Empty Wallet

Map to My Heart

Inside Sekyung's house was messy. There were clothes thrown everywhere, dishes piled up in the sink, the trash was over flowing with boxes of TV-dinners, and the light in the living room was dying out. Sekyung quickly picked up some of the clothes off the ground and couch, throwing them in another pile on the floor.

 

"Sorry it's messy. I've been too busy and tired to clean up. It's usually not like this." Sekyung said embarrassed.

"Don't worry my house would be like this too if we were as busy modeling as you." Jonghyun replied.

"Want something to drink?" Sekyung asked heading for the kitchen.

"Water please." Jonghyun replied.

 

Sekyung went to get the drinks. Jonghyun looked around at her house. Just as Sekyung came in the living room the light burnt out.

 

"Do you have a spare light bulb?" Jonghyun asked.

"Hold on." Sekyung placed the tray down on a table and went to get the light bulb.

 

She returned and Jonghyun fixed the light bulb. It became bright and the room could fully be seen. Jonghyun felt disgusted and sorry for her.

 

"Here's your water." Sekyung handed Jonghyun his water.

"Thanks." Just then his phone rang. "I'll be back."

 

Jonghyun put the water down and went outside to pickup the call.

 

"Hello, Jong Suk. What's up?" Jonghyun answered. "Woohyun what??.... You want me to go back?"

"Things look bad for him. Your friends keep saying.. actually wait, I'll give the phone to your friend." Jong Suk said to Jonghyun and handed the phone to Donghae.

 

"Hi it's Donghae." Donghae said.

"Hey, so what's going on. I should come back?" Jonghyun asked.

"I think that right now it would be the best thing to do. Woohyun really is not himself at all, he doesn't listen to anyone, and what he is doing really hurting him.. he has gotten himself in trouble with the police somehow again too, we don't know how yet but he keeps on saying it will be over for him if the police sees him. He really isn't in his right mind. And now even on drugs.. I'm really worried. I just thought that you might be able to get some sense into him, better than anyone else, you always have done that the best for Woohyun. We really need you here, before he does something even worse to himself. I understand if you need to stay there for the modeling, but we need you Jonghyun. If you must stay there, then stay, but please consider coming back.. I don't want to see Woohyun harm himself even more. So think about it and call us soon." Donghae told Jonghyun.

 

"I will." Jonghyun said and heard Donghae hunging up the phone.

Jonghyun headed straight for the house. He began packing everything. As much as he and Woohyun didn't like each other they were friends and Jonghyun didn't want to betray his friends.

 

When Jonghyun finished packing he laid on the bed and went to sleep, knowing that they next day would be hectic.

-------------------------------

Seungyeon was sitting by Woohyun who laid on the couch at Donghae's house.

Jong Suk was standing there not knowing what to do. Donghae was walking around restlessly while Jihyun tried to calm him down.

 

It was already 3AM and everyone was tired but they didn't dare to leave Woohyun alone, scared that he might do something strange to himself or try get more drugs.

 

After a few hours Woohyun was alone in the living room as everyone else were getting somethign to eat in the kitchen. Woohyun woke up, he was shaking all over. He looked around. Donghae's house, how did I get here...?

 

He suddenly had a huge desire to have more of the drug, as it had felt so good at first. Now his head felt like it would explode from hurting so much, and he felt really weak.

 

Why am I like this? Woohyun stared at his hands that were shaking. How much did hyung say the second time was? Would it help and get this feeling away? But I got no money... I can't stand this.. I must get it.. wait.. Donghae must have some money, or Jihyun..

 

Woohyun heard voices coming from the kitchen. He slowly got up and sneaked to the bedroom. He started searching all over the room for their wallets.

 

"What are you doing?" Donghae asked when he walked to the bedroom and saw Woohyun there looking around everywhere.

Woohyun froze and hid the wallet he had found under his shirt. "Nothing... I just... just.." he stuttered.

 

"I saw you put something under your shirt. Show me." Donghae said firmly.

"It's nothing, hyung." Woohyun looked down.

Donghae grabbed his arm and took the wallet from Woohyun.

 

"Nothing huh?" Donghae showed the wallet to Woohyun"I can't believe you would try to steal money from your best friend Woohyun.."

 

Woohyun looked around him desperately. "I must go... I didn't mean to... I must go."

"No,stay here Woohyun. Don't go to those guys you are hanging out with thesedays. Can't you see that they are using you.." Donghae blocked the door.

"Let me go!!!" Woohyun yelled trying to push Donghae away. "I don't know what I was thinking and i'm sorry but I really need to go now! So let me go!!!"

"I WON'T!!" Donghae yelled back and stood still firmly.

 

"I won't let you go out there and destroy your life!" Donghae said.

 

Woohyun was silent and stared down. "I'm not destroying anything.. my life has already been destroyed. It big time. I don't have anything.. anything that would make me happy, it's just meaningless just empty and it's driving me crazy so who cares if I do this."

 

"I care. I don't want you to be like this." Donghae said and stared at Woohyun. "Also Jihyun, Jonghyun, Seungyeon and your family care about you very much. We don't wish for you to be like this. We care Woohyun, we do."

 

When Woohyun heard Jonghyun's name again the anger rose up inside of him again.

"Jonghyun? He cares huh?" Woohyun snorted.

"He does. He is your friend." Donghae said.

 

"I don't need a friend like him. Now just let me go!!" Woohyun pushed Donghae away with full power and ran to the door and out.

 

Woohyun ran as fast as he possibly could and stopped when he was far away from Donghae's house. He was panting hard and touched his pocket, he had managed to take some money from Donghae's wallet before he had caught him. This should be enough right?

 

Woohyun felt guilty for taking the money from Donghae, but his desire for the drug was just too big. He headed to his new friends again.

 

--

 

Donghae stared at his empty wallet as he walked to the living room.

"He stole money from me and left." he said sadly. Jihyun hugged him.

 

"Where did he go? We should find him quick!!" Seungyeon exclaimed.

"I tried to stop him, but he got away. I didn't see where he went, and doesn't pick up his phone." Donghae said. "Let's just hope nothing too bad happens to him."