Awkward

Map to My Heart

Jonghyun silently set up the grill and food outside of the tent. Woohyun watched as Jonghyun began to cook.

"Take this to Seungyeon. It's her lemon juice." Jonghyun passed Woohyun the juice. "Tell dinner will be ready soon. Also ask her if she's going to eat inside or outside. I'll be eating elsewhere so you two can eat together." Jonghyun.

Woohyun grabbed the juice from Jonghyun. He's acting strange right now. He hasn't insulted me or threatened since I got here, usually he'd be upset that I came.

Woohyun noticed Jonghyun's behavior change and it began to bother him, but he pushed it aside thinking that because Seungyeon was upset and Jonghyun was trying not to make her more mad.

Woohyun opened the tent to see Seungyeon laying on Key's sleeping bag staring at the tent walls.

"Hey," Woohyun smiled. "Want lemon juice?" Seungyeon took the juice and drank some. "Jonghyun said food's almost done. He wants to know if you're eating inside or outside. He also said he's going to eat somewhere else, so it's just the two of us." Woohyun sat next to Seungyeon.

Seungyeon remained silent. Woohyun tried to cheer up the awkward atmosphere. "Do you know how much you worried me? I ran to 27 different parks just to find this park. When I got here there were two guys that were going to beat me up because they thought I was a thief. I thought I was going to die." Woohyun smiled.

Seungyeon continued to stay silent. Woohyun's smiled slowly faded.

"Why are things weird today? You ignored me at school and ditched music class. I come here and you're upset. Even Jonghyun's acting weird!! He's not insulting me or threatening me. It's weird to have him just silently do things around me without him yelling at me. I kinda miss him insulting me." Woohyun laid on Jonghyun's sleeping bag. "But don't tell him that I said miss him insulting me. If you do I won't hear the end of it." Woohyun joked again, but gained no response. "Otoke?!!!" Woohyun whined, frustrated about the atmosphere.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun continued to cook outside. He was almost done with the hamburgers. Jonghyun sat on the table waiting for the burgers and reflecting on what happened. He felt extremely sad and frustrated that Seungyeon wasn't talking to him, but he didn't really regret confessing. What ever happens at least you know her true feelings and can move on.

Jonghyun looked down at the grass and kicked the grass in frustration. He exhaled out. Jonghyun checked the grill and everything was done. He got three plates and put food on it. He put the cooler on the table. Jonghyun grabbed a drink then closed the lid.

Jonghyun called Seungyeon and Woohyun from outside the tent. "Dinner's done you can eat before it gets cold."

Woohyun pulled Seungyeon out of the tent. "Let's eat. Jonghyun made the food real good."

Seungyeon sat at the table. Woohyun was about to take her side but Jonghyun stopped him and whispered in his ear. "You can sleep inside the tent. I'll be in the truck. I got to go now. I'll be back."

Jonghyun grabbed his plate and drink and left, leaving Seungyeon and Woohyun by themselves. He found an empty table far away and ate alone.

Seungyeon stared at Jonghyun's back as he walked away from them. She felt bad for him for not giving an answer for him. She didn't want him to be hurt, but she was really confused. Her head was a total mess so she didn't say anything.

Woohyun looked at Seungyeon who was taking small bites of the hamburger.

"If you continue eating so slow I will snatch that hamburger from you." Woohyun joked.
"You have it then." Seungyeon said taking one more sip of the lemon juice then got up and started walking to the tent.
"No, Seungyeon you just eat it.. I didn't mean that.." Woohyun yelled and stared at the hamburger Seungyeon had left on the table.

Seungyeon opened the tent and crawled in. She quickly changed into a comfortable t-shirt and shorts then burrowed under the sleeping bag.

All this time Jonghyun has been suffering because of me just like I have because of Woohyun. How did the situation turn to this, what do I do? She thought, staring at the empty spot where Jonghyun's sleeping bag was.

Woohyun walked to the tent a little while after Seungyeon.

"Can I come in? Your not changing or anything?" Woohyun asked outside the tent. There was no response.
"I'll take that as a yes. I'm coming in." Woohyun said opening the tent and getting in too.
"Jonghyun said he will sleep in the truck and he said I can sleep with you."

"And don't think I came here to find you just because I wanted to sleep here with you.. I'm not a so don't be afraid. Just like you said friends can sleep together like this right?" Woohyun said as he took off his shirt revealing his abs.

"Oops, what am I doing.. it's too cold here, I should keep it on." Woohyun muttered putting the shirt back on.

In any other situation Seungyeon would have been blushing like crazy, if she saw Woohyun shirtless especially if he was in the same tent with her, but that night she barely even noticed anything.

"I hope you start talking tomorrow... " Woohyun said as he crawled under Jonghyun's sleeping bag. Seungyeon turned away from him and closed her eyes.

Suddenly Woohyun clung onto Seungyeon.

"I'm worried... what is the matter... " he asked.

Seungyeon just shook her head and pushed him away from her slightly with her shoulder. Woohyun stared at her for a moment then gave up as he really wasn't going to get any response from her.

"Good night." He mumbled and let out a deep sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun was sitting outside tapping his fingers on the table absent minded when Krystal came to her.

"Here you were. I'm curious about what happened.. Did you confess to her?" Krystal asked sitting down beside Jonghyun.

"I did." Jonghyun said.
"And?" Krystal asked.
"And she isn't speaking with me now." Jonghyun replied.

"Oh... " Krystal stayed silent for a while.
"Maybe Seungyeon just needs some time, having a friend confess suddenly like that might be a shock. It's good that you confessed though, now you don't need to hide anything, even if she doesn't accept your heart at least you told her." Krystal said.

"Yeah." Jonghyun put his head down on the table. "But it's still uncomfortable. Usually we talk, now its all quiet." Jonghyun sighed.

Krystal scrunched her lips together as she thought of what to say. Everyone around was beginning to go to sleep so the area got quieter and darker.

"There you are." Doojoon put a jacket on Krystal. "I thought you might be cold."
"Thanks." Krystal looked at her boyfriend, who was now sitting beside her. "What did you feel that week when you waited for my reply after asking me out?"
"Wow, sudden deep question." Doojoon gave Krystal a look. "Why do you want to know?"
"Because I do." Krystal replied.
"Well I was really nervous. I thought you were going to dump me because you were always chasing after that tutor of yours and because you always called me annoying and kept telling me to go away." Doojoon embraced Krystal. "When you were thinking I was really alone. You didn't really talk to me and my friends couldn't really do much to help me. I guess I was scared. But in the end it worked out. You're with me right?" Krystal giggled and cuddled with Doojoon. "But if you said no I would have probably stopped bothering you and focused on sports, school, or work until I got back on my feet again."

Jonghyun looked at Doojoon. Even he had to go through it alone.

"You're asking for him." Doojoon pointed to Jonghyun.
"Yeah." Krystal replied.
"Hey," Doojoon tapped Jonghyun. "Just act normally around the girl. Don't stay away from her because it'll making things awkward later whether you end up dating or not. Just smile and be yourself like you were when you were just crushing on her. Also make her notice your good sides, but don't be too obvious about it. Do it naturally."
"Thanks for the advice." Jonghyun bowed.
"Don't mention it, but just stay away from my girl." Doojoon joked.
"Alright." Jonghyun smiled.
"That's better. Smile more." Doojoon placed a hand on Jonghyun shoulder. "Now let's all get to sleep. It's getting pretty late."
"See you around." Krystal turned to leave but turned back around. "Can I have your number? We can stay in touch as friends and maybe model together again. I plan on calling them to be a model after the weekend."
"Sure." Jonghyun smiled.

Jonghyun and Krystal exchanged numbers. "Good night." Krystal and Doojoon went back to their tent.