However....

Map to My Heart

Key ran into the hospital. "Kim Jonghyun! My brother Kim Jonghyun!!!"

 

The nurses told him the room number and Key ran for it.

 

"Jonghyun!!!" Key opened the door to Jonghyun room.

 

Key ran up to Jonghyun in tears. Jonghyun was bandaged up all over from his wrist to his head. Jonghyun also had a air mask on his face.

 

Minho and Taemin stood up. "Are you his brother Kibum?"

"Yeah. But who the hell are you and why is he here?" Key yelled at the two strange boys.

"I'm Taemin and that's my friend Minho. You should sit down before we tell you the rest." Taemin told Key.

 

Minho ushered Key to the chair by Jonghyun.

 

"Tell me what happened?" Key looked at the boys.

Taemin nodded. "Early this morning there was a crash outside our house and your brother was caught in it. I pulled him out of the car just before it exploded. The police came and told us that it might be gang related since they just talked to your brother the day before about it."

"Damn!" Key kicked the bed. "Those gangsters put Jonghyun like this? I'm going to kill Woohyun when I see him next."

"Ehem." Minho cleared his throat. "I'm not too sure about the details since the doctor couldn't tell us, but they said your brother will be fine. He's just in a unconscious."

"Unconscious?" Key looked at Jonghyun, grabbing his hand. "You can't be. You're supposed to go back to Italy for your modeling and become famous hyung. What am I supposed to tell Seungyeon?"

 

Tears slipped from Keys eyes. Key put Jonghyun's hands in his and cried on them.

 

A few minutes later the doctor came in. "Are you Kim Kibum?"

"Yes." Key stood up.

"I'd like to talk to you and your parents." The doctor said.

"We don't have any. It's just me and Jonghyun." Key replied.

"Oh. I'm very sorry." The doctor said. "Before I speak have a seat."

 

Key sat down and the doctor also took a seat. Taemin and Minho exited the room.

 

"Your brother was in a car accident." The doctor started. "He was unconscious when we found him. He had a broken wrist, two broken ribs, and a minor head injury. He should heal fine however,"

 

Key's heart stopped. "However" was always a bad thing. The police used the word "however" to tell them the bad news when their parents were killed in the car crash.

 

"He has leukemia in the early stages. If we start treatment know we can treat him permanently-"

"Do it." Key cut in. "Make him better. He's all I have left."

"We'll start as soon as he wakes up." The doctor nodded.

"Thank you." Key stood up and bowed deeply as the doctor left the room.

 

Taemin and Minho came back in. Key turned back to Jonghyun and held his hand.

 

"Um... Is there anything we can do?" Taemin asked.

"No... thank you." Key bowed to the two boys.

"We'll be going. If you need anything call us. Here's our numbers." Taemin put he and Minho's number on the desk.

"I know we've never really met but if you need anything let us know. We don't have parents like you two either. It's just the two of us." Minho added.

"Take care." Taemin said.

 

Minho and Taemin bowed before leaving Key and Jonghyun alone.

 

Key looked at Jonghyun crying. "Hyung, don't die. Please stay with me. Don't die. Don't be sick."

 

Key looked at him for a response but received none. Sadly Key took out his phone.

 

"I can't be here by myself. I'll call Seungyeon and Donghae." Key started dialing numbers.

 

A hand reached up and grabbed Key's wrist.

 

"Hyung?" Key hopefully looked at Jonghyun.

"Don't...call...Seungyeon... She...has...Woohyun...now... I...told...him...about...this...

But... Seungyeon...

She...can...never...know...about...this...or...me... She...has...to...hate...me... She...has...to...have...a...better...life...and...man." Jonghyun weakly whispered through the mask. A tear fell from his eyes. "Call...Donghae...and...JongSuk..."

"Hyung." Key cried.

 

Key put his phone down and hugged Jonghyun. Jonghyun always acted strong and hated showing his weak sides, so Key knew what Jonghyun meant. It hurt him and his hyung was hurting.

 

"I'm sorry. I promise I won't tell her." Key promised.

 

Key took out his phone and called Jong Suk and Donghae explaining not to tell anyone, even Jihyun about the situation.

Jong Suk and Donghae rushed to the hospital almost right away after receiving the phone calls.

 

"Jonghyun!" Jong Suk exclaimed as he slammed the door open. He froze when he saw Jonghyun lying on the bed like that. He took slow steps forward. "Are you.. okay?"

Jonghyun just stared at Jong Suk without saying anything. Jong Suk sat on the chair that was beside Key.

 

After five minutes Donghae also ran in the hospital room. "What happened?!" he exclaimed and ran beside Jonghyun.

Jonghyun looked at both his friends beside him then turned his head carefully towards Key.

"Can.... you.... leave.. me... and.. Jong Suk... alone.. for.. a.. minute..

And.... you.. can.. explain.... to Donghae... about.. this... more.." Jonghyun whispered.

 

Key nodded. Donghae stared at Jonghyun for a while more then followed Key out the room.

 

Jong Suk felt really bad to see Jonghyun in that kind of state, not being able to even speak properly. He clenched his fists tightly, trying not to cry in front of Jonghyun.

 

"What is it?" Jong Suk asked gently.

"You... need... to.. do.. something.. for me.. Can you?" Jonghyun asked.

"Of course." Jong Suk said.

 

"Please... call... Sekyung.... and ask her.... that... if..Seungyeon.. ever.. tries.. to call her.... asking.. about me.. that Sekyung would... lie to her.. that she is dating.. me.

I... lied to.. Seungyeon... that.. I'm dating Sekyung..... she needs to believe that.... she must.. hate me..." Jonghyun said, tears fell from his eyes as he struggled to say all that.

 

"And... tell Sekyung.. i'm sorry... that.. I must... make her...lie.."

 

Jong Suk stared at Jonghyun. "Okay, I will call her... But Jonghyun, do you really have to do this? You and Seungyeon should be together.. you love her don't you, you need to have her by your side when things are hard like this for you. Why do you want to do something like this?"

 

"No....she... doesn't need... me. She.. must be.. with someone better... not m-me--" Jonghyun said then burst out crying, not able to hold back his feelings anymore.

 

Jong Suk couldn't hold back anymore either and cried with Jonghyun, hugging him gently.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Woohyun led the crying Seungyeon to sit down on the couch.

 

"I- knew there was something strange in him-- yesterday.. but this-- it's not true- it's not- Jonghyun is not someone-- like t-this." Seungyeon cried against Woohyun's shoulder.

Seeing Seungyeon cry there like that really hurt Woohyun's heart.

 

This is not what I planned. I was supposed to go to Italy with Jonghyun, then come back to Seungyeon.. not like this.. Jonghyun doing something like this, how can he do something like this... and how can he die.. how can Jonghyun possibly die like this? He is Jonghyun, he is strong. How can I lie about all this to Seungyeon.. how can I when she is like that? It's going to be so hard..

 

Woohyun got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen, he opened the refrigerator and took a can of lemon juice, then poured some in a glass and brought to the living room.

 

"Drink some. You didn't take any lemon juice this morning. It might make you feel better." Woohyun said and handed Seungyeon the glass.

Seungyeon didn't take the juice, just stared blankly in front of her and shook her head.

Woohyun stared at Seungyeon for a moment then put the glass on the small table beside the couch. He had never seen Seungyeon having such a dark expression on her face before.

 

"I just want Jonghyun..." Seungyeon whispered staring at the wall in front of her. "I know he is lying to me.."

 

Seungyeon stood up and ran towards the door, she put on her shoes and jacket and ran out the door before Woohyun even realized the situation. He ran after Seungyeon.

 

Seungyeon didn't even use the elevator, just ran down the stairs as fast as she could.

"Seungyeon!! Where are you going!!?" Woohyun yelled following her down the stairs. There was no answer from her.

 

It can't be true. Jonghyun is not dating Sekyung. He is not the type of guy who sleeps with a girl and next day leaves her for someone else.. he is not right? He can't be! I need to see him.

Seungyeon ran as fast as she could towards Jonghyun's house. Woohyun ran after her.

 

Seungyeon stopped panting when she had reached the house, Woohyun soon caught her and grabbed her hand "Let's go back, he is not goiing to be here and even if he is, he probably doesn't want to see you." he said.

Seungyeon shook his hand off her's and made her way to Jonghyun's door.

 

She rang the doorbell, there was no answer. She rang it again, then again and again and again. Finally Seungyeon started banging the door desperately. "Please open the door! Jonghyun! Key! Someone please open!" she cried out.

 

Woohyun held her from her wrist. "Stop! No one is there!"

Seungyeon stared at Woohyun's face silently. "They will be here later right?" she said silently.

"I don't know. But let's just go back to your house, you should eat something." Woohyun frowned.

Seungyeon looked away from him then crouched down on the floor and stared down. "I will wait. You can go." she said.

 

"Seungyeon really, let's go." Woohyun said and tried to pull her up but Seungyeon refused to move.

 

Time passed, they had already spent about twelve hours in front of Jonghyun's house. Woohyun had gone to get something to eat from the nearby store and had tried to get Seungyeon to eat some too but she had not eaten anything, she had not moved at all the whole day.

 

Woohyun sighed and stared at her. Aish what to do? She is just going to wait there like that for who knows how long!

 

Would Jonghyun pick up if I called him? Woohyun took out his phone and walked further away so Seungyeon wouldn't realize who he was calling to.

 

He called Jonghyun. There was no answer for a long time but finally someone picked it up, it was Key.

 

"Yah!!! What is this!? Becase of your gang stuffs now my brother is in the hospital!!" Key right away yelled .

"What? Hospital? Why? Is the sickness that bad already?" Woohyun asked shocked.

"There was some accident because of those gang people.. so now he is in the hospital." Key told him.

"Really? Is he okay?" Woohyun asked.

"Well.. not really but he is alive." Key said. "Why did you call? Jonghyun can't really talk right now."

 

"About that... I really don't know what to do. Seungyeon she has been just sitting here in front of your house, waiting that Jonghyun will come. I told her that he isn't coming but she refuses to leave. She didn't eat anything all day.. she just keeps on saying that Jonghyun is lying to her and that she needs to see him and that she will wait. We have already been here almost thirteen hours since the morning, and i'm afraid she won't move at all the whole day and night. I don't know what to do with her.. i'm not good at these kind of situations, I don't know how to get her out of here and back home." Woohyun said to Key.

 

"Oh..." Key pondered what to do for a moment. "I need to ask Jonghyun what we should do, I will call you later just wait a moment."

 

Key came into the room with Donghae. "Hyung we have a problem. Seungyeon won't leave our house. She's been sitting with Woohyun in front of our house all day and she said she's not leaving until she sees you. What do I do?"

 

Jonghyun looked at Key with sadness. Jong Suk looked at Jonghyun.

 

Jong Suk grabbed Jonghyun's hand. "I have an idea."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Key!!" Seungyeon quickly stood up and went over to Key.

"Hi Seungyeon." Key greeted happily. "Why are you here?"

"Jonghyun, I need to talk to him." Seungyeon grabbed Key's collar.

"He didn't tell you? He left for Italy early this morning. He said something about Joongki and modeling. He also mentioned something about a photo shoot with a Sekyung, whoever she is." Key looked straight into Seungyeon's eyes.

"What? He left? He couldn't have." Seungyeon collapsed to her knees.

"Seungyeon." Woohyun knelt beside her, patting her back.

 

Seungyeon stared at the ground for a moment.

 

"You're lying." Seungyeon finally spoke. "YOU'RE LYING!!! HE'S HERE, IN KOREA. WHERE IS HE?" Seungyeon forcefully grabbed Key's shirt.

"Seungyeon calm down." Woohyun tried to pull her away.

"Where is he?!!!" Seungyeon yelled.

"He's telling the truth. Key is Jonghyun's brother. Why would he lie to you?!!" Woohyun pulled her away. "Look we should go home. Sorry Key."

 

Woohyun dragged Seungyeon to the car. Key played his part and stared at Seungyeon like he was confused. After the car vanished Jong Suk appeared from his hiding spot.

 

"You did good." Jong Suk pat Key's shoulder.

"But I feel so bad." Key looked down.

"But Jonghyun feels worse." Jong Suk reminded. "Let's go in and get some clothes for him. In the mean time I'll call Joongki to cancel Jonghyun's contract and to send over his things."

 

Key simply nodded and went opened the door to his house.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile Jonghyun was waiting with Donghae at the hospital. Donghae sat watching the Japanese movie Koizora, while Jonghyun played with the bracelet on his wrist.

 

I'll wear this bracelet and necklace until I die. Like the lady said if it breaks I'll let you go to find your true love. I won't hold you back.

 

Jonghyun glanced up at the TV. "What are you watching?"

"Koizora. Jihyun made me watch this with her a million times. I was just wondering what she's doing now." Donghae replied not looking away from the screen.

"Well can you change the channel?" Jonghyun asked.

"Why?" Donghae looked at Jonghyun.

"Because the guy-"

"Oh... sorry I forgot about that." Donghae flipped the channel to Heartstrings.

 

Jonghyun and Donghae watched as Gyu Won arrived at The Stupid's performance. Lee Shin serenaded Gyu Won before kissing her. Donghae looked at Jonghyun, who was watching eyes slowly turning sad.

 

"Let's find some action films." Donghae quickly flipped channels looking for an action film.

 

-----------

 

Woohyun took Seungyeon back to her house, Seungyeon followed him without a word.

 

She sat her down on the couch and looked at her. "You must be hungry. wait I'll just quickly make you something to eat." Woohyun said and went to the kitchen.

 

He found a package of instant noodles and started cooking them.

"Don't worry, I'm not planning to burn the kitchen this time!" he yelled to Seungyeon from the kitchen.

 

Soon he came to the living room with the noodles and placed the plate on the table in front of her. "It's for you. Try it.. it might be hot so don't burn your tongue." Woohyun smiled and handed Seungyeon her chopsticks.

 

Seungyeon just stared at the plate in silence, not eating anything.

"Come on, eat some." Woohyun said.

Seungyeon didn't answer, she didn't seem to pay any attention on Woohyun, all her thoughts were on Jonghyun.

 

Woohyun was getting frustrated with her behaviour, he felt really helpless.

"Eat~~" he whined slightly and nudged Seungyeon's arm.

Seungyeon gave the chopsticks back to him. "I'm not hungry.." she said.

 

"Seungyeon~~ even one little noodle.. just one. You don't have to eat it all. Please please please!!" Woohyun whined and gave the chopsticks back to Seungyeon.

Seungyeon stared at him and let out a sigh, she glanced at the plate again and ate a little bit then put the chopsticks down.

 

Woohyun smiled a wide smile as he looked at her satisfied. "Good girl." he patted her back. He was happy that Seungyeon ate even a little bit.

"I can finish that for you, if you don't want more." Woohyun said and took the noodles to the kitchen to eat the rest of it.

 

Seungyeon laid down on the couch, she felt really tired but she didn't want to go sleep to her bedroom because the images of her and Jonghyun there together were still too fresh in her memory.

 

"Your gonna sleep here?" Woohyun asked when he came back to the living room. He stared at the silent Seungyeon for a moment then took the blanket that was on the couch and covered Seungyeon with it carefully. As he was doing so he heard Seungyeon sobbing silently. The sound of that broke Woohyun's heart, he sat down on the floor and looked at her.

 

Woohyun gently placed his hand on Seungyeon's head and started her hair slowly. He felt horrible that there was nothing else he could do right now but watch her cry and sit there.

 

"Sleep. You must be tired." Woohyun whispered.