She's the boss

When You Were Mine

 

“Special Studio?” Onew had to take both earphones out in order to make sure that he heard the manager right. “What do you mean special studio?”

“I heard from the staff that Director Jin instructed her crew to set up 105 specialized cameras on one studio.”

“The usual…” Key shrugged his shoulders. “We’ve been doing this thing forever. Let me guess. She asked to have a trampoline set up as well, right?”

“The thing is… they’ll use that specialized set up during solo shots.”

The five of them frowned, all dumbfounded about what’s going to happen. “That’s a little….” Jonghyun uttered.

“I can’t imagine.” Minho said.

“If we’re going to do lipsynching in the middle of 105 cameras placed all around…” Onew looked up as if he was thinking about something. “Then there will be an angle of our left side, our right side, and our back side. Eh? It’s weird.” He said as he realized how it will turn out.

The look on their faces began to be more priceless as they entered the special studio their manager was talking about.

There were 105 cameras placed around the huge circle on the floor, all pointing up in 60 degrees angle. On their eye level were 3 cameras and 2 cameras on their back. It was weird coz that is not a studio where they can dance together. It will be very crowded because there are too much cameras around.

“This is has the most number of cameras I’ve seen so far.” Minho said as he roamed around the studio that he also just saw for the first time.

“How much money do they spend on here? Do they think it will be effective to just place a lot of cameras around? Look…” He wasn’t done talking yet when he saw a railings right beside the 105 cameras. “Omo… don’t tell me there would be another huge camera moving around as we do solo shots? This is crazier than filming an action film!” He shouted in frustration.

SHINee started to complain a lot to each other about the awkward view of the studio when Director Jin finally arrived. Her hair was tied up in a bun and she’s wearing her specs on. She’s on a simple white shirt and three-fourth pants with a jacket tied around her waist. She looked kind of stress. It’s easy to guess that the beautiful lady stayed up all night just to lead everybody in preparing this kind of studio.

“I don’t think it’s the right time to complain about this now.” She said as she faced them in her most professional expression. “From now on… as we go to work I want you to treat me professionally as how I will look at you. I’ll lead everything from here and all you need to do is to follow me.” She said. “Shall we start?” She looked around and all the staff nodded politely. “Taemin-ssi and Onew-ssi pleasbe do rock, paper and scissors.”

The two looked at her so she had to repeat herself. “Please don’t make me say things twice. Everything I say will be my final order, so please try to follow without doubting.” She said.

The two followed and Onew won.

“We’ll go from youngest to oldest.” She announced. “Since it’s crowded here so the rest won’t get the chance to watch how other’s record. Taemin-ssi please stay while the others please go to the next room and wait for your turn.” She said and without any other word, she took a seat right next to the monitor.

Since SHINee members are so obedient so the rest went out without questioning her while Taemin went in the middle.

“Please dance the choreography until I say cut.” She said and shouted, “cue!” The music started and Taemin immediately got into his feels.

Half of the song he was just dancing with the 105 cameras around, after the 2nd verse, a full camera started going around him with the use of railings.

“cut!” 25 seconds before the song ended and she shouted it to end. “Now I want you to do the lipsynching but please look at all three cameras from time to time.” She uttered and shouted, “cue!” to the music again.

After 45 seconds she shouted, “cut!” Taemin stood there cluelessly.  Hwejin stood up and went to Taemin. “Can’t you make your expression more firm? The song is about a man proving to a girl that he’s capable enough of taking responsibility over her. This song is about gaining a woman’s trust to enter a commitment with him. You should look like a man and not like a rebel little kid who wants a stupid independence from his parents. Sing with authority, not with anger.” She said and sat back down.

After almost an hour Taemin went out of the room. The four quickly asked how it was.

“I swear she’s the scariest director I could ever encounter. She told me I look like a rebel little kid who seeks stupid independence from my parents.” Taemin said looking all exhausted and depressed. “Her words frustrated and degraded me inside.” He admitted.

Just when all of them thought only Tae could experience that…

She went to Minho during the lipsynching part and said, “Can you not frown anymore? You’re eyes are speaking so much already that frowning and knitting your forehead makes you a little over acting, and please stop tilting your head back and forth. This is not a song for an opponent that you just won over. This is a song for a girl you want to win the trust so don’t act like a boastful football player who thinks he can win over David Beckham.”

And for Key… “Look, Key, I know you are more beautiful than most of the girls in KPOP, but please, don’t flaunt it this time. This is not the time for you to prove to every girl you’re more beautiful than 90 percent of them. Don’t stare at the camera like a chic. Stare like a man and not like a who wants to prove she can stole someone else’s boyfriend.”

For Jonghyun, “Have you lost your neck bone? Why do you always tilt your head from side to side and from front to back? Look, what I want from you are facial expressions and not some steps for aerobics, and please… if you can do more than just a lip bite, I’ll appreciate it more.”

And lastly, just when they thought Hwejin can at least be good to Onew.

“Can you get any tougher than that? You’re being all serious but why do you still look so squishy?” She looked at the make up artist. “I asked you to give him better makeup because it will be hard for his face to portray a real man. He’s almost 25 but still looks like 12.” She shook her head, “And please stop those unnecessary hand gestures that doesn’t even go along with the music. If it’s not necessary then please don’t do it.” She uttered.


//Please don't take Hwejin's comments to heart.