Musical Pairings

Map to My Heart

Jonghyun sadly walked back to his next class, music. Jonghyun took his seat next to the school nerd Onew and waited for the bell to ring.

About 5 minutes before the bell was to ring Seungyeon came into the class with Woohyun. They sat in the seats in front of Jonghyun and Onew.

"Where were you at lunch?" Jonghyun asked.
"We were at the library studying for history." Woohyun replied.
Lies. "Oh. You missed out." Jonghyun smiled.
"Sorry. School work first you know." Woohyun winked and faced foreword.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and put his head down.

"He's lying and you're faking it." Onew commented to Jonghyun.
"Shut up." Jonghyun looked at Onew in disgust.

Onew shrugged and faced the teacher.

The teacher began lecturing about music theory. Onew and Seungyeon took notes, while Woohyun doodled in his notebook about his up coming date. Jonghyun was listening to his i-pod.

"Jonghyun, i-pod!!" The teacher noticed Jonghyun not paying attention. Jonghyun took off his headphones.
"Now for the our project." The teacher started. "Everyone knows about the annual music concert. All of our music classes are participating. I will put you into groups of four. Everyone will have your own solo and the group will sing two duets and one group song."

Everyone cheered at their thought of fame.

"But here's the catch." Everyone groaned. "Only one group will perform from each class. Now I'll assign the groups."

The teacher began list the groups. "The last group is Seungyeon, Onew, Jonghyun, and Woohyun. Now everyone get to work."

Seungyeon and Woohyun turned around.

"Everyone decide your own solo song then let us all know okay? Now let's start with the pairing, so who are the pairings?" Onew asked.
"I'm not working with Jonghyun for the duet, so Seungyeon be my partner?" Woohyun looked at Seungyeon.
"Sure." Seungyeon replied.
"Okay, so Woohyun and Seungyeon, and Jonghyun and I for the duet." Onew scribbled it on his notes. "You two figure out the duet song together and then let us know. Okay for the group song, any ideas?"
"How about a love song?" A lovesick Woohyun suggested.
Jonghyun groaned. "That's going to help us win for the chance to perform? Why don't we sleep on it and figure it out tomorrow?"
"I think that's a good idea too." Onew added. "Seungyeon?"
"Hmm.. yeah.. let's think about the group song later.. but I think I know already what song I want to sing as a solo." Seungyeon said.
"Oh, what is it?" Onew asked.

"Wheesung's- Is it not possible." she said.
"Hey, isn't that a bit too depressing song, sing about something happier it would fit you better." Woohyun commented.
"Oh, it is?" Seungyeon muttered. She couldn't think of any happy songs to sing, only sad and depressing songs came to her mind.

"Then... I think I will take 2PM's Again and Again." Seungyeon said.
"But that is a song for men to sing isn't it? And it's not that happy either. Choose some girl group song." Woohyun commented again.
"But I really like that song..." Seungyeon said.
"It's fine, just sing that song Seungyeon. It's your own solo, so everyone can choose anything they like right?" Jonghyun said.
Onew nodded too.

"Fine, whatever." Woohyun shrugged.
"My solo is going to be really hot and y, so all the girls go wild and we get chosen, because they all fainted from watching me. I choose Rain's love song" Woohyun said arrogantly.
Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell soon rang again and it was time to go home.
"Okay, everyone think about the group song, and also about your duet." Onew said before getting up.
"Ne." Jonghyun, Seungyeon and Woohyun said in unison and walked out the class.

Woohyun ran after Seungyeon who was walking ahead of him.
"Hey, we can sing a love song as our duet right? Because I don't know, if Jonghyun doesn't want that to our group song." he said nudging Seungyeon.
"A love song..." Seungyeon muttered.
"Please!!!" Woohyun pleaded blinking his eyes innocently at Seungyeon.
Seungyeon stayed silent thinking for a while about it.
"Ahh... fine then... a love song." she said.

"Yay!" Woohyun jumped up and down.

"Oh... and once you see my solo stage you are going to faint too.. I think so." Woohyun giggled. "I already have a good idea in my head... you wanna know what my secret is going to be."
"What?" Seungyeon asked.
Woohyun did a small wave and tapped his stomach. "My abs." he whispered and giggled.
"You know I have been working out a lot lately. You can't wait to see my abs either, am I right?" Woohyun said poking Seungyeon slightly.
"What? Welll.." Seungyeon muttered.
"I know you can't wait. Girls can't resist abs." he joked.

Jonghyun was walking behind the two. He pushed Woohyun aside annoyed by him. "Will you stop bragging about your abs already. No one even knows if you really have them.."
"Yah.. do you think I'm a liar?" Woohyun snorted pushing Jonghyun away too.
"Yes." Jonghyun said.
"Seungyeon, Jonghyun's doubting me." Woohyun showed his aegyo and pouted.
"Grow up." Jonghyun pushed him to the side and turned to Seungyeon. "Want to hang out with me? We can go do stuff to get your mind off him." Jonghyun whispered into her ear.
"Mmmm." Seungyeon thought about it. "Okay."

Woohyun noticed Jonghyun and Seungyeon being secretive.

"What are you two talking about? I want to know." Woohyun pounced on Jonghyun, but immediately backed off when Jonghyun glared at him. "Seungyeon, tell me?" He put his arm around Seungyeon's shoulder.
"We're going to go study at Jonghyun's house. Want to come?" Seungyeon asked knowing Woohyun didn't like to study.
"Eww pass. I'll go call her up to see if she wants to hang out." Woohyun took out his phone and began texting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun and Seungyeon were waiting at the bus stop that was filled with students.

"Where are we going?" Seungyeon asked.
"Himitsu." Jonghyun winked.
"What?" Seungyeon asked.
"Himitsu, it's the Japanese word for secret." Jonghyun replied.
"Japanese? I didn't know you had Japanese class. When did you study that?" Seungyeon asked.
"I had the time." Jonghyun replied.

Truthfully Jonghyun had studied Japanese when he found out that Seungyeon, Woohyun, Donghae, and Jihyun were going to take Japanese class. He didn't want to be left out of the conversations, so he took classes outside of school, while they learned Japanese in school.

"You're better then me. I studied for a semester and I still ." Seungyeon pouted.
"You don't . You need practice." Jonghyun said.

After a few minutes the bus arrived. Jonghyun and Seungyeon got into the packed bus. Jonghyun managed to find a seat.

"Seungyeon sit here." Jonghyun let Seungyeon sit down.

Jonghyun stood next to her in the aisle.

After a few stops an older lady entered the bus.

"Halmoni, you must be tired. Have my seat." Seungyeon let the old lady sit.
"What a nice young lady. Thank you." The old lady sat in Seungyeon's seat.

Seungyeon stood next to Jonghyun. She began to feel hands up her thigh. Seungyeon glanced back and noticed a man a little older then her smiling behind her.

What do I do? Should I tell Jonghyun?

Jonghyun noticed Seungyeon making faces and fidgeting. He looked back and saw a hand up Seungyeon's skirt. Jonghyun grabbed then hand.

"Get your filthy hands off her." Jonghyun lifted his hand in the air so everyone knew who he was. "Don't be ually harassing anyone here, especially my girl. Araso?"
"Who's ually harassing people?" The bus driver stopped the bus. "Get off of my bus." The bus driver kicked the man off the bus.

Jonghyun pulled Seungyeon over to a spot near the door. Seungyeon leaned on the door while Jonghyun protectively stood in front of her. People stared at Seungyeon and Jonghyun.

"Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked.
"I'm fine." Seungyeon replied.
"Next time someone bothers you like that tell me. I'll kick their ." Jonghyun glared outside.
"I will." Seungyeon replied noticing the people staring.
"Don't worry about them. We'll be getting off soon." Jonghyun moved a strand of her bangs that was in her face.