Sure I

When You Were Mine

 

“I am not doing it, president.” She was not asking, but rather informing the president that she’s not going to do the project that he just gave her.

The president was struck for a bit and it took him few seconds before he could react to the way Hwejin treated him. He has to understand that Hwejin’s attitude might be a little off at times because she lived abroad for some years.

He smiled calmly, enough to make his patience longer and keep himself from getting mad. “Why don’t you want to do it? It’s the first music video for the collaboration project. It will surely be a hit.” He reasoned out and went back to his seat paying attention to the papers that he needed to sign. It looked like he wasn’t paying attention to her protest; but of course, the president cared a lot about that.

“There are a lot more Directors in the company. Not just me. Plus, I’m busy doing SHINee World Concert III and I don’t have time for other things.” She sounded with so much level talking to the president and no employer would ever like it if their employee talks the same way to them. The president looked at her as he patted his pen in an agitated movement against the table.

“You were saying?” There was a hint of being pissed on his tone. “Is it just normal for someone to reject the work her boss has given to her?”

Hwejin wasn’t able to respond. She knew his words would lead to somewhere else.

“I’m not asking you to do it. I’m, in fact, ordering you to do it.” He said putting conviction to the two most important words. Hwejin looked down on her feet while the president stared at her, trying to figure out what’s wrong with her for rejecting the project. As how he reads her profile, Son Hwejin was the type to do all the works given to her. She never gives up and tries new ideas in order to make her work unique patented with her name.

“I remembered your confession before about having relationship with Onew in the past…” Lee Sooman’s opening statement will surely lead to somewhere. “Onew’s gonna make a music video with Luna, his rumored girlfriend, and I’m asking you to direct it.” He looked at Hwejin straight in her eyes. “Have you seen the lyrics of the song? Do you know the meaning of it?” He shook his head and smiled. “It’s about a couple who promises each other to only dance along the music, hum along the song, and go over the flow… together. A specific line says, whether you leave me here I’ll surely follow you because my music can’t end without you with me. Perhaps… you don’t want to do this because of your past relationship with him.” He smirked.

She rolled her eyes as if she’s conversing with someone just around her age. “It’s not like that, president. I just can’t do any jobs for now. I’m busy preparing for the concert. Don’t you want to give SHINee the best concert I could ever create for them? If you give me this work then my attention will be divided and I might end up not exerting that great effort towards the concert.” She explained again.

“But Director Son can always divide her time.” He stood up and smiled towards Hwejin. “I’ve made up my mind right when I told the management that you are going to direct the music video. It’s final. If you have any issues with the work or with the people you’re working with, please leave it out in your personal stuff and just do your work as what was said.” He said seriously. “If you have nothing more to say then feel free to go now.”

Of course, she couldn’t do anything about it. After all, he’s still the boss. She couldn’t do anything but to follow.

She personally went to the lyricists and he handed her the full script of the song. She went back to her office and started reading the song.

I’ve been through a lot of relationship and all of them were fail, just like the songs I couldn’t sing because I was out of tune. I started not to believe in love. I feel tired as I always end up hurting.

… but then you came like a song that struck my head. I started humming and dancing along without any intention to do so. As I wake up on a sunny day one morning, I realize I already fell for you.

… now, being with you feels like this music doesn’t need to end. Dance with me together in the future. Sing with me as we create good memories. Hold my hand as we go along the huge current of life.

She slammed the paper flat at the table as she rested her head up and sigh. Did she just read a heartbreaking song? Why does the song feels different to her?

She took out her pen and started writing out a scene on her mind. “So you want me to make this stupid music video… alright. Let’s get this down and show them what will happen if they allow me do this kind of .” She said and continuously created juicy scenes up from her mind.

After just 30 minutes she finished it all. She typed and printed it and rushed to the lyricist to present her ideas.

“What?” It was the first reaction that came to his mind as soon as he finished reading her ideas. “You mean they’re not going to sing the song for each other but rather sing it for someone else?” He repeated.

“The scene will be like Luna and Onew-ssi singing on separate locations. At first, viewers will think they’re preparing to meet each other… but then they’ll meet each other on the street, but things will turn out that they really don’t know each other. The bottomline is, they’re dedicating the song for someone else and they just both happened to sing the same song. Not really related to each other at all.”

“Wow. That’s a good idea but… are you sure about it?” He frowned a bit.

“The song’s essence is still there… but do you think fans will enjoy it if they create sweet scenes together? I don’t think so. Onew’s fans are crazy. They will surely bash Luna if that happens. I’m just thinking of my artists’ welfare.” She added.

“You just promise me to make the music video worth to watch, alright?” He told her.

“Sure, sir. This music video will be the most anticipated music video ever.” She said and showed the lyricist a very playful smile.