right. Besides we don't have to be together with that grumpy old man.." Woohyun said muttering the last part as he glanced inside the car where Jonghyun was driving.

"What did you say? I can't hear you well because of the wind." Seungyeon asked loudly.
"Nothing." Woohyun yelled at her.

"How about we wave at the people who are walking on the streets, let's see if they wave back at us." Seungyeon said.

"Annyeong!" Seungyeon yelled waving at some school girls who were walking. They all just stared at Seungyeon like she was crazy.
"Let me try." Woohyun giggled and waved at the same girls with a big grin on his face. "Annyeong!"

The girls stopped and stared at Woohyun mesmerized. "Oppa! You are so handsome!!" The girls screamed and waved back at Woohyun.

"That's unfair. They didn't even give me a small wave." Seungyeon pouted.
"Mian, but what can I do if they can't resist me." Woohyun giggled arrogantly.

"Better not pick girls to wave to then.." Seungyeon said and spotted two guys walking down the street.
"Annyeong!" Seungyeon waved smiling brightly at them.

One of the gyus waved back at her but the other jumped up a little as he was so shocked.
"Yah! You almost gave me a heart attack!!" The other guy yelled angrily at her.
"I'm sorry." Seungyeon yelled at him apologetic.

"Your scaring innocent citizens." Woohyun laughed.

Suddenly there was a a sharp turn and Seungyeon lost her balance for a moment.
"Woah." Woohyun grabbed her from her shoulders bringing her close to himself so she wouldn't fall over.
Even though the truck was now moving steadily again, Woohyun still kept holding Seungyeon tightly.

"I think it's fine now." Seungyeon said removing his arm off her shoulders.
"Oh..." Woohyun said pulling away from Seungyeon.

Am I really a ert or what, why am I like this? Woohyun gulped when he felt his heart beat faster.

Seungyeon looked at Woohyun who was now silent. "Are you okay? Is it about Jin Ae or...?"
"I'm okay... please just don't talk about her." Woohyun said as he remembered all that happened with Jin Ae again.
"Mian." Seungyeon said.

"How about we scare some more people?" Woohyun said changing the subject.
"How?" Seungyeon tilted her head.
"Just scream!" Woohyun said and started yelling as loud as he could. Seungyeon just looked at him and giggled.
"Hey, what are you doing? You scream with me too." Woohyun nudged Seungyeon.
"What if I don't?" Seungyeon grinned.
"Then I will... I willkissyou--I mean push you out of the truck.." Woohyun said fast. Yah, you really must be a ert Woohyun, why say that I will kiss her? Woohyun slapped himself in his mind.

Did he say he will kiss me? No I must've heard wrong.. Seungyeon tilted her head then poked Woohyun's arm. "You won't dare to push me out of this truck, I might die and you would be accused of murder."

"Oh, that might happen.. but Seungyeooon just scream with me, just once, it's fun." Woohyun whined.

"Araso." Seungyeon said and started screaming, Woohyun smiled and joined the screaming, but without Woohyun noticing about it Seungyeon stopped screaming almost right away that Woohyun started screaming, and he was once again just screaming alone.

"Yah! Why are you screaming like crazy people there!" Jonghyun yelled from the window. "People might think that I'm driving some insane aggressive animals in my truck!"

"Are we there soon I'm hungry!" Woohyun yelled back at Jonghyun.
Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Since you're so impatient why don't you drive!!" Jonghyun yelled even though he knew Woohyun didn't have a license.

After a few stoplights they arrived at the pancake place.

"Mac 24/7, is it good." Seungyeon asked as she walked into the restaurant.
"Yeah." Jonghyun replied.

The waiter took them to their seats. Woohyun sat by Seungyeon and Jonghyun sat alone across from them in their booth seating. Seungyeon looked at a the three medium pizza sized pancakes that was being served to the table across from them.

"Why's it so huge? I can't eat that by myself." Seungyeon said.
"Silly, all three of us are sharing the pancake." Jonghyun replied.
"Oh." Seungyeon said embarrassed.
"Let's get chocolate chip. I want to eat that." Woohyun said happily.
"Fine with me." Seungyeon smiled.

"Waiter!!" Woohyun called. The waiter came right away. "We're going to have one Chocolate Chip pancake."
"Would that be all?" The waiter asked.
"Can I have a strawberry milkshake?" Seungyeon asked.
"Make that two." Woohyun ordered.
"I'll have a strawberry-banana smoothie." Jonghyun ordered. "Also water for everyone."
"Alright you're order will be out shortly." The waiter bowed then left.

"Woohyun." Jonghyun called Woohyun who was twirling his fork. "You're paying for breakfast since I paid for dinner and the motel."
"Dinner?" Woohyun asked.
"Who do you think paid for the hamburgers, hotdogs, and water you drank last night?" Jonghyun asked.
"Her." Woohyun pointed to Seungyeon.

Jonghyun gave Woohyun a look. "I'd really let her pay for food and charcoal." Jonghyun said sarcastically.
"Fine I'll pay for breakfast." Woohyun took out his wallet and looked inside. "Can I pay you back? I only have a ten." Woohyun meekly smiled.
"Don't you have a card or something?" Jonghyun asked.
"No my mom canceled it after I spent too much at the mall for clothes." Woohyun rubbed the back of his head.
"If only he spent that much on his studying." Jonghyun mumbled. "Fine I'll pay." Jonghyun said.
"I can pay." Seungyeon spoke up. "I feel bad since you said for everything yesterday and the day before."
"It's okay. I'll pay for today." Jonghyun said. "You can pay for my food next time we hang out. Or you can get me a something real nice for my birthday since it's coming up soon." Jonghyun winked.
"Okay." Seungyeon said softly.

Seungyeon sank in her seat. Jonghyun had done a lot for me for these past few days. He's been there for me when Woohyun was with Jin Ae and he paid for everything when we hung out. He did a lot for me. Seungyeon sighed. I can't believe I almost for got his birthday, April 4th.

Jonghyun noticed Seungyeon spacing out and sighing. He immediately flashed his best smile.

"Hey." Jonghyun called Seungyeon. "Stop sighing. You should smile. You look prettier when you do."
Seungyeon flashed a smile. "Araso."
"Eww stop with the mushiness. You're flirting and I'm right here." Woohyun complained.
Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "I'm not flirting. I'm cheering her up as a friend. She looked kinda down for a second."
"Whatever." Woohyun said.
"So Seungyeon." Woohyun changed the subject. "Did you decide on a song for your solo or our duet?"
"Well I know what solo song I am going to perform but about the duet... are you sure you want to sing a love song?" Seungyeon asked.

Woohyun stayed silent for a moment and stuffed his mouth with some pancake.
"We can sing a love song, no problem... 'm not going to let what happened between me and Jin Ae affect anything." Woohyun said.

"Okay.. let's choose a love song then." Seungyeon said.

"Or how about this song.. you know this right.. I believe by Shin Seung Hoon? Though it's a bit sad.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncDtVflH2oM



Woohyun started singing the song as Jonghyun and Seungyeon listened.

I believe... Even though you are not with me, this is not how we part.
I believe... You're taking the long way back to me.

Woohyun had sang the first part when suddenly tears started falling down his cheeks. He had told himself so firmly that Jin Ae didn't affect him in any way anymore but it really did.

Seungyeon looked at Woohyun and decided to help him by singing the next verse. Woohyun listened to her and wiped away his tears then sang together with her.

Jonghyun stared at the two who were now singing facing each other like people in all duet love songs do.

Woohyun cleared his voice a little bit after the song had finished. He tapped his fingers on the table and spoke up. "Actually that song was something I sang for Jin Ae on our date when we went to the noraebang.." he said silently.

"Oh... are you sure you want to sing it then?" Seungyeon asked.
Woohyun nodded. "I don't want Jin Ae to affect our song choices in any way... It's a nice song and not only meant to be sung for Jin Ae."

"What about you Jonghyun? What are you going to sing?" Seungyeon asked.
"A love song with Onew while you two stare into each others eyes deeply? Ahh that's going to be so romantic." Woohyun joked.

Jonghyun glared at Woohyun.

"I'm really looking forward to hear you sing Jonghyun." Seungyeon smiled.
Jonghyun smiled back at her.

"You're not looking forward to my performance?" Woohyun pouted. "You really should expect... remember, my abs!" Woohyun tapped his tummy.
"Why start talking about your abs again?!" Jonghyun snapped as he ate.
"Of course I look forward to both of your performances." Seungyeon smiled. "What about you, looking forward to mine?"
"Yes!" both Jonghyun and Woohyun said in unison.

Seungyeon smiled a little. "Okay.. but Jonghyun what did you choose as your solo?"
"Honestly I haven't decided yet. I think I'll go with the flow of what's going on then, but I have a few ideas." Jonghyun replied as the pancakes came.