Burnt Breakfast

Map to My Heart

Seungyeon woke up in the early morning to go to the bathroom, as she was walking there she smelled something burning.

 

Omo! What is that? Is there something burning!?

 

She quickly ran to the kitchen.

She saw Woohyun there cutting some vegetables. There was thick smoke coming from the oven as Woohyun had been cooking something. Seungyeon quickly turned the oven off and opened the window so the smoke would get out.

"Yah, what are you doing?!" Seungyeon exclaimed and took the pan that had something really burnt in it, distantly looking like food.

 

Woohyun turned around and finally noticed all the smoke around, he glanced at the pan and his face fell. "Omo! But but it was fine just a moment ago... ottokhe?"

 

"And when was that moment? An hour ago?" Seungyeon frowned.

"No... I was... cutting the vegetables and I thought the eggs would be okay by themselves there.... I don't know... ottokhe... I wanted to make a yummy breakfast to everyone..." Woohyun stared at all the mess he had made disappointed. "Aish, i'm never cooking again!"

 

He left the vegetables and sat down on the table feeling frustrated with himself.

 

"Well, we shouldn't eat these eggs but don't give up, you can still make a yummy breakfast. The vegetables look good and we can make something else than eggs. " Seungyeon encouraged him. She felt happy that Woohyun had even thought about making breakfast for everyone, he never cooked anything. And he seemed to be getting better.

 

"I shouldn't do anything, it's just gonna get ruined and everyone's going to throw up eating it." Woohyun sighed.

"Hey, come on. Try again. I can help you if you want." Seungyeon said and placed her hand on his shoulder gently. "How happy everyone's going to be when they can eat breakfast that Woohyun made! They will be so surprised."

 

Woohyun stayed silent for a while then glanced at Seungyeon.

"Come on! Get up!" Seungyeon smiled.

"Well.. maybe.. I could try again." Woohyun said and got up.

"Good, that's the spirit!" Seungyeon said happily and started searching ingredients to make breakfast.

 

They started cooking together.. Woohyun made all the food while Seungyeon gave him instuctions on what to do.

 

Woohyun glanced at Seungyeon as he was cooking and smiled. He was really happy he could do something like this with Seungyeon alone after a really long time.

 

"I don't get how people can just cut vegetables and other things so well. I was so scared for my poor fingers that I forgot about everything else. Aigoo.. my poor egg babies... they all died in the fire because I forgot them..." Woohyun pouted.

 

Seungyeon giggled. She could now finally see a sign of the old Woohyun she used to know.

"Don't worry about that anymore. Besides we can make new babies." she said.

"Oh.. that's right.. make new babies.. with Seungyeon." Woohyun said giggling silently mumbling the last part.

 

"What?" Seungyeon looked at him.

"Nothing." Woohyun shrugged.

 

"I'm sure everyone's going to love these babies from Woohyun. They are going to be delicious!" Seungyeon exclaimed.

"You think. No.. wait, if.. if we are going to get these new babies for everyone to eat, that means i'm killing them again..." Woohyun pouted.

 

Seungyeon nudged Woohyun. "Aigoo.. now you baby murderer, finish cooking the breakfast now." She felt so glad to see the playful Woohyun again.

"Araso. Will do." Woohyun grinned.

 

----------

 

Jonghyun got up and heard voices in the kitchen. He went by the entrance to the kitchen and silently watched Seungyeon and Woohyun cook together. Woohyun looks like the old Woohyun that I used to know. Seungyeon's shining like always. They seem to be close like the old days. Did I make the right choice by dating Seungyeon? Should I have let Woohyun date her?

 

Jonghyun felt a hand tapping his shoulder. He turned around and saw Donghae.

 

"I think my kitchen does magical things." Donghae said proudly. "It make you and Seungyeon kiss eventually leading to you two dating. It also brought back the Woohyun we know."

"Really? You two kissed here before you went out in Italy?" Jong Suk came from behind.

"Yes. It's a cute story." Donghae smiled. "Want to hear?"

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. He took one last glance at Seungyeon and Woohyun before going to the living room where Donghae was telling Jong Suk about Seungyeon and Jonghyun's love story.

 

Jonghyun sat on the couch thinking of ways to avoid the people that were after Woohyun and himself.

 

"Do you think I should take Woohyun with me to Italy?" Jonghyun asked.

 

Donghae and Jong Suk stopped their talking. They looked at Jonghyun then thought about it.

 

"I think you should." Donghae replied. "It'll be safer for you two. It might also be better for Woohyun to get away from the temptation of drugs and Seungyeon."

"He also has the looks to be a model so I think they'll let him go with you to model." Jong Suk said. "Talk with Woohyun about it first then if he agrees then run it by Joongki. I'm sure Joongki and the agency will allow it."

"How many more months until you can come back?" Donghae asked.

"I have a six month contract and it's been three months already, so three more months." Jonghyun replied to Donghae and turned to Jong Suk. "Which means that Joon is going to come back to Korea soon."

"That's right his contract is already up." Jong Suk put his hand to his chin in thought. "That also mean that Keiko, Miura, and Vikki are going to go back to their countries too. They all came at the same time."

"Really?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yeah. Yama-chan and Mirai came a month later, so they be around for another month." Jong Suk told Jonghyun. "Aaron and Ariel's contract already expired last year, so they are free to go back when they want to, but they like Italy, so they're staying. They are just like Joongki. But you might have a problem once everyone leaves. Sekyung... she's is a hit in Italy, so she's not going to come back to Korea for a while."

"Don't worry. I dealt with her. She shouldn't give me trouble." Jonghyun smiled.

"I hope she doesn't, otherwise me coming back to Korea for you would be a waste." Jong Suk said. "By the way, I'm going to my old agency tomorrow, so I'll be modeling again."

"That's good." Jonghyun smiled.

 

Just then Jihyun came down the stairs and plopped herself of Donghae's lap. They waited for Woohyun and Seungyeon to finish breakfast.

 

----------

 

"All done, go call them for breakfast." Seungyeon said as she looked at the table they had just filled with all the yummy food.

 

Woohyun walked to the living room and glanced at everyone. "Come eat." he said and looked away then walked towards Donghae's room.

"Yah, where are you going?!" Donghae ran to Woohyun and grabbed his arm. "Let's eat together."

 

"I've got no appetite. You guys eat." Woohyun said trying to pass Donghae.

"It's because of me right, you don't want to admit you made breakfast for me? So you don't dare to watch me eat it.." Jonghyun grinned.

 

"Yah! Not for you! It's it's for.. Donghae hyung, Jihyun. Seungyeon and Jong Suk.. there's no way I made breakfast to you." Woohyun snapped.

"Yeah right.."Jonghyun smiled and tapped his shoulder.

 

"Okay... fine... maybe for you too... but not much.. just so that you can live. You better not start mock my food then, I'm not Mr Perfect Cook like you, so just keep your mouth shut about the food okay. Cause it's not for you... that much..." Woohyun said.

"Who said I was going to mock your food." Jonghyun snorted and made his way to the kitchen. "It must be really bad then if you're that afraid."

 

"Let's just eat now." Donghae laughed and pushed Woohyun inside the kitchen.

 

Seungyeon smiled when she saw Jonghyun and sat beside him. Woohyun glanced at the two quickly and stared down at the table. Seungyeon noticed him and quickly tried to change his attention away from her and Jonghyun.

 

"Woohyun made all of this by himself." Seungyeon said pointing at the food.

"With a little help I suppose...?" Jihyun giggled and started eating.

"Just a few whispers from here and there but mostly he did everything by himself. You will become a great cook in no time! " Seungyeon smiled.

 

Woohyun stayed silent for a moment. He had noticed how Seungyeon had unconciously put her hand on Jonghyun's lap.

 

".... but never as good as Jonghyun? I will never be someone who will make perfect breakfast for you, and someone who could bring it for you in bed and stuff... even if I practiced all the time, this cooking.. you would still think Jonghyun's breakfast is better, even if mine was better than his right?" Woohyun said in jealousy.

 

Seungyeon stared at Woohyun who seemed to be burning in jealousy. Why must he start this again?

 

"Anyways, i'm not hungry.. I just made this all because I felt... sorry about the things I've done lately.. that's all. And this was probably the last time I ever cook anything in my life..." Woohyun got up the table and walked to the living room.

 

Everyone stopped eating and stared after Woohyun.

Jonghyun stood up. "Continue eating please."

 

Jonghyun followed Woohyun to the living room.

 

"Woohyun," Jonghyun sat by Woohyun on the couch. "Why are you being so bitter? We're all just joking around here. We like that you cooked for us."

 

Woohyun turned away from Jonghyun and stayed silent.

 

"I thought we were on good terms since we were laughing and having fun last night. I thought we were friends again. Was I wrong?" Jonghyun asked, but got the silent treatment. "Should I go back to my place?"

 

Again Woohyun was silent. Jonghyun sighed and sat quietly for a few minutes.

 

"Woohyun," Jonghyun started. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to Italy with me. It would be safer and away from those guys that were chasing us yesterday. It would also be away from the temptation of drugs. I also think that you would be an even better model then me. I ran it by Jong Suk, and Donghae and they think it'll be a good idea for you to recover there to. I'll give you a day to think about it. Let me know by tomorrow if you want to come with me. I'll be going back to Italy in a week." Jonghyun stood up. "Also after breakfast I'll be going home. I don't want to bother you too much since you still don't like me."

 

Jonghyun went back into the kitchen leaving Woohyun stunned about the offer to Italy.

 

"What happened?" Everyone looked at Jonghyun when he came back in.

"I talked to him about going to Italy with me." Jonghyun sat down and took a bite of his food. "I also told him I'll be going home after this. He's still bitter about me dating Seungyeon so I don't want to hurt him more then he's hurt already."

 

Jonghyun glanced at Seungyeon who was frowning. He smiled and kissed her cheek.

 

"You had crumbs on your cheek." Jonghyun smiled.

"Oops." Seungyeon blushed and wiped her cheek.

"You look better smiling so smile more." Jonghyun said to Seungyeon before eating.

 

----------

 

Woohyun sat on the couch staring at the floor, thinking about what Jonghyun had told him.

 

Italy? Would it be any good to go there? I would have to spend all that time together with only Jonghyun. But.. what if I go there and after I come back Seungyeon would change her mind about me.. if I just work hard to become a guy she would really admire, a really cool person. If she would choose me then, not Jonghyun. Should I go? If I continue here like this, she would probably never start liking me like that..the way I want her to.