What’s next with SHINee?

When You Were Mine

 

“Guys, wake up.” Onew roamed around the kids’ rooms that morning to make sure everybody will start preparing as soon as possible. He’s still as sleepy and his head still hurts, but it’s his responsibility to make sure they’re all set by 8 am today.

Key immediately rose from the bed and went to the kitchen to start cooking. Taemin and Jonghyun followed. They even argued about who’s going to wash up first. Taemin won so Jonghyun had to brush his teeth outside the bathroom to save time while waiting for Taemin.

Minho was still sleeping. Jonghyun held the brush in between his teeth and took a spatula and a casserole. He entered Minho’s room and … DDEEENNNGGGGG!!! A sound of a spatula hitting the casserole along with a noisy and irritating vibration surrounded the whole room. Minho immediately sat down in surprise. He looked at Jonghyun and frowned.

“Do you really have to wake me up with that?” He said in an irritating manner.

Jonghyun just pointed at his toothbrush and went outside the room. Minho shook his head in annoyance and head out following his hyung.

“Kids, double time. The manager will pick us by 8. Come on, hurry up.” Onew was already preparing his things. He finished taking a bath ahead of Taemin just a while ago. “That’s enough, Key. Go and pick your outfits while I set the table for breakfast.” He said and took the plate from Key. He’ll do this stuff since he’s all set so Key can prepare his own things.

Five minutes passed 8 and the manager came to pick them up. They entered the van according to diligence. Onew was at the front seat, Key and Taemin sat in the middle, while Jonghyun and Minho had no choice but to take the backseat.

“As what I said yesterday, we’re going to have a meeting with the president today at the company.” He opened. “I think it will be about our next project.”

**** ****

“So… is SHINee ready for another major concert?” He said as he sat with them and the 3 managers that morning at the conference room.

“I’m excited already.” Minho uttered and clasped his hands together. “When is it going to be held, president?”

“It depends… but you need to shoot a music video for a special Japanese single and then we’ll proceed to the planning of your next major concert.” He announced.

There was an obvious excitement on every member’s face. Their five year mark will be a very productive and active year. They could feel it based on the president’s tone. He seemed to have lots of ideas in store for them.

“I didn’t call you though for that reason only.” The president uttered after a while. “There’s something more important thing that I want to personally tell you.”

“What is it, president?” Onew asked.

“I went to New York last week because I made a proposal with someone.” He started. “There is this very good director that I took an eye on. She graduated on an exclusive school in New Jersey majoring in Film and Stage Production. Guess what? She said yes and immediately signed the contract to work exclusively for SM Entertainment. Of course, I gave her a very good offer that will be hard to reject.” He said while smiling satisfyingly.

The five guys looked at him excitedly.

“She is very new to this industry because she started working just last year.  A 22 year old pure Korean Director whose works immediately won on some awards show in US. She’s not a nobody… and cannot be considered as just ‘somebody’.”

“Daebak.” Key uttered in delight. “She’s young to be that successful in the business.”

“And another good news is for you, guys.” The president continued talking. “Because it’s your 5 year anniversary so I decided to give you the best director as a gift.” He chuckled a bit. “She will be the one responsible for the music video and the concert. She’ll work with you first before working with the other artists.” He said.

“Oh that’s daebak now!” Taemin clapped excitedly.

“Really, president? Wow, Thank you very much!” Onew said, stood up from his seat and immediately bow. “We promise to work with her well. We’ll treat her with care.” He promised.

“I know that, and though she will be the head director, she’s still a dongsaeng to you, Onew, and Jonghyun, so I expect you to treat her extra nice.” The 2 young boys nodded. “Based on what I heard from her. This will be the first time after 5 years that she will get to return to Korea. She together with her parents moved in New Jersey after she accepted the offer of studying abroad. She’ll arrive soon and you’ll first meet her on our official meeting together, with the other artists.” He announced.

“We’re excited.” Jonghyun uttered. “What’s the dongsaeng’s name?”

“Director Son Hwejin.”

The name of the director hit Onew like a strong wind. It was unexpected to hear this name over again after 5 years. That must not be Hwejinnie. There are lots of Son Hwe Jin… she’s not the one.

“Oh, I almost forgot. She went to the same highschool as you, Onew-ssi, so she’s a hoobae. I’ll hand the responsibility to you then.” Those words from the president just confirmed what he was thinking a while ago.


//The comments of anticipation warm my heart like Onew's voice. Old friends really know what my weakness is... that's why you keep on giving me comments, because you know I update fast when I receive a lot of it. haha. tell me what you think about this.