:P

When You Were Mine

 

“Where are we?” Onew asked as they entered a restaurant he just went in for the first time. “Are you sure they serve good food here? I’m hungry. I’m not in the mood to have some experiments about food.”

As they were about to occupy a table, someone suddenly came to greet them. “Annyonghasaeyo.” The five of them turned and saw Hwejin smiling brightly. “I didn’t know you will be here, too.” She said.

“Wow, Director Son! It’s nice to see you around!” Minho said lively. “And… and…” He started to show a very awkward smile when he noticed that she was with someone.

“Oh, yeah.” She expressed and quickly looked at the guy beside her, “He’s Haiden Kim. A new friend.” She introduced. “Haiden, please meet SHINee. They are the five good and dazzling guys I’ve been working with lately. I’m sure you know them. They’re very popular.” She said with a proud tone.

“Of course.” Haiden smiled and lent a hand to each of them. “It’s nice to finally meet the SHINee boys.” He said as he took their hand one by one. “I’ve been hearing a lot about you from Hwejin. She always say you’re very good performers and that you’re really professional. I’m glad. Please take care of her more in the future.” He said.

“We sure know how to take care of our lovely director.” Onew said and flashed a smile towards both. “Wait, should we occupy the same table? Let’s eat together so we can have some chat.” He added.

“Oh…” Hwejin smiled and looked at Haiden for a while before talking again. “We just finished eating and now we’re heading off to somewhere else.” She said.

“Oh, is that so? Then… please enjoy your time together.” Onew answered back. “Have fun.”

“We’ll go ahead then. Please eat your meal happily.” Haiden said and they bid goodbye before leaving completely.

“They look totally compatible.” Key said after the two had left. “She looks pretty fine with him. I think Hwejin-ssi is a little bit happier than before.”

“You think so, too.” Onew said in a monotone. “As what she said… whatever happens between the two of them will turn out good.”

They stopped conversion when the menu list came and they chose their orders. Minho then noticed something weird about Onew after a while.

“Onew-hyung, are you alright?” He asked and rubbed his hyung’s back.

Onew looked at him and smiled. “Yes of course… what made you think I’m not alright?” He asked.

“J… just.. the way that you use your spoon to get the water from the glass…” He said and pointed the glass of water where he was using a spoon in order to drink it.

He realized it and quickly put the spoon down. “Oh.. it… it was just an experiment.” He explained. “Wait, have we ordered something? Where’s the waiter?”

“We just did.” Jonghyun uttered. “In fact, I ordered you another chicken because you weren’t picking your food.”

“You seemed to be in sudden deep thought.” Minho clasped his hands together and looked closely at Onew. “Were you thinking about something serious right now? Come on, hyung, you can tell everything to us.” He said.

No way. You’ll just gonna lock me up in the room, you pabo.

“It’s nothing.” Onew denied. “I’m just too hungry I can’t think of anything right to eat, so just give me whatever. For sure I’ll eat it.” He said.

“Were you affected by the sight of Director Son with that guy? Were you jealous?” Key asked.

“I’m not.” Onew denied again. “Why would I be jealous? Hwejin deserves to be happy. Who am I to get jealous and why will I get jealous? Hwejin deserves to be happy. Why would I get jealous and who am I to be?”

“Hyung.” Taemin called out. “You’re not drunk, but why are you repeating what you’re saying and now they don’t make sense to me at all?”

“Now what if Hwejin-ssi say she’s falling for that guy already?” Jonghyun asked.

“I’ll be happy.” Onew said while looking at a still empty plate on the table.

“How about if we found out that both of them are in a relationship together?” Minho asked.

“I’ll be happy.” Onew answered again, not leaving the sight of the spoon.

“What if the two end up happily together and they get married?” Key asked.

“I’ll be happy.” He answered again.

“What if the government bans the selling of Chicken meat perhaps prohibiting the eating of chicken meat?” Taemin randomly asked.

“I’ll be happy.” Onew answered again.

Taemin then looked at his other hyung. “I told you he’s not with his real self.” He uttered.

I don’t know why am feeling like this. Perhaps because I know she’s already happy, while I’m still alone trying to find someone that will love me as much as she did to me before…

…and I think it’s impossible to find someone better, for I just realized now… that no one can actually surpass the amount of love she has given to me completely 5 years ago.

…instead of wishing worse for them, I just hope it will really turn out into something that can really make her happy.