Who's lying?

When You Were Mine

 

Taemin worriedly looked at his other hyungs. Onew shook his head, “I’ll go out for a while to unwind.” He said as he immediately went out of the recording area. The maknae kept on staring at the photo – particularly to the girl.

“Taemin-ah, are you alright?” Minho said as he rubbed the maknae’s back. Taemin didn’t respond. He seemed to be thinking so deep.

“I don’t know, hyung, if Onew hyung should know about this or not…” Taemin said which gathered the curiosity of all the members. They gathered and circled around Taemin.

“What’s that, Taemin-ah? Do you have something to say to the hyungs?” Jonghyun asked worriedly. “Come on, we’re listening.”

“This girl.” He pointed out the girl on the photo that was captured kissing Haiden. “She was the same girl I told you I saw with Onew hyung last night.” Taemin admitted.

“You mean… Onew hyung has a connection to this girl?” Key took a closer look to her. “You’re just probably mistaking her for someone else.” He said trying not to believe the possibility.

“No.” Taemin shook his head. “She’s wearing the same thing and that flower shape tattoo on her back, the girl I saw with Onew hyung last night has that, too.” Taemin said and looked at the other three hyungs. “I know I’m always confused but hyungs, I’m sure about what I’m saying this time.”

“Was that the same girl to whom Onew hyung gave some money?” Minho asked.

Taemin nodded. “The exact same girl.” He replied.

The four members fell into a deep thought as each of them tried to put the pieces of puzzle together to form the real picture.

“The same girl… Haiden… Onew hyung… money.” Key uttered with his brows meeting each other.

**** **** ****

After thinking things over, Hwejin decided to leave her office and go to Onew again. She was afraid the two had really gone mad towards each other and she wanted to be assured that everything is still okay.

Hwejin noticed that the door to the recording studio was half open. She was about to enter when she stopped and unintentionally eavesdropped.

“Do you really think Hyung can do that?” Hwejin heard Jonghyun’s voice. “We all know him and we know he can’t do such thing.”

“But what we know leads to the idea that he really probably did this himself.” Key replied. “Taemin saw him last night with that girl and he’s giving her money, and then the next day we see these photos where the same girl is seen kissing Haiden – minus the fact that we left Haiden and Onew hyung together.”

“I agree, but Onew hyung said he has nothing to do with what happened.” Minho said.

“Who would’ve wanted to admit he’s the culprit?” Key asked Minho. “Of course, when hyung did that, he has the intention not to tell it to anyone – even to us members. If he wanted us to know, he should’ve said it beforehand – but he didn’t.” Key added.

Hwejin then slowly appeared as she opened the door and entered.

“There is really the great possibility that Onew hyung was behind everything. He was the one who set Haiden up and he might also be the one who –“ Minho stopped when Jonghyun almost slap his arm so hard. “Hw-Hwejin-ah.”

The four members were caught off guard as they know Hwejin heard – if not all – some of their conversation. 

“O-Onew oppa… He… He…” Her eyes are starting to get wet as she was absorbing everything that she heard just a while ago.

“No, Hwejin… we’re just… just…” Minho didn’t know how to explain, as he himself wasn’t even sure if Onew is still innocent all along. He wanted to clear his hyung’s name, but he knew he couldn’t do anything if that was the truth.

“Where is he?” She said in a shaky voice.

“We don’t know. He said he’ll go out to unwind.”

With that, Hwejin immediately left and went somewhere the boys didn’t know where.

“This is unexpected. What if it was hyung who really did that?” Jonghyun said as he occupied the seat and facepalmed.

“I don’t know.” Key took the seat next to him. “But for sure Hwejin will be hurt. It was very mean… and Onew hyung didn’t just ruin Haiden’s image towards Hwejin. He also hurt her so much as she thought Haiden was just toying around with her all these time.”

“And just the mere fact that he paid someone to ruin him… I think he has gone too far.” Minho said and shook his head. “This is our fault.”

“We weren’t paying much attention to hyung that we underestimated the things that he could do. We should’ve had stopped him if we only learned about it earlier.” Taemin uttered.

Meanwhile, Hwejin went to the rooftop hoping to find Onew there.

“Hwejin-ah.” Onew called when he saw her coming. “How did you know I was … wait, are you crying?” He suddenly started worrying so he ran to her and cupped her face.

Hwejin gently removed his hands on her face, “Tell me, honestly, is it true?” She asked, eyes filled with tears. Onew frowned.

“What are you talking about?” Onew asked. “I don’t understand.” He said.

“The pictures. Were you the one who sent them to me?” She sobbed. “Did you only set Haiden up and he was innocent about this all along? Did you really paid that girl to ruin his image? Tell me, oppa, I want to believe they’re just lying.”

Onew shook his head. “Of course. Of course it wasn’t me. I didn’t do anything, hwejin-ah, believe me.” He said and held her hands tightly.

Hwejin held him back. Their hands pressing hardly against each other.

“Haiden was just playing with me all along, right? I was lucky to never believe everything he said about me giving you up. He was the one who lied the most, right, oppa? You were the only one who has been very honest to me, right, oppa?

Hwejin’s words completely broke Onew’s heart as he suddenly couldn’t contain the fact that he is guilty. “Were you hurt that much about Haiden cheating on you?” He asked.

“It wasn’t because I love him. The feeling of betrayal and mistrust always hurt. It doesn’t matter if I still love him or not… the mere fact that he lied to me and told me things that were never true at all… those were something that really really disappoint and upset me.”

Onew hugged Hwejin. Tight. As if he doesn’t want to let go.

Forgive me, Hwejin-ah… but I hope you won’t know the truth.


// Whoever told me to cry while writing? Onew... my dear... you lied. YOU LIED. HUHUHUHU. She asked you about it and you lied !!! WHY?!! HUHUHUHUHU.